★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Yeah I remember feeling so gross after IVF. I figured once they got the eggs out of me I'd go back to normal right away, but I guess it's like pregnancy where your belly doesn't disappear right away. I'm sorry you're feeling bloated and not like yourself! I hope no one at your new school notices!

Hi everyone, thanks!
Beta this morning 8dp5dt (13dpo) is 139,7. Repeat on Wednesday. I’m a bit stressed out today and zero appetite; think I’ll go to the gym for some endorphins!

That beta level sounds very very good for 13dpo! I need to get to the gym asap too, I've only managed once a week since getting pregnant.

My 8 week scan is this evening! Ahhh!! It's the day I've been waiting for since weeks. I'm slightly nervous but have a good feeling overall. Going there straight after work and will report back!

That beta level sounds very very good for 13dpo! I need to get to the gym asap too, I've only managed once a week since getting pregnant.

My 8 week scan is this evening! Ahhh!! It's the day I've been waiting for since weeks. I'm slightly nervous but have a good feeling overall. Going there straight after work and will report back!
Aaahhh how exciting!

Good Morning All, hope everyone had a great weekend!

Welcome and congratulations Fern! :hi:

How exciting to have your scan today Pineberry! Can't wait to hear about it.

Question for you all... what do you do with morning sickness first thing in the morning? On week days I usually have my shower first so my hair has time to dry while making lunches/eating breakfast/etc. But this morning I felt so sick while in the shower. Do you have some snacks first thing or should I try to go eat a quick breakfast first before showering? I seem to remember eating some soda crackers in bed when I woke up with my first pregnancy... .but crackers are gross to me right now :sick:lol.

Also, I can already feel a little 'bump'! I have a little pocket right above my c-section scar which is round and firm... feels like my uterus is growing already! Anyone else feeling anything by 5-6 weeks?? It's not noticeable but I can feel it for sure.

Omg don't know how you teachers do it! Managed a shower and food then had to go back to bed. Def have to speak to midwife about feeling this wiped out!! But been up since 12 and made some cornflake cakes for when the kids get back from school!

Good luck with the scan pineberry! X

Yay Pineberry! Can't wait for your scan results!

Joanna I woke up early with diarrhea this morning but I don't know if it's because I took too much progesterone yesterday or if I ate something I shouldn't have or what. I never experienced nausea in my previous pregnancies this early, though my mom advised that I should have some bland snack food next to my bed and eat a few bites before even getting out of bed to help curb or prevent morning sickness. I haven't needed to do that yet this pregnancy.

My acid reflux has kicked in this pregnancy. I usually get it around now so it's right on time. Trying really hard to limit my ant-acid in take. They are safe, but in small doses so I'm just trying to push through the reflux as much as I can and only take the chews when I'm desperate.

I'm not feeling very pregnant today. My bbs hurt a little but that's about it. I have been ridiculously thirsty over the past 36 hours or so though.

@Pineberry can't wait to hear about your scan, so exciting!!

I have digestives for morning sickness. One or two of them seems to stave it off enough to function slightly first thing on a morning. My nausea is worse on an evening at the minute xx

Catmumof4 - so sorry you're feeling so sick! I'm not a teacher but I do go into work on weekdays. But I'm lucky to work at a desk so I'm sitting and able to snack when needed. I'm an administrator/accountant. I don't know how people cope where they have to 'act' fine all day.

Foster - last week I had diarrhea several mornings in a row... now the opposite problem. I've never dealt with acid reflux before but it's normal for pregnancy, glad you have something to take if you really need it.

Jess - digestives sound much more appealing that crackers, I'll give those a try!

I've also been loving this water flavouring I bought. I just put a tiny bit of it in a huge water bottle and it tastes like pink lemonade (no sugar, sweetened with stevia). I've been having trouble drinking enough water because of the nausea and this helps a lot. Plus, I've heard sour things help with nausea.

What’s up with the diarrhea? I’ve had it since ivf stims! And it’s not letting up! On top of that I’m nauseous, threw up this morning; the problem at both ends has been inconvenient but I’ve been home at least, I start school on Wednesday and hope there will be a bathroom close to my classroom :-#:sick:
I’m thinking of buying ginger rooibos tea and making iced tea to sip on during class. I’ve never had pregnancy nausea/digestive