★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Also have to drink 2 fortisip drinks (usually used for old people who can’t eat) every day which have 300 calories in the little drink each.

Snack ideas:
1. fruit and yogurt... perhaps greek yogurt as it's more filling and higher protein.
2. hummus and pita bread/naan bread/crackers or veggies
3. eggs - any style you can manage
4. trail mix with good nuts and seeds (like pumpkin seeds)
5. Cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies

Hope some of these help. I remember with my daughter I could only face fruit and yogurt for like 2 weeks.... and she was perfectly healthy. Someone once told me that babies are like parasites... they take all the nutrients they need... it's us that need the good food to keep us going and replenish what the baby takes. :baby:

Snack ideas:
1. fruit and yogurt... perhaps greek yogurt as it's more filling and higher protein.
2. hummus and pita bread/naan bread/crackers or veggies
3. eggs - any style you can manage
4. trail mix with good nuts and seeds (like pumpkin seeds)
5. Cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies

You almost literally described my current diet hahah. My nausea isn't too bad (yet?), but I'm having insane food aversions. Before, I would usually eat a huge bowl of salad + veggies for dinner every night... Now the thought of that makes me cringe.

Currently living off of crackers, rice waffles, fruit, yoghurt and nuts. For dinner it's plain pasta with tomato sauce.

Ultrasound on Monday... Ahhh :loopy:
This weekend must pass quickly!

@Joannaxoxo @Pineberry thank you. Yea I think I just need to be mindful of eating and even if I’m not hungry I need to eat. Need my weight to gain even though I was the same with my little boy and he was perfect, a little small but I would just prefer to gain a few kg if I can now.

Pineberry - I'm pretty sure I went off all veggies for a few weeks with my second pregnancy, and I love veggies normally.

Fitz - I'd try eating every 2 hours. Last night I had dinner around 5:30pm... and I should have had a snack around 8pm because by the time I was going to bed by 9pm I felt really nauseous! So tonight I might try a small bowl of cereal with milk before bed to see if it helps. I don't usually eat in the evening after dinner so I'm going to have to be mindful of that.

So funny story: A baby boy name came to me in my sleep last night! I have been keeping a list of baby names for awhile (since we were trying back in the fall). But I haven't come across a baby boy name that I liked enough as a first name but I do now. I think we have both girls name and boys name picked out already but we may change our minds over the next few months. Anyone else got names picked or at least started thinking about them?

I had a dream about having a little boy and we named him something very specific with a very specific spelling and then a week later friends of ours gave us a huge check to try another FET cycle. We only have boy embryos left to our knowledge, and so it felt like more than a coincidence. So yes, we have a name picked out already for this little one lol.

We have been discussion games since we found out. We can't really agree on a boys name at all but we have a few girls names we both like.
We have one boys name we both like but I'm overthinking it and have put myself off using it because of the letter it starts with #-o because it means our eldest two would have names starting with the same letter and then our youngest two would have names starting with the same letter and that would leave our middle one out on his own without a sibling with a name match. This bothers me for some reason x

Understandable. Or he might enjoy being the unique one. Especially if he becomes your caboose.

@co_fostermom unique is definitely what he is, he has autism and I think this is why it bothers me more because he already stands out in so many ways at times. Hopefully we can settle on a new name that starts with a totally different letter xx

Yes, we already have both a boy's and a girl's name picked out and have for a long time =)

I really wonder what the gender is. Had a dream a while ago that it was a boy, then last night I had a dream that it was a girl. And I really can't decide either which one I'd "prefer" if I had to. For now I'm leaning toward it being a boy, but we'll see if that feeling changes.

I honestly don't know how people 'just know' the gender of their baby before it's confirmed. With my son we found out he was a boy at 20 weeks. My daughter we kept a surprise until birth... I had to be told by the doctor and nurses at least 4 times before I believed them that we had a girl! Both of my pregnancies were different and similar in ways so I certainly couldn't tell... and I honestly don't have a clue for this one either. I think this one might be a boy but only because I feel our odds of a boy are greater (my husband's family are all men, except the wives that married in).

Anyone else have any gender guesses?

