★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Ahhh I am so relieved to see this Fitz. And I am so glad that your mind can rest a little now and you got the reassurance you were in need of. The likelihood of miscarriage goes way down after detecting a heartbeat, so looks like you got one sticky bean there <3

So I got my blood test results back and I'm just lightly low on red blood cell count, hemoglobin and platelet count (can see my results online). Everything else looks good. I just handed in my urine sample this morning, so I'll get my results for the pregnancy part in a day or two. I don't know if they test for beta/hcg here as I don't see it on my blood test... perhaps my urine sample will say? I go see the doctor next week, so I assume if my low test results were a major problem they would call me before then. I've never had any problems in pregnancy before so I'm not sure what to expect.

How is everyone else doing? I'm pretty good... sore breasts, bloating, my sense of smell is getting stronger so I think aversions are right around the corner. I also get REALLY hungry all of a sudden but then can't eat very much. So glad to be feeling something though :D

Thanks for the update Joanna! I'm kind of in the same boat - bloating, getting really hungry but then not wanting to eat, increasing sense of smell, and my boobs hurt pretty bad yesterday. We'll see what they do today. I've also been pretty gassy - it's embarrassing! I'm sitting here sipping on my coffee this morning and my stomach is starting to get upset, which tells me my coffee drinking days are nearing their end. :shock::brat::sick::sad2:Also, had pretty bad insomnia last night so that's fun...

I've been super stressed at work. I go into much more detail in my TTC journal, so I won't rant here, plus, I know the stress of ranting isn't good for Love Bug (my nickname for Baby).

Oh, and I have Beta #2 today.

Thanks for the update Joanna! I'm kind of in the same boat - bloating, getting really hungry but then not wanting to eat, increasing sense of smell, and my boobs hurt pretty bad yesterday. We'll see what they do today. I've also been pretty gassy - it's embarrassing! I'm sitting here sipping on my coffee this morning and my stomach is starting to get upset, which tells me my coffee drinking days are nearing their end. :shock::brat::sick::sad2:Also, had pretty bad insomnia last night so that's fun...

I've been super stressed at work. I go into much more detail in my TTC journal, so I won't rant here, plus, I know the stress of ranting isn't good for Love Bug (my nickname for Baby).

Oh, and I have Beta #2 today.
Good luck with beta number 2.

4 weeks today
I've been feeling pretty lousy last 3 days. Upset stomach, wicked bloated and no energy. Besides that things are going ok

Well everyone, I'm out. Beta yesterday was 0 & I am spotting today :(

I realized I never updated this group on my beta....442.5, so right on track with doubling. I wasn't worried about this part. The part that I'm worried about is the part that I've never made it to - the first ultrasound where we actually see a living baby with a heartbeat. I'm actually a bit mortified about this next part, because last time I had no clue I had lost the baby three weeks prior to my ultrasound and had the misfortune of finding out on what should have been one of the happiest days of my life. It was only a few days after Father's Day too - in the moment I was more sad for DH but then it kicked in and I was just a mess about it. I'm really hoping for a better outcome this time, you know? Anyone else nervous about their first ultrasound?

@sn0wbunnie so so sorry, sending hugs!

@co_fostermom I am beyond nervous about my first scan. I have one booked for when I think I should be 9 weeks and 3 days, wishing I booked it a week or two sooner though because its making me so anxious waiting.

6 weeks today and my sickness is in full effect. Nausea everytime I move, this is what I was like last pregnancy too few weeks of constant nausea before I actually started being sick x

Foster - I think it's pretty normal to feel nervous prior to the first ultrasound but with losses I can't imagine the anxiety. I know for me its a huge sigh of relief to see the baby moving on the ultrasound. My first ultrasound won't be until 11-13 weeks here in Canada. So I feel like there is such a long wait.

Jess - so sorry you feel so sick, but lots of nausea is a good sign.

My lab results and urine test with the doctor came back positive for pregnancy. They calculate the Hcg differently here so there was no beta number.

Symptoms: Super tired/exhausted yesterday, start of nausea (especially when hungry), sense of smell is increasing, super sore nipples (will need a larger bra soon! haha).

How is everyone else doing? This thread is pretty quiet, so sorry if I take over with my posts lol.

Yeh I'm trying to focus on the nausea being a good sign, see the positive of it to get me through. Just typical it's kicked in when the kids are off school for half term. Luckily they have been quite well behaved for me so far, fingers crossed it continues!

Your symptoms all seem good too. My nausea started with being just when I was hungry, was having to have pockets full of snacks so I could eat every hour or so, haha! Now it's that bad I'm struggling to eat. Massively craving oranges an do range drinks right now. Baby is going to be getting a vitamin c overload x

Snowbunny I'm so sorry hun!!

Fitz so excited for you!

As for me if had every awful symptom going which is surprising but maybe because this will be baby 6?

Jess - nausea is an excellent sign!

I need to stop testing as they are only starting to make me feel more nervous. They weren't darker than yesterday's tests and none of them are as strong as the control line yet (well, maybe one brand). My betas were fine, and I know hpts are not a good indication of levels, hence I seriously need to stop testing. Will I? Who knows.

I felt like poo yesterday with nausea (mostly in the morning) and cramping and my bbs are hurting in ways they haven't hurt before (they hurt if I lean forward or brush against them).

Foster - yes my boobs are like that too. They seem to be fine in my bra during the day, but in the evening they start to get sore so I take off my bra. But without a bra on just my t-shirt rubbing on them hurt! They also seem to be growing, I feel like my current bra is a little snug today! I also wanted to do another pregnancy test the other day... but after the urine test through my doctor yesterday came back positive I've got the reassurance I wanted. Probably the best thing you can do is reduce stress right now, so if testing helps your stress than keep doing them, but if they are causing stress I'd say stop.

Fitz - I am definitely snacking a lot right now. Luckily I only need a small snack like a yogurt or fruit or crackers and the nausea subsides. I know my sense of smell is picking up which means aversions are coming soon... which means gagging at certain smells! I never threw up with other pregnancies but certainly gagged a lot. So far I haven't had it happen yet.

Catmum - sorry you are feeling so many symptoms but those are all good signs. Are you able to get a good nights sleep? I've heard that when you are overtired it can make symptoms worse. Good luck!

I had an appt yesterday with my gastroenterologist for my bowel disease, I had to see the dietician and my weight is very low at only 50kg, I don’t absorb the nutrients properly in my food and we are also very naturally slim in my family. I need to start snacking more as she said what I’m eating for breakfast lunch and dinner is all very good and enough but if I could add in some snacks it might help. Def not feeling Hungry though in the last few days. Need to make an effort though for baby. Any ideas or snack options that you eat with calories??? Thanks ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->