• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Btw, welcome and huge congrats @CC94 ! :flower: :flower:
Dang, I keep missing posts on this thread. Added you to the list :)

Pineberry, where are you? I think someone mentioned Portugal? And what is your home country?

Anyone else from the Southern Hemisphere heading into winter?

I guess I’ll also have to start home workouts 5:30 am to 6 am; that’s the only time I have available. Our gyms etc are still open, a few schools in another province have closed. But if I go to gym I need to add another 10-15 min to get ready and dressed and drive there, and 10min to get back home so I’ll have to get up at 5am which is just horrible especially in winter. And yes, germs! Flu season!

What do you ladies do to help with nausea and dizziness/feeling faint? Mine’s worse today right on 6 week schedule. This is uncharted territory as I never had symptoms with my son.

Well, I had my ultrasound yesterday but was a bit disappointed. All we could see was the sac and she brushed off doing transvaginal saying we'd just see the same thing and nothing more. If I hadn't needed to pee so badly (they delayed bringing me in, which was not helping) I might've put up more of a stink to at least try. Just feels like it was such a waste of time and energy. I guess there's the bright side that there is a sac and I now know never to go back to that ultrasound clinic again.

Azure sorry about your ultrasound. I would think anytime before 6 weeks would be transvaginal. Heck I prefer it for the 7 to 8 week scan.

Fern yeah I get up a little after 5 usually and it sucks. I usually eat small things constantly to help nausea. As for lightheadedness, drink lots of water and move or change positions slowly.

Pine crazy to think you are nearly 2nd tri!

Sorry to those that have had spotting, it's so stressful even though it's harmless in most cases.

Jelly I didn't test Thursday. I don't think I will tomorrow. I plan on using my last cb digi on Monday. I should get 3+ then

Azure I'm sorry about your appointment. I'm surprised they didn't do transvaginal. Even my doctor in the past has been like - well, at 5 weeks we should see a sac but not much more than that and that IS with doing transvaginal. At least you know early on that that clinic isn't where you want to be. That seems kinda behind the times to me.

Pine wow! Happy 11 weeks!

Afm - spotting first thing in the mornings now but then pretty much nothing throughout the day and it's very brown (I've actually never seen blood so brown before so that's new). Wishing my symptoms would kick up a bit but I do know he's still in there. I do know that lots of women don't have any symptoms at all around 7 weeks, but I seriously wish I did because it's reassuring. As for dating, I trust my doctor's last dating estimate. With the two scans before it, the first one I should have been 6w3d and she said I was measuring just under 6 weeks and the second one I should have been 6w7d and she said I would be 7 weeks in a few days, so I think I've actually legitimately just been ahead of where I truly have been the whole time which is why I changed my due date and tickers so the next time I go in for a scan my tickers should be much more in line with the actual measurements.

Azure, I can’t believe they didn’t do transvaginal. I think it’s good that you saw what you saw so early on, with an abdominal us! Fx for a great next scan

Thanks for the tips Flueky. I think I don’t drink enough water.

Azure That must have been so disappointing, I’m really surprised they did the scan externally that early on! It’s good that you saw what you did though!

Co that makes sense with your dates! Sorry you’re still having to deal with the spotting. You might be on of the ‘lucky’ women who don’t get many symptoms. My friend is pregnant with her second. She’s 25 weeks now and has hardly had any symptoms at all, even less than with her first! I completely understand wanting the symptoms though. Mine come and go so much and I really am happier when I’m feeling sick!

Fern having a sit down and a drink of water does help the dizziness, eating little and often with help too. I’m finding minty tea good when I get a wave of nausea hit!

Pine I can’t believe you’re 11 weeks already! It feels like you just got your BFP!

We’ve been out for a walk on the beach today but am otherwise avoiding being out in public as much as I can. It’s not easy with kids! My 6 year old’s school is still open but my 3 year old is starting to get activities cancelled. He loves being out and about so keeping him indoors is going to be hard work! The cases of Coronavirus are rising rapidly in the UK and they’re not even testing most people with symptoms anymore, just those who get hospitalised, so we’ll never know the true numbers!

Speaking of the coronavirus...is the US the only country having toilet paper shortages, or is that everywhere? It's so ridiculous here. Now stores are putting limits on how many paper goods people can buy at one time (which is a super good thing). I'm just so ticked off at all the people who thought it would be necessary to by six packs of 24 rolls, 6 packs of 3 boxes of tissue paper, and as many Lysol wipes as they could fit in their oversized carts. I mean, come on. You don't need all that crap. Otherwise, all of us are gonna be dealing with our crap without tools and that ain't gonna help nobody, you know what I'm sayin?

@co_fostermom it's the same in the UK, absolute madness!!
I actually needed toilet roll earlier and with 6 of us in the house I always buy a pack of 24, managed to get one by some stroke of luck but felt so self concious wandering out the shop with it incase people thought i was panic buying x

Right? We couldn't find TP anywhere and I finally resorted to delivery from Safeway. We also are almost completely out of tissue paper and DH and I have both been using quite a bit lately. I ordered some from Safeway delivery as well as some wet wipes and all we got was the TP...which I'm totally thankful for because we were running low, but man, we need tissues too! I just don't get it. Also, I think people are starting to get on other people's cases about buying too much of one thing like that now. It's just wrong and selfish. Buy what you need, don't stock up for a friggin year.

Pineberry, where are you? I think someone mentioned Portugal? And what is your home country?

I am living in Portugal, but am from Germany! It's way worse in Germany than it is in Portugal right now, which is why I'm a little worried about my mom - her being almost 60 means that she might not be able to handle the virus well if she were to get infected.

