• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

@Joannaxoxo Aww great way to tell your kids! And how sweet that they were so excited! :)

@co_fostermom I am in Portugal - and like predicted, state of emergency was officially declared just now, so full lockdown from midnight on; only allowed to leave the house to buy groceries, walk dogs etc. Still cant get over how all of this feels like an apocalypse movie that we are a part of. Its crazy.

At least my bf will be doing home office shortly too, so I dont have to be worried about him anymore.

I have just began bleeding and will go to the hospital now. I am panicking and cant believe this is happening

Pineberry I REALLY hope it’s nothing serious! Please update us as soon as you can. Hugs!!!!!! X

I’m back now, I am utterly exhausted and tired. had to wait quite a while before they took me into the ultrasound room. Was crying, hyperventilating and shaking so badly. Baby was there, moving around, and we listened to the heartbeat for a few seconds as well. The doctor seemed to be quite in a rush so didn’t get to see baby too much, but she said everything looked fine, except for a dark spot somewhere below the gestational sac, the bleeding was coming from there. She said though that there was "no placental attachment" so everything it seemed okay.

She said I might bleed a little more in the next few days (still am a little right now) and I shouldn’t panick or come to the hospital when that happens. Also gave me some progesterone that I should apply every night before sleeping. Put me on bedrest, no moving around much, no intercourse.

ugh I was pretty convinced this was it.. I was just GUSHING out blood. I filled an entire maxi-pad. It had slowed down a lot though by the time I arrived at the hospital. I’m relieved baby is well, but not 100% somehow.. feeling kinda numb.. I think i’m still in shock.

@Pineberry I’m so glad to hear baby is okay in there! I’m sorry you didn’t get enough time or reassurance at the hospital though. I can imagine how that will leave you feeling on edge. When is your next appointment?

Pine I'm glad everything is alright. Bleeding is so scary during pregnancy.

Oh man Pine! I'm SO glad baby is okay. I know how you feel. Dark spot sounds just like a SCH. That's what it looks like in all my scan pictures (attaching one from my first scan when it was discovered because it has a picture of the SCH in it for your reference). I'm sorry your doctor wasn't able to spend much more time with you though. If it helps reassure you, my doctor said that at 6 weeks, if they see a fetal pole (presence of embryo in gestational sac) and see a heartbeat, the pregnancy has a 90% chance of succeeding. It only goes up from there, and if you've never suffered a miscarriage before, your chances of having a successful pregnancy with the presence of a healthy heartbeat at 11 weeks is like 99.95%. If you have had a miscarriage before it goes down slightly, but not by much. More like 98.99%. Hang in there mama. Bleeding is scary and it sucks, but I'm SO glad you're okay. Mine also started out as gushing but it very quickly slowed to spotting. Now any blood I have is brown and mostly spotting and shows up randomly (so more annoying than a problem). Sometimes it gushes out once first thing in the morning but that's it for the day and then it's barely there on the TP the rest of the day.

IMG_6529 2.jpeg

Nausea. Honestly, I had NO idea. It hit bad this evening. I didn't vomit but whoa. I'm so sorry for all you ladies who've had to deal with it for weeks now. I really did have it good. But suffice it to say, I find it super reassuring. But really. No idea.

Thanks ladies. You are all so kind and supportive. :flower:

I'm still spotting quite a lot this morning but it's definitely a more brownish color now.

I woke up at 3AM last night and wasn't able to fall back asleep until about 6AM, just replaying the events in my head, the sheer terror I felt when realizing my underwear was soaked in blood.

@jellybeanxx next appointment is in 6 days thankfully. It can't come soon enough! Will be curious to see if the dark area below the sac will have disappeared by then.

@co_fostermom Thanks for sharing!! So sorry you're going/have gone through that, it's so so stressful. And I get you about the nausea; I didn't have it that bad in my pregnancy, and was definitely kind of reassured each time I felt nauseous :)

I just checked and the doctor didn't capture the dark spot on my ultrasound pic.. but I found an US pic on the web in which it looks exactly like mine did yesterday:

WYxXNVZedCNnxFwcCGO5BvcOq1PLaVgP_lg.jpg

Like I said, not my ultrasound pic, but that is exactly how it looked; location, length and all.

I read some about hemorrhages and it said that it only happens in about 1% of pregnancies, and is more common in women who went through IVF. So if that's what it is, then it's just so random that it happened to me. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the evening before, I was moving around lots of furniture, pushing stuff, lifting stuff etc.

I'd lie if I said I feel completely relieved and safe; terrified of it happening again or worse.

Hope everyone is doing well! <3 would love to hear some updates on everyone :)

Pine I had a SCH with my first and never had IVF. I only had spotting once snd it was after sex when I had it. I'm thinking I might have it with this baby too. That or I had a hellacious implant bleed. Glad it's just a brown spotting now.

AFM nausea kicking up. Couldn't eat my dinner last night. I ended up cooking some ramen noodles with an egg as that's what sounded good to me.

My mom's hours are being cut from 5 to 3 days a week. I'm going to talk to my sitter to see if she's okay if I let my mom watch the girls those days. Trying to help my mom out. My sitter and her husband are retired. He watches my girls for a few hours in afternoon as she goes to sit with an elderly lady. I'm hoping because of that it won't be an issue.

I feel a bit jilted that covid 19 is putting a damper on this pregnancy. I feel worse for any first time mommas.

I'm on the Nov 2020 boards on WTE app. There are quite a few women saying their first appt is being handled via telephone aka no ultrasound. Even more saying no one else is allowed at the appt. I understand the reasoning but it would still be hard not to have your partner there. I went to my OB yesterday for prenatal labs and got my appt scheduled on 4/3. So far they are allowing your partner at appt. I didn't ask but I saw a pregnant woman with a man at check-in.

