• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

... and you never stop worrying about your kids by the way lol. It can be a phase your baby/kid/teen is going through that has you worried. My son had quite the temper a few years ago but is turning into a lovely kid now, he is 8 next week!

I had a dream last night that I found loads of blood in my underwear. But then realized I just had to pee and woke myself up. But the worry is always there. I can't imagine the anxiety that some of you ladies feel due to your losses and I commend you for how many times you go through all this. I said to DH last night that god forbid if anything happened to this baby I'm not sure I'd want to try again, this last month of going through nausea has been rough... probably my worst pregnancy so far, and yet I don't seem to even have it as bad as some of you. You ladies are incredibly STRONG!

@co_fostermom thank you :hugs: I’m ridiculously anxious at the moment!

@Joannaxoxo I know what you mean! I remember with my first I though I’d stop worrying after the 12 week scan but it turns out that anxious feeling is just motherhood!

Hey all! My scan went really well today. Baby measured right on track with a heart rate of 148. That being said, my hematoma just keeps growing, but my doctor also said it looks like it's beginning to organize so who knows. BUT...I got the best pics of Love Bug yet!

IMG_6545.jpeg IMG_6544.jpeg

@co_fostermom thats great news and beautiful scan photos! Will the hematoma start to shrink if it organises (I don’t know anything about how it works or what organises mean!)

I was feeling so sick Tuesday but it faded through the day yesterday and I’m not feeling that sick today. I need to stop overanalysing every detail because I just keep giving myself things to worry about!
I did a FRER this morning though and the test line came up before the control line and was a little darker so that was good. Going to do a weeks indicator tomorrow to see if that’s gone up!

Co so glad scan went well :) cute little gummy bear.

Jelly I think I should get the weeks estimator today or tomorrow. I'm ready to use one lol s for the frer I've seem someone post how other tests had progressed but frer did not.

Foster - cute scan picture! I can now imagine what my bubba looks like because we are the gestation.

I get to see my baby next weekend and can't wait! We told the kids that we will be going to see if there is a baby in Mommy's tummy and that's how they will find out. They will be coming with us since it's an hour drive away and we are going to make a day trip out of going to the city. We had plans to go to Ikea after the scan but I'm thinking we might want to avoid big populated places at the moment. What would you all do?

awwwww @co_fostermom !!! That's fantastic news and such a lovely picture!! :)

@jellybeanxx I feel you with the sickness. Yesterday was my worst day so far. I was chalk white for half the day and spent most of it in bed. My usual tricks didn't seem to work, though I did manage to keep all my food down, which was good. Today has been much better already. Just had to keep reminding myself that it's good that I'm feeling so crappy because it means things are going fine!

I finally get to go for my first ultrasound tomorrow, yay! I feel like the last week has dragged by even though I know I'm technically a couple of weeks ahead of schedule getting this ultrasound done. So curious to see what's going on in there!

@Flueky88 l’ll take it as a good sign that my FRER is progressing then! Hopefully we’ll be doing the weeks indicators around the same time! Good luck with yours!

@Joannaxoxo all the best with the scan! As for avoiding populated areas, I would base it on what the situation is like in your area. Our school has been prepping for emergency closure. I’m also a big football fan and meant to be going to the match on Saturday but not sure I should be going now. It might be played behind closed doors now anyway. Scary times!

Cross posted with you @AzureOrchid all the best with the scan! The nausea is definitely reassuring when it happens. I much prefer it when I feel sick at the moment!

@co_fostermom Cute scan pic, and I'm so glad to hear everything is looking perfect! <3

As for me, did my 10 week bloodwork yesterday. They're checking for trisomy and an entire bunch of other genetic abnormalities. So hopefully all the results will be fine, but I'm very optimistic! Will get the results at my next appointment, my 12 week scan on the 25th.

I'm getting quite concerned because of COVID19. There are more and more cases in my country, supermarkets going empty, impossible to find disinfection because it's sold out everywhere. Now there are rumors that three people in our building at work have symptoms... Luckily our boss is getting everything set up for us to start working from home soon.

Even though it would more than likely not be fatal for me, I'd rather not put my baby at any sort of risk, and also we'd not be able to visit my in-laws at the end of this month (we'll tell them about the pregnancy then) if I were to get infected, as they're all older and and possibly would not survive the virus.

Bf and I are getting ready to spend the next few weeks at home (other than going to work and getting groceries). Should be quite cozy! Lots of netflix and gaming.

Just spotted some spotting while wiping, freaking out a bit. Could be nothing... I feel like I'm coming down with a cold but now I'm dreading my scan tomorrow I want this baby to make it ...

:hugs: Emma. Spotting sucks, no matter how much or little it is. Hope everything will be beautiful tomorrow at your scan!

Pineberry - although there's very little research on the effects of Covid19 and pregnancy, the little research that they have from China shows that babies with infected mothers were born with no problems and not infected themselves. The data shows that the later you are in pregnancy, the better the outcome. Since you're almost to the second tri, that's a good sign that things will be okay. But of course, your doctor will probably be able to answer any questions you might have about it and hopefully put your mind at ease.

@EmmaVH hope the spotting means nothing serious! Is it light?

I had my scan this afternoon! It’s still very early (6w2d) but we were able to see the little bub and see & hear the heartbeat! At first when dr started the scan, he zoomed in on a fluid-filled cavity behind my uterus. I thought it was an empty gestational sac! But we saw baby directly afterwards ❤️

@co_fostermom I know I'll likely be just fine, just really prefer zero risk to baby. And I hope all my fellow bumpers also stay as safe as possible!

@EmmaVH - Ugh, spotting is just always so stressful! I'm thinking of you & hope it's nothing.

@Fern81 - I'm soo happy for you <3 Glad to see that bubba is doing well!

Last edited:
@Fern81 that sounds like a scary moment! So glad everything went well!

@EmmaVH I hope the spotting stays away now and all goes well with the scan :hugs:

@Pineberry I definitely understand the concern, I’ve been worrying too but it sounds like you’re taking sensible precautions!

I’m quite envious of all these scans! I’m hoping to go for a private one when I’m 7+5 but it feels like so long away still. I’ve not booked it yet for fear of jinxing myself! 3 weeks to go!

Jellybean - I'm so glad things have changed in Canada with regards to scans. My last 2 pregnancies I had to wait to 12 weeks before the first scan. Now we get a dating scan anywhere from 7-10 weeks... mine is booked at 9 weeks, so just 1 week away. It is still such a long wait though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->