Our little bean will have an 'L' lettered name as both our girl and boy names start with a L. So might have to nickname him/her 'Baby L'.

I don’t know but I’m leaving towards girl, I got sick this evening I’m the middle of dinner. Must be the start of MS??! I have been feeling nauseous for a couple of days but didn’t get sick until this evening.
I have a little boy and never got sick and rarely felt nauseous on him so that’s why I’m leaning towards a girl but don’t have a clue really.

the MS could be a problem if it continues because of my weight.

my little boys I called Freddie and I also liked Toby and Theo when we were pregnant with him so might use either of those if it’s a boy and I like Fia and Harper For a girl. My husbands nanny was called Charlotte but nicknamed Lottie so possible name Lottie too and my grandad was called Jeremiah and nicknamed Sonny so might use Sonny for boy or girl. Don’t know yet but they’re a few ideas. Surname is Brennan, very Irish but thinks it’s ok with most of those.

I know this one is a boy, but that's because it was genetically tested before it was frozen lol. The rest of my embryos are boys except for one mystery embryo they couldn't get a good read on. We don't even know if that one is viable but when we get to it we'll figure it out. Hoping it's viable and it's a girl because we lost our lost little girl to MMC last pregnancy.

I think that's really cool you're having a boy, fostermom. Boys are just soo precious and I think there's something so special about the bond between a mom and her son!

Okay, it's officially begun. Been up since 7 AM feeling awful and vomited three times this morning. :-# Ugh, I'm feeling really miserable. We wanted to go to the beach today but I can't really move without triggering more nausea.

Hi ladies I’d love to join!
I also did assisted reproduction (ivf) and got my bfp yesterday at 5dp5dt. (10 dpo).
My due date is 3 November!
@co_fostermom I’m also at higher risk for identical twins :) I know they say it’s not genetic BUT I think they just haven’t found the gene that causes splitting yet because my family is FULL of identical twins on one side, in fact my sister has identical boys.
I’m hoping for a boy so that my DS (ivf baby #1) can have a brother :) have a boy’s middle name picked out but not sure about a first name.
If it’s a girl we have both names picked out.
My symptoms are so different from last time even though I’m on the same meds. Last time I had zero symptoms, just hungry all the time. This time I have no appetite, aversion to everything & everything smells bad, sore boobs, crying at the drop of a hat, anxiety, insomnia...
And can’t believe we are doing all of this again, my son will be almost 4 when baby arrives. I feel like I’ve forgotten everything!

Ok that’s my essay :) can’t wait to get to “know” everyone on here and have a great weekend everyone!

Congrats and welcome @Fern81!!!! I've never been a part of a bumper group that had such a high amount of IVF mamas on here! It's exciting to me to finally find people who understand! Not that I don't love chatting with all you natural mamas, but going through FET cycles are just so different.

Hey fern81 !

I have 4 girls and only 1 boy so pretty desperate for a boy if I'm honest! My son cried when he found out my last was a girl so preying for him. I so desperately want it to be a surprise but I think my kiddies will all have to adjust to it being a girl as this is deffo my last!!

I used all my name's up I have Jasmine (10) Millie (8) Tyler (6) Isabella (4) and Evelyn who is nearly 2. And then little jelly bean!! I like the name willow atm for a girl but not sure on a boys name

Hope your all having a good weekend. Iv literally spent all day in bed basically feeling weak and sick and the only thing I'm able to eat is toast with various toppings and milkshake.. not exactly nutritious!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Sorry @Catmumof4 to hear you’re feeling sick. And @Fitz2020 that you are struggling to take in enough nutrients. Seems like a lot of ladies on here are struggling with nausea/aversions.

With my last pregnancy I picked up soooo much weight and it took 2,5 years to start managing a bit of weight loss... I’ve already picked up weight again during ivf and look 5 months pregnant from weight gain and bloating ](*,)so my biggest aim food-wise is to stick to protein, fruit and veg to stop me from gaining more weight now in the first trimester. Also- I am worried about how I’m going to hide my weight gain/round tummy from my new school’s headmaster & other teachers for the first few months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->