@co_fostermom The lack of toilet paper, and other sanitaries as well as food, is everywhere! My mom had trouble finding any TP, and even here in Portugal, with relatively few corona cases, I haven't seen any toilet paper in the stores for days now. Luckily we managed to get one package on Thursday, so we should be good for the next 2 weeks. It really is insane!

I won't lie, we have stocked up on a few things when we went grocery shopping yesterday, but not toooo much. Few jars of peanut butter, whole grain bread, packages of rice, potatoes, frozen fish... we have to go to the store again tomorrow and I reaaaally hope it won't be totally empty.

All the people in my street were at their balconies/windows just now and all together gave a huge round of applause and cheers, lasting at least 5 minutes! The same thing that Italy did today (to applaude all the health care workers taking care of people in these rough times). It was amazing to watch!

Pineberry that sounds like a wonderful thing to do, must be very uplifting for the healthcare workers and the community in general!

So many shortages here in the UK. I’ve had gestational diabetes in both my pregnancies with my sons so have started to eat the diet preemptively from when I tested positive. I’ve stocked up on protein sources as best I can but didn’t want to go into full on panic buying. It seemed to start with there being no loo roll or pasta and now the shops are empty of so many things! My parents are in their 70s and both have underlying health conditions so I’m shopping for them as well as us and it’s hard!
I’m hopeful that things will be better by October/November for us! We just have to get through these next few weeks when it will peak!

Morning all! I’m 5 weeks today and I did one of my tests (next one will be Wednesday) but today’s was a proper dye stealer! :happydance:

Great news jellybean!

Ugh the number of covid infected in RSA has more than doubled in 2 days. First of all- RSA’s government medical care is a total and complete slum. The designated corona hospitals are all state hospitals. I once ended up in a state hospital after my medical aid fund had run out. I remember waking up in the critical care unit on a cracked plastic bed with no linen or mattress. There were none available. I ended up being discharged without having a doctor attend to me because after a few days, no dr was available (my case wasn’t urgent enough). I also worked in state hospitals while studying for a different degree. They are dirty. Not nearly enough staff. Patients’ files get lost. Not enough food, no toilet paper, very dirty bathrooms. My friend sat in a chair in our nearest state hospital ER for 2 days (last year July) with a badly broken arm.. she had to sleep in that chair so as not to lose her spot in line... only to be informed that the dr had forgotten about her. The stories go on. RSA is definitely not equipped to deal with this. Panic buying of toilet paper etc has apparently started; I’m super concerned about the panic and about stores emptying with a toddler and pregnancy to look after. I’m so worried today :(

Cat so glad I have someone to relate to. Also here's to team blue for both of us! Do you plan on finding out gender at anatomy scan?

Also, so glad you didn't get sick on that women, ugh that would have been awful for both of you.

Having someone to relate too is awesome. I hope we are both blues!! Yes will find out the sex

Question for you veteran moms - is it normal to have sharp pains in the uterus? It is worse after I've been sitting for a while and get up (sudden movements) and then it's fine again. Is that just the uterus stretching? Is it possible to have round ligament pain this early in pregnancy?

Yes I have had it with this one already it's the stretching and it's terrifying but completely normal xx

I was last on here Tues and sooo many posts love it!!

I'm in Norfolk in the UK and we were one of the last counties to get a case of covid-19 and of course when they did it was in my town!! So far iv not had any trouble getting groceries but have to go get some staples tomorrow and dreading it!!....

So I have an issue I was waiting to get the car (we get it tomorrow yey) to make my first midwife appointment went to do it Fri but just could not get through to Drs! Went on fb and apparently they have closed the Drs surgery! You have to ring get a phone appointment (if you can get the Dragon receptionists to get you through) and speak to the Drs that way. But no one can get through to the receptionists to start with so no idea how to contact the midwives????

We live in crazy times. Hope everyone is able to stay calm, get what they need, and stay healthy!!! As if being preggers wasn't enough to worry about.

It is madness!
My son is immunosupressed due to his crohns disease and today the decision has been made by his medical team to remove him from school for the foreseeable. He is over the moon about this, me not so much! Obviously I want to keep him safe but it's so unpractical with work etc. We have to wait until Tuesday after a multi-department meeting too to find out wether the other three children need to be removed from school and then we will basically have to completely self isolate as a family. Not ideal! I am hoping him being home is enough with us taking extra precautions and being extra vigilant with hand washing, clothes washing and symptom spotting etc. such uncertainty right now xx

@JessdueJan I’m glad your son has a good medical team looking out for him! All the best with the self isolating. Stay safe and I hope the next meeting goes well too!

@Catmumof4 did you get given any info leaflets when you were referred to the midwives? Mine have their own phone number which was on there.
I’m also worrying what will happen to antenatal appointments at the moment. They can’t be over the phone because of the blood tests, blood pressure tests and urine tests etc, so they must be putting provisions in place?

Aaawww jess so sorry to hear that you have that additional worry :( all the best hun I can just imagine how stressful it must be.

Catmum I couldn’t believe my eyes!? How are they just leaving you out in the cold without any info? I’m sure your local government will come up with a plan, they still have to give everyone good medical care. Please keep us updated!

So the president just addressed the nation to declare a disaster state, schools are closed for a month, gatherings of more than 100 people are prohibited, etc. I’m ok with the schools being closed because at least I will be available to look after my son (hopefully it doesn’t extend beyond 4 weeks though because we aren’t equipped to do all our teaching effectively online). I’m just still very worried about supplies and keeping my baby and toddler healthy and well fed. Geez this sucks.

I've been a bit grateful for this quarantine because I have felt utterly awful the past few days and couldn't imagine spending any time in the office at the moment. Nausea has certainly been ramping up and is kicking my butt :(

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy during this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->