• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Morning all,

I haven't read through everything from over the weekend but I'm sure everyone is just as on edge as I feel right now.

My dentist appointment was cancelled this morning. Just hoping my first scan is still going to be happening on Saturday. I'd love the peace of mind that baby is happy and growing well... nausea has eased off but is still strong in the evenings, breasts still tender so I'm happy not all symptoms have disappeared. Got a noticeable bump now, so can't wear certain clothing or it's super obvious. My daughter even commented on my bump and asked if there was a baby in there! Twins perhaps??!! :shock:

Joanna- hope you are not in pain from your tooth! And that your scan goes ahead. I’d love to see if it’s twins

Azure- sorry about the nausea :/ right on time 6 weeks! Hope you get through it fast!

This dizziness is kicking my butt, especially when I have to stand up to teach! I’ve fallen down once already luckily at home, just stopped short of blacking out completely (after walking up the stairs) and my dh was there to help. I’m dreading falling down/ knees buckling/ fainting at school! So literally the only good thing about the schools closing is that by the time I get back to teaching standing up I’ll be 11 weeks and hopefully over this dizziness and nausea.

Oh and I told the principal that I’m pregnant. He didn’t seem impressed but did congratulate me.

Joanna- hope you are not in pain from your tooth! And that your scan goes ahead. I’d love to see if it’s twins

Azure- sorry about the nausea :/ right on time 6 weeks! Hope you get through it fast!

This dizziness is kicking my butt, especially when I have to stand up to teach! I’ve fallen down once already luckily at home, just stopped short of blacking out completely (after walking up the stairs) and my dh was there to help. I’m dreading falling down/ knees buckling/ fainting at school! So literally the only good thing about the schools closing is that by the time I get back to teaching standing up I’ll be 11 weeks and hopefully over this dizziness and nausea.

Oh and I told the principal that I’m pregnant. He didn’t seem impressed but did congratulate me.
I’ve been unreasonably dizzy too, it’s a big reason I even tested, Ive never struggled with this with any others!! Hope yours passes soon as that can’t be a fun cocktail while teaching I’m sorry :-(

Guidance just released in the UK advising pregnant women to basically stay home for the next 12 weeks. Schools to remain open though!

Guidance just released in the UK advising pregnant women to basically stay home for the next 12 weeks. Schools to remain open though!
I've just read this... I don't know what to think. I can't really afford this and two of my three kids are still going to be bringing in outside germs plus my stepson who is between two homes. Are you abiding by it? xx

Fern - it was just a teeth cleaning, so no pain to deal with thankfully.

Jellybean - schools in our province of Canada have all been closed until April 6th. I'm sure yours will be following in the days to come.

I see my GP tomorrow, I will find out if there are any restrictions for my pregnancy with regards to the virus. Just feeling very anxious at the moment.. I told my boss today that I'm pregnant mostly so all my appointments are justified and any extra measures I might need to take. My work is very understanding and I'm glad I don't have to hide anything now.

Hi all... I was camping all weekend and just read/caught up. It's insane what's happening in the cities. Makes me want to go back to the woods!

I snuck in a trip to my midwife yesterday on the way home and she ran a boat load of bloodwork. My bloodwork (well, some of it) came back this morning.... My TSH is more than double what it should be in pregnancy so now I'm being referred to an endocrinologist that specializes in pregnancy thyroid. I'm scared. She thinks (my midwife) it could have been a possible reason we lost our baby at almost 10 weeks last October but obviously we don't know for sure. She mentioned that hyperthyroidism it's a big reason for miscarriages before 10weeks.

Hopefully I'll get in to see one sooner rather than later!

@EmmaVH I hope that appointment comes through for you soon and you can get those levels back down!

@JessdueJan I think a lot of women are struggling with the logistics of it! I work with babies and am very part time anyway so a lot of our services will be reducing/stopping so I’m lucky that I can take a step back for a while. My parents did a lot of my childcare but are in an at risk group so also need to isolate as well. Luckily my husband will be working from home soon but in the mean time his boss is giving him the time to do the school runs. We’re set up quite well for it but it will still be a struggle. For a lot of others it will be a lot harder. My main concern now is keeping us all healthy enough to not just protect me but also make sure we can regularly get supplies to my parents. I’m an only child and there isn’t really anyone else who could help them.