Pineberry I’m so glad your baby is ok. What a gorgeous pic. My heart was in my throat for you! I lost my frozen embryo after ivf #1 and it started with me waking up in a pool of blood so I can relate to the sheer horror. My bleeding was much worse and didn’t stop for about 10 days though so the fact that you are spotting today sounds like good news! I hope you can manage to get a bit of joy back hun x

I don’t understand how a pregnancy appointment can be done telephonically? How would they know if it’s ectopic or not? Twins? Whether mom has developed high blood pressure, gestational diabetes or anaemia. Are blood tests still being done? We had an announcement this morning that all health care centers here must remain open as our cases are rising at a scary rate and everyone needs to be kept healthy in every way possible. So I’m not worried about my appointments yet. But we are always tonnes of people in the waiting room sometimes for hours so idk...

Fern I guess they just ask about your health history, symptoms, what to expect, how appts are. Oh at my office we do labs before our 1st appt and they go over them during your appt. Some people aren't getting ultrasounds so won't know if twins until later like 20 weeks? I feel like if you were having symptoms of ectopic they would scan you as that's a serious issue than can be fatal if untreated.

In any case I've got my FX that I get to have US and DH gets to go. I do think prenatal care is very important and don't think offices should close. My dentist office is closing so my appt Monday was rescheduled for June. Probably for the best as high chance I would have puked on them while messing with my teeth. Brushing my teeth makes me vomit while prego (not every time but it's definitely more common)

@Flueky88 - I can confirm noone else being allowed to enter the room due to covid. My SO was not allowed into the room last night... which felt horrible at the time because if it was a miscarriage, I would have preferred to have him there with me... and he was waiting outside not knowing what was going on, if things were going to be ok. I just really really hope he will be able to come into the room for our 12 week ultrasound next week. :(

Thats lovely of you trying to help your mom out! Hope that works out!!

@Fern81 Uff, that does sound like pure horror. :( Thats terrible you went through that. I am definitely so thankful the gushing has stopped and its only spotting now.

It is a comfort to me that so many of you can relate!

Pineberry - how scary... I'm so glad baby is alright! What a relief. Sorry your all in lockdown... can't image what it's like. No idea if it will come to that in my area but so much has changed in about 1 week around here... so it could happen at some point too.

Flueky - my dentist appointment was also cancelled, but I was also sort of relieved as I was a little worried about how easily I gag when just brushing my teeth. So I'm fine with waiting a little while haha.

Foster - I feel you on the nausea. Mine is mostly gone in the morning but starts to creep up by the afternoon and then I feel awful most of the evening. This has definitely been my most challenging pregnancy for nausea yet... however I have to count myself lucky as I haven't actually thrown up.

Stay safe everyone.

Does anyone have a sour taste in their mouth? It started about 2 days ago and it's awful. I'm keeping my teeth brushed and flossed and drinking water.. perhaps not enough. I've been finding diluted juice tastes better than water at the moment. Any tips?

Joanna you could try sucking on ginger candies...helps with morning sickness and with bad tastes in your mouth. I would also try sucking on lemon drops. Sugary, but the lemon will probably kill any sour taste in your mouth.

Pineberry I know you said that pic is not your baby, but if that's what the black spot looked like in yours - that does look like an SCH to me. A small one. I've also noticed the darker the black, the more active the blood (meaning, you're spotting or bleeding or will be or had been recently). My doctor was showing me the difference at the last scan - it'll start looking grayish once it's organizing. Organizing is a good thing. But a small SCH is also a good thing. Your baby will probably force it out soon enough. You also mentioned you were moving around a lot, lifting things, etc. The day before I started bleeding, I was going up and down stairs a lot and carrying some lighter boxes up two flights of stairs. I wore myself out and then had bleeding the next day. No exercise is part of pelvic rest. I think it can aggravate it. Also, drink TONS of water. We need a minimum of 80oz a day, but try to get more like at least 100oz if you can. Being even a little dehydrated can aggravate the SCH. Hope you get better soon! I also really hope they let your BF in the room next time. That would SUPER suck. DH would be so upset if he couldn't come in.

Fern - I hope you get to keep your appointment and that it's not crazy busy and you don't have to wait for hours.

Pineberry I know you said that pic is not your baby, but if that's what the black spot looked like in yours - that does look like an SCH to me. A small one. I've also noticed the darker the black, the more active the blood (meaning, you're spotting or bleeding or will be or had been recently). My doctor was showing me the difference at the last scan - it'll start looking grayish once it's organizing. Organizing is a good thing. But a small SCH is also a good thing. Your baby will probably force it out soon enough. You also mentioned you were moving around a lot, lifting things, etc. The day before I started bleeding, I was going up and down stairs a lot and carrying some lighter boxes up two flights of stairs. I wore myself out and then had bleeding the next day. No exercise is part of pelvic rest. I think it can aggravate it. Also, drink TONS of water. We need a minimum of 80oz a day, but try to get more like at least 100oz if you can. Being even a little dehydrated can aggravate the SCH. Hope you get better soon! I also really hope they let your BF in the room next time. That would SUPER suck. DH would be so upset if he couldn't come in.

Wow! Thanks so much for all that info, I didn't know all that! Definitely sounds like the moving/pushing/lifting could have caused or aggravated the hemorrhage. And yes, I'm an avid water drinker luckily! Again, thanks for sharing - I feel way more reassured now <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->