★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

And to make you feel even better, I just got off the phone (intake appointment) with my new OB's nurse and she said spotting is totally normal, especially with a SCH. She said to watch out for heavy bleeding, passing tissue, etc., but brown blood and spotting, even if it's regular is totally okay.

Thanks co_foster, I’m speaking for myself but I think it’s helpful info for all of us. It will definitely help me stay sane-ish if it ever happens to me.

Sorry pineberry I didn’t notice that you said it wasn’t your pic!

Lots to catch up on! It sounds like a lot of us are having a stressful time. I’m going to try and find some pregnancy meditation to see if it helps bring my stress levels down. Has anyone else tried any? If I find some, I’ll post them in case anyone else would find it helpful!
I did them when I was TTC and found it really helpful.
I’m still waiting to hear from my midwives about my booking in appointment. Going to call them next week if I’ve not heard anything. I don’t want to bother them as I imagine they’re very busy but my appointment should be in a couple of weeks.
I’m going to do my last weeks indicator tomorrow and I’m so nervous. It should be 3+ and I’m terrified it won’t be! I’ve still been getting some nausea but I’m sure it was more intense at this point in pregnancy with DS2.
We’re self isolating at the moment as someone my husband works with has a cough and fever. I’m hoping he won’t have passed it on. Trying to keep busy to stop the million and one things I’m worrying about takeover my mind!

Well, I found a game (I didn't invent it) that might help some of us, especially those now finding themselves working at home, but it'll work for everyone.

Tell us something your kid(s) did today (fur babies count), but refer to them as your colleagues.

I'll start: My colleague sat in the windowsill and tried to catch the birds that were in the tree outside but ended up squishing his nose instead lol.

Well, I found a game (I didn't invent it) that might help some of us, especially those now finding themselves working at home, but it'll work for everyone.

Tell us something your kid(s) did today (fur babies count), but refer to them as your colleagues.

I'll start: My colleague sat in the windowsill and tried to catch the birds that were in the tree outside but ended up squishing his nose instead lol.

:rofl: Dang, I wont be able to participate as I have neither kids nor fur babies!

I've also seen a game for couples that now find themselves working from home together and trying to avoid conflict. Whenever there's a tricky problem that arises, they blame it on an imaginary colleague. Like, "Our colleague Karen keeps leaving dirty water glasses around the house. We need to talk to Karen about the dirty water glasses."

Co_foster my colleague is lying on the couch watching YouTube while I walked around the house naked after my shower :-=

Things are OK here. 2 families who live in the estate where my dh coaches sport, tested positive. Dh is still going to work/coach there every day. In fact this afternoon he is coaching 2 kids in a family who recently traveled abroad. The other coaches asked the family to kindly leave the court on Wednesday; my dh is furious and doing catch-up lessons today because they are vip clients. He is taking a lot of chances but I can’t say anything because he has a HUGE temper and won’t heed my concerns in any case. He is very concerned about his income. Between him and me going back to school on the 14th I am fairly sure I will be exposed (our ground staff and 70% of the kids take mass public transport to and from school and live in very crowded communities; many without running water or just wells/ a communal tap so frequent hand washing is impossible). Our province has the highest number of cases so far. Luckily we are going to the coast for a few days where there are very few cases. We are flying but the airline has ensured us that their hygiene measures are impeccable. Looking forward to a well deserved holiday.
I’m not too worried about getting sick, am I crazy? Although I am worried about what a fever will do to a fetus. I’ve stocked up on tylenol and meds for dh and ds in case we get sick with corona, flu, cold etc. so that we can stay home and not expose anyone at a pharmacy.

Long story!

Well Fern I hope that you are able to stay healthy and I'm sorry about your situation but it's understandable.

Hey if anyone's interested Jojomamanbebe.com is having a huge sale right now. I just scored an $80 pair of jeans for $8 and a $60 summer cami for $9. Maternity clothes...they're also having a sale on their baby clothes.

Hi everyone, just caught up on everyone’s posts. @Pineberry Im so sorry you had such a bad scare. Thank god everything is ok.

AFM I have my first app with my new OB on Monday at half 1. My husband is not allowed to come with me. I’ll be 11 weeks the next day. I really hope everything is ok. My symptoms have really gone away which I hate but I’m hoping it’s just because the placenta has taken over. I am bloated in the evening but that’s all. God I really hope everything will be ok. My Crohn’s is still acting up so the toilet trips worry me for the baby’s health. I haven’t left the house in 10 days now, my school that I teach in is closed and I’m just not taking the chance.

I’ll be sure to update you when I have my scan.

I hope everything is okay Fitz. Symptoms are supposed to calm down close to the 2nd trimester as your hormones are balancing out. Hang in there.

So much has been happening in the last few days!

@Pineberry glad to hear that everything is okay. I can't even imagine what that must've been like to go through and it's tough they had you going in alone.

@co_fostermom so sorry your nausea has arrived!

I've been having a super tough time this past week with symptoms. The nausea has been debilitating and nothing has helped at all so I called my Dr the other day. He sent off a prescription right away to the pharmacy to put me on Diclectin. It has been helping decrease the nausea at times so it's not always so bad.. but it's still very much there.

Work has been an utter nightmare this week with everyone driving me up the wall with things. It drove me to tears before I was pregnant and now it's just heightened. My boss has been very supportive, though, which is great. Being in brain fog land has not been helping anything, especially with running my business on the side. I've been pulled thin that I have been snapping at people quite a bit, which is certainly not good for business... Add on top of that finally giving my landlord notice to move out, the fact that I just feel like utter garbage every day and am not enjoying any bit of something that I really truly should be loving every moment of and I've been a lovely little mess!

I think I got most of that out of my system yesterday, though, with a good cry and vent to my SO. He is amazing and super supportive with everything.

How has everyone been doing?

I feel like I’ve got way too much time on my hands that I’m spending making myself anxious!
My RPR has been continuously dropping for a few days and after feeling very sick most of yesterday, it’s not been nearly as bad today. Being stuck in the house means all I can do is overanalyse and worry!
It was Mother’s Day here in the UK and although I wasn’t able to see my own Mam because of social distancing, the kids and my husband were very lovely and made me a very tasty dinner and I got to have an afternoon nap!
Sorry absolute ramble! How are you today?

Aw jellybeanx that sounds lovely about what DH and the kids did for you!

What is RPR?

I'm okay. Had some severe cramping yesterday that only lasted about 10 minutes which was super scary, but didn't come with bleeding so...I think everything is okay? Not feeling very pregnant at the moment so I understand being left alone with too much time to overanalyze and worry.

Aw jellybeanx that sounds lovely about what DH and the kids did for you!

What is RPR?

I'm okay. Had some severe cramping yesterday that only lasted about 10 minutes which was super scary, but didn't come with bleeding so...I think everything is okay? Not feeling very pregnant at the moment so I understand being left alone with too much time to overanalyze and worry.

RPR is resting pulse rate. I’ve got way too much data to analyse! I get random pains/cramps too and I’ve had them in pregnancy with both my sons. I think it’s stretching/growing but it can feel quite scary when it happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->