Oh gosh if my state/ country recommended that pregnant women stayed home for the next 12 weeks I honest to goodness wouldn't know what to do. My husband's company is planning on furloughing 80 hours worth of labor, which right now will look like him being off one week each month. It's not doable for us. I make pennies. He makes the bacon. And here we thought his industry (fuels) would never be effected by crazy things like this. I do have an uncle in Alaska who is desperate for workers with DH's skill set and it would pay really, really well. That being said, he'd be gone for months and would have to officially quit his current job (which he doesn't want to do) and we would lose insurance at the end of the month he stopped working for them. His boss said he would do everything he could to hire him back once the furlough was done, but there's no guarantees. And we certainly don't want to move to Alaska. What would suck most in this scenario, assuming we were able to switch insurance immediately (because we cannot lose insurance right now - I depend on it), is that he would basically miss a lot of the ultrasounds and a good portion of my pregnancy, and wouldn't be here to help me if something went wrong. This whole thing friggin sucks.

Sorry for the rant. I just hate the fact that this is supposed to be a happy time for us all and things are finally *mostly* going well with this pregnancy for me and I feel like my joy is being completely stolen by Covid-19 and I don't even have it. I hope you all are able to fair okay and not have to make crazy life-altering choices like we're faced with right now. This is just crazy.

@co_fostermom this whole thing is just horribly unfair. You’re right, it should be a happy time but it’s being completely overshadowed. Your situation sounds particularly difficult and I hope you can find a way to solve it that keeps your family together. All I can hope is that the worst of this is over on 2-3 months and we can get back to focusing on pregnancy and looking forward to our babies.
:hugs:

Sorry don't have time to respond to everyone.

I'm sorry that we all have to deal with covid 19 during our pregnancies. Not just the virus itself, but the effects on our communities and households. I am fairly blessed to mostly work at home already, but.... being a nurse there is a possibility I may be called to the "frontlines" so to speak. Not sure how I feel about that while pregnant and if I should mention it if it becomes a real possibilty. My boss is going to talk to all of us individually by tomorrow afternoon so I guess I'll find out/decide at that time potentially.

I have been buying a little extra food to prepare for possible quarantine. Definitely not hoarder level, just a bit extra to get us by. Schools are closing, employees are being screened when coming into work now, hospital visitation is severely restricted. These are strange times for sure.

Fatigue is kicking my butt! It's really my biggest symptom. That and being moody/angered easily.

Took my cb digi yesterday and got my 3+ so I'm done testing except for hook effect around 8 weeks. Might as well use the tests up as DH is planning on getting snipped after this one.

Well take care everyone :)

@Flueky88 I'm terrified to test for hook effect! I think I'm just gonna leave it. Last pregnancy I learned about it and I didn't have a hook effect because Baby had died at week 6 but I didn't know it yet. I just don't want to tempt fate.

I'm supposed to be on a phone call right now for my new OB intake but they haven't called me yet. I know they're busy, but I hope they don't forget about me!!! I'm not allowed to meet my new doctor until after the intake (which is super annoying). They are currently 10 minutes late for a 30 minute appointment. Hoping they don't call so late that I have to start getting ready for work.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who celebrate! I totally forgot to buy corn beef the last time we went shopping, but I'm wearing green pants so all is good lol.

Or not...lol....looks like I got the day wrong for my appointment. It's not til Thursday. They called yesterday and confused me but I can probably blame this one on preggo brain lol.

Oh wow lots of news...!

Emma oh no, I really hope they get you sorted out very soon! X

Co_foster that sounds enormously stressful:( so sorry to read about your situation.

