★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Pineberry - how adorable is that scan picture! I'm so happy for you. I love the story about telling your Mom. We haven't told anyone yet but I'm dying to as I'm horrible at keeping secrets.

Foster - you could always reach for a trash can in an emergency. In all 3 of my pregnancies, I have never thrown up, just gagged and felt nauseous. Though I'm told its common to be sick a few times in early pregnancy but hopefully you won't... just make sure to eat something every 2 hours to curb the sickness.

Also - most things taste off to me too. I'm usually a sweet tooth and I have no desire for anything sweet except fruit. I LOVE fruit right now... pretty much lived off fruit and yogurt for a couple weeks when pregnant with my daughter. So I know it's not going to hurt the baby to eat only what we can right now.

Pineberry - how adorable is that scan picture! I'm so happy for you. I love the story about telling your Mom. We haven't told anyone yet but I'm dying to as I'm horrible at keeping secrets.

I thought it was really adorable too! It looks like it is stretching its legs out!! :)

Forgot to mention that my mom lives back in my home country, hence I couldn't tell her in person, unfortunately. :/

We're going to tell my BF's parents this weekend when we visit them! They have no idea we were even TTC and will be over the moon about their first grandchild!!

Can't wait for you all to have your first scans too, and to see all those little bubs!

March 11th cannot be further away for me! I'm currently terrified of that appointment because here I was last pregnancy thinking everything was totally fine and then I finally get to that appointment, at 9 weeks no less, and find out the baby had died. I really am full of anxiety about it right now. Despite showing many symptoms of pregnancy and my tests are as strong as ever (I reallllllly need to stop testing lol).

Foster - I can't imagine the anxiety you must be feeling. I feel nervous and I'm so fortunate to never experience a pregnancy loss (though I know they are common in first trimester... my Mom experienced one before having me). So I know a certain amount of worry is totally normal so I'd be surprised if you weren't.

Anyone else feel a little bump already? My lower abdomen from hip to hip already has a noticeable bump (you can't see it with my clothes on but I can feel it!). I know this is my 3rd pregnancy but I didn't expect to feel something before 6 weeks! I keep teasing DH that it could be twins :shock:.

@Joannaxoxo I have also been teasing OH that it could be twins. There is a definite little bump going on already!
I am eating anything and everything fruity at the minute, yogurts, jam, actual fruit, fruity sweets, fruit drinks. x

I am achey all over today. Ugh. Also, I'm definitely too pudgy to notice a bump just yet. If anything I just look fat lol.

Jess - cantaloupe is my favourite at the minute!

Foster - I'm feeling achy too! My neck hurts (think I slept funny) and my lower bump is a little achy... think it could be more of a constipation thing though.

So my nausea hasn't gotten any worse, it's been mostly the same for more than a week now. I'm mostly nauseated when I get hungry and it seems to be much worse in the late afternoon and evening (esp if I'm tired). Boobs aren't as sore anymore but have grown! I can't wait to see the doctor tomorrow, though we don't get an ultrasound yet and it's too soon for a doppler. But we do weight and blood pressure and set up appointments for first ultrasounds, etc. How is everyone else getting along?

I tend to feel more nauseous in the afternoon/ evening too, and I'm pretty sure it's also related to hunger. That being said, I woke up super early this morning, and thought I was going to be sick, but I was already sideways (trying to go back to sleep) so it passed without incident. My bbs are now consistently/ constantly tender. I'm taking this as a good sign. Shooting pains seem to have slowed, but if I touch them or brush them or lay on them wrong, they hurt. Definitely thinking I'm done with underwire bras now. Fortunately, I have some great maternity/ nursing bras that keep the girls mostly looking perky without the uncomfortable wire digging into them. Had a little random diarrhea last night, though I seriously think it is stress related due to my job at the moment.

Yay doctor's appointments! I seriously wish my doctor would do earlier ultrasounds, but I also get why they wait til week 7. Let us know how it goes!

March 11th cannot be further away for me! I'm currently terrified of that appointment because here I was last pregnancy thinking everything was totally fine and then I finally get to that appointment, at 9 weeks no less, and find out the baby had died. I really am full of anxiety about it right now. Despite showing many symptoms of pregnancy and my tests are as strong as ever (I reallllllly need to stop testing lol).
Just booked my first ultrasound for 12 March... Keeping everything crossed for both of us!

