• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

@Joannaxoxo that sounds much better. I’d still have to wait until 12 weeks here for my NHS scan. Feels like a long time away when I got my BFP at 3+1!
The week before the scan is always the longest week! Hope you find lots of good things to distract yourself with!

Thanks ladies .... Now to not stress out and over analyze until I pass the point of previous loss.

Aww yay Emma! I'm glad the scan went well. I totally hear you about being anxious leading up to getting beyond previous losses. I finally made it past that with this one, but I definitely now feel like I'm in uncharted waters. Although, to be more encouraging, I definitely feel a bit more relaxed now.

@co - that's 4 more weeks of actively trying not to stress.... I might just go insane! I'm really going to try though because I know stress isn't good. Ugh. What a catch-22

Right? I have found that munching on celery and magnesium gum drops really helps. The magnesium is called Calm and it either comes in a drink mix form or gum drops. The drops taste pretty good - I don't know about the drink. And it's totally safe in pregnancy (though I take the dose for 13 and unders just to be extra safe). Celery, if you can tolerate it, targets the adrenal gland, and can counteract the effects of cortisol. I had to find real solutions to easing the high levels of stress I was under just from work a couple weeks ago, let alone the nerves I had for getting through week 6 specifically. You can do this mama. I'm starting to think it's honestly all just prep for the next 18 years or more, you know? You'll get through it!

@Joannaxoxo you're in Canada, too?

Yes, I'm in Eastern Ontario. What part of Canada are you in?

Jellybean - yay for progression! I took the same test at 14dpo and got 2-3 weeks, I was quite surprised as I was still expecting 1-2 weeks, but happy for the progression.

Foster - I just noticed that your ticker says 7 weeks 4 days. I thought you and I had the exact same date, did yours change with an ultrasound?

Emma - I love that they wrote 'Little Peanut" on the ultrasound picture, how cute <3

Ugh! Spotting returned this morning.... Only thing saving my sanity is that it's brown. Uterus feels "tight" but not crampy. Work is going to suck today

@Joannaxoxo I'm currently in the GTA but will be moving slightly outside of it in a couple of months :)

Ahhh it's ultrasound day!! Can't wait!!

@AzureOrchid - thats not too far from me. I went to UofT in Mississauga, so lived in the GTA for awhile.

So at 8 weeks it says my uterus is the size of a grapefruit! I can certainly feel it when trying to cross my legs now, it's also starting to get kind of noticeable with certain clothing I wear. I'll have to get maternity clothing soon... I donated all my maternity clothing a couple years ago lol. Baby is now the size of a raspberry O:)

Ugh! Spotting returned this morning.... Only thing saving my sanity is that it's brown. Uterus feels "tight" but not crampy. Work is going to suck today

ahh no, had they said what could be causing the spotting when you had your scan? Hopefully it’ll stop again soon!

Joanna - Yes, I think I was off originally on my estimation (by about a day or two) to begin with, and then my EDD was 10/27 at my last ultrasound and it said my GA was 7w1d which means that my weeks change on Tuesdays, not Saturdays. As long as Baby keeps growing like he has been, 10/27 should be the best EDD and shouldn't change much considering I know exactly when he was put there!

Emma - Ugh! Spotting go away! I had spotting this morning too but I have a diagnosed hematoma so it's more of an annoyance than a problem at this point (according to my doctor) because Baby is growing okay. I'm sorry you're dealing with it. I know you just had a scan - did they find a SCH? Since they saw a heartbeat that's a SUPER good sign. My doctor said at 6 weeks if they see a heartbeat and a fetal pole then the pregnancy has a 90% chance of succeeding. And it only goes up as your baby grows. I hope that helps ease your anxiety!

Brown spotting is nothing to worry about in most cases! Just old blood exiting your system, such as leftovers from implantation. I had brown spotting one entire day in week 5!

I get though that any kind of spotting is stressful. Just know that brown one is very normal in early pregnancy.

How is everyone today?
I managed to not test this morning for the first time in the 2 weeks since I got my BFP :haha: I’ve got a couple of regular tests left that I’ll spread over the week and then my last weeks indicator for Friday.
obviously I like the reassurance of testing but I think it’s just so nice to see positive tests that I’ve become a bit addicted!

Co_foster I personally think crl and other measurements in pregnancy aren’t always 100% accurate. Although they are useful. With my previous pregnancy my son sometimes measured a day or 2 ahead, then a day or 2 behind, but we always knew exactly how old he was because we knew the exact day and hour he was conceived:)

Emma I agree brown spotting still sucks but it does sound like old blood left over from the bleed. Hope it all stops now!

Hehe Jellybean glad you’re feeling more confident!

Afm- I’ve been very dizzy and nauseous every day for the past week or so especially in the AM and PM. It’s starting to bother me at school when I need to be on my feet for 6 hrs teaching. We also have 17 or so cases of corona in RSA now and some people are already panicking. In the cities and suburbs the shelves are empty of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. A lady who lives there told me yesterday that in certain areas (specifically the informal settlement/ rural area where she lives) there are still lots of products available but people have stopped drinking Corona beer... lol so she is going to buy lots of sanitizer for me. I just want to be safe because we’re flying to the coast next weekend and it’s between the cities at our airport and the one at the coast where the first cases of RSA covid was reported.

Last edited:
Jelly, I tested every day (sometimes twice a day) from 10 DPO to 19 DPO and would have tested for way longer if I had not run out of strips hah! It is definitely reassuring and kind of addictive too!

Stay safe Fern! And yeah, we "only" have 169 cases in my country as of today (increasing kind of quickly though) but still most supermarkets are empty of most foods, toilet paper, desinfection etc. This all really reminds me of those apocalypse movies!

This weekend all we will do is stay home, and I kind of like the idea of not having to be social for a few weeks/months, just watch movies/netlix and game some hehe. Ever since I got pregnant, I have been very introverted for some reason.

I got an email from my gym yesterday saying that they will shut down until the pandemic is over - so that option is gone too! (I would not have gone anyway - gyms are one big germ mine!)
Home workouts incoming!

11 weeks today! Wooo. Time goes so fast. I feel soo normal these days, barely any symptoms, and while logically I know that its normal due to the placenta taking over, sometimes I wish I would feel more pregnant so my mind would be at ease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->