Well we all are in a very tough situation:( However, I read that China’s numbers are declining. To think SARS lasted about 2 years and already the country of origin is suppressing THIS viral outbreak, that’s just terrific news. I sincerely hope that this may be the case worldwide, soon. China shows COVID-19 Coronavirus can be ‘stopped in its tracks’

In other news, my department head pointed to my very round tummy today and asked me if I’m pregnant!! (I should have said no I’m just overweight lol) but yeah now she knows too. And I’ve told some of the learners, it just slipped out when we were talking about corona issues! Oh well. It’s going to come out sooner or later. Trying to set up and hand in a whole detailed online plan for 3 grades including descriptions of all the work eg page numbers, videoclip urls, exercise numbers, assignment topics ets before the end of tomorrow is stressing me out sooo much. I think my blood pressure is up a lot, I had issues in my previous pregnancy and it feels the same...

Fern - That sounds a lot like how my boss was told. I kind of had to say something based on the virus and the plans we were all trying to make. It makes having appointments much easier then having to lie or make up excuses why I can't be at work.

In other news, my ultrasound has been cancelled. Its now rescheduled until April 6th when they are reopened. Which puts me at 11 weeks... so I'm hoping they can combine the dating scan and 12 week ultrasound all in one. I'm disappointed since I was excited to finally see baby and have some peace of mind that baby is all good but I guess I'll just have to be patient.

Ugh, sorry your ultrasound has been cancelled Joanna :( as if the wait isnt already hard enough.

Holy gravy, I spoke too soon about symptoms being gone... yesterday during work I was talking to a colleague about how I dont feel pregnant anymore and feel totally fine, then later that evening I threw up my dinner! Lol.

Aaaand big news (at least for me as I have never worked from home before): my entire department will do home office from tomorrow on! Am really curious to see how that will go. Very excited for it though! Now we just gotta wait until my guy can do home office too, might take a little while though as setting it up is a bit more complex for his department (online travel agency). We already set up our rooms for it though, so we just spent the last 3 hours re-arranging everything, moving furniture, getting rid of stuff we dont need anymore, basically cleaning our whole apartment out... This girl is tired!

We have stocked up our pantry a little too, but not crazy hoarding :) I predict that my country will be in lockdown very shortly too, so we will buy a few more things in the coming days.

We haven't stocked up much but did buy a few more canned food last week. Now the shelves are empty for canned goods. We can't get toilet paper, bread, milk, eggs, meat products, etc.. It's crazy. I've been sending my husband to get things from the stores and we couldn't even get yeast or flour so we can make our own bread! I'm only going to work and then straight home.

We told the kids about the baby last night. We did a little game where we took the words 'We are having a baby" and cut them out and mixed them up... they had to put the sentence together to see what it said. The look of surprise and excitement on their faces when they figured it out was amazing! Wish I'd caught it on camera lol. They are so happy.

Stay safe everyone!

Aw Joanna that sounds like such a sweet moment for your family! Also, I'm sorry you haven't been able to get basic grocery supplies. Hopefully if more and more people stay home, shipping companies will have time to restock the shelves here very soon. Also, that really sucks that your appointment got rescheduled. It's like they consider pregnant women non-important right now and I'm just like...but I've got complications and how does this work???!!! SO unfair.

Kicking myself for not finding an OB before I got pregnant. I just really like my RE and didn't feel the need for a new doctor I guess. I've just had so many bad experiences with OB/GYNs (actually, I don't think I've had one good experience with an OB/GYN ever), so I pushed off the inevitable. Hoping this new doctor won't decide I'm not important because I'm a new patient. Also hoping that my current doctor will have some sway over the matter since I was a fertility patient and do have complications currently. I'm sure everyone on here is feeling similar about getting pushed aside. And I get it, most pregnancies are uncomplicated and therefore aren't priorities right now, but it's just all so nerve wracking.

Pineberry - where are you located again? We stocked our pantry as well, but were careful not to overstock/ hoard because we know everyone needs this stuff and we didn't want to add to the problem. Basically, we're good for about two more weeks on everything, if not a little more. Fortunately we were able to get our basic supplies before the shelves were completely empty. I feel for people who didn't get that chance.

Joanna so sorry ultrasound was rescheduled. Sounds like a great way to announce to your children.

Co I hope you have a good experience with the OB. My office has several OBs and midwives. They have you meet with all of them so you have hopefully met all before you go into labor. At first I didn't like that, but I really enjoy it. There is only one OB there that I don't care for. I will try not to see him this go round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->