I did my 48 hr repeat beta today and it’s 269,3 from 139,7. So not exactly double but an increase of 96%... probably fine... I hope.
Bump- the other night after dtd I had massive cramping, which caused my to put my hands on my lower stomach.... and I swear I could feel my uterus pushing forward during the cramping :shock: needless to say no more dtd for a while!
I’m not sick at all anymore? Since yesterday I’ve felt fine. I’m happy about that but of course now it worries me!!!

So interesting that a lot of you are craving fruit I don’t really feel like anything sweet. I’m still forcing food down my throat but have been hungry today for the first time. It’s probably not a coincidence that today was my first day at the new school and it took all.my.energy to get through the day! Mat leave can’t come soon enough.

Hi all!! I'm amazed at how many of you said sickness has never affected You!! With my last it got to the point I had to eat with a sick bucket just in case, and it wasn't like a certain thing triggered it either just be halfway through the meal and Bleurgh, was really unpleasant but amazed at how well the kids dealt with it! (Obv tried not to eat with them around but didn't always work!)

I was about to say finally my diarrhoea had stopped but then had to literally run to the loo!! How odd!!

Iv still not even booked with the midwife yet.. should probably do that at some point!

Hope everyone else is ok!!

I also haven't booked with the midwife yet...but I have booked a private scan. My mam works in the hospital labs so to be honest I am putting off havibg my bloods done for as long as possible because once that happens then my mam will know and I'm not ready to tell her just yet.

My evening sickness is awful, I can't eat after about 4pm without throwing up and I just feel nauseous all evening xx

I'm so jealous of you all getting scans so early. In Canada we don't get first scan until 12 weeks and only a second scan at 20 weeks. We do the doppler at prenatal visits but I don't think before 10 weeks. They might do earlier scans if a problem is suspected or more scans for high risk.

@Joannaxoxo that's what we get in England too. I'm too impatient this time round though and have booked to have a private one at roughly 9 weeks because I just can't wait any longer to check everything is OK.
12 weeks is such a long time to wait xx

I get early scans because I'm working with a fertility clinic. I honestly don't know what the standard is for people who just see ob/gyns.

Jess that sounds awful I'm sorry.

I'm seeing the positive side and I'm thankful my sickness isn't affecting me at work through the day because I wouldn't cope well with this level of nausea all day while trying to concentrate x

Looks like standard in RSA is to do a first scan @6/7 weeks for ivf/fet pregnancies. I’m not sure about normal pregnancies.

Sorry to hear about your nausea jess and catmum! Yep mine is gone and hasn’t returned yet. I just want my scan and first trimester screening tests to be over already so that I can stress less about the baby because of course now the lack of m/s and digestive issues worry the hell out of me. On the other hand- the toilets at school are 2 sets of stairs down so I would have had a hard time. Here’s to no nausea and hopefully a healthy baby...

Jess - are you eating a full meal at dinner time? I find that if I eat too much I feel worse. I also seem to feel worse in the late afternoon and through the evening. Last night I ate only half my dinner and saved the second half for a few hours later. It did seem to help a little. Good luck and I hope you start to feel better soon.

Lucky to those who have early scans ! I have had obstetric cholestasis in my last pregnancy, last baby was measuring small and haemorrhaged in 2 Labour's now so I have to have loads extra bloods and scans and I don't get my car until the 15th March so life has been insanely difficult past few months but is looking up yeah!!

How many of you will be finding out the sex?? X

Lucky to those who have early scans ! I have had obstetric cholestasis in my last pregnancy, last baby was measuring small and haemorrhaged in 2 Labour's now so I have to have loads extra bloods and scans and I don't get my car until the 15th March so life has been insanely difficult past few months but is looking up yeah!!

How many of you will be finding out the sex?? X
I’ll be finding out as soon as possible! And you?

What is wrong with your car? Or are you waiting for a new one?

Well so much for not feeling sick and stressing about it. Nausea and vertigo back in full force. Seems like chicken for dinner has been bringing it on the past week- the past 2 nights with red meat had me feeling fine. M/s is new to me so idk, every day’s symptoms and/or lack thereof confuses me! No nausea at school please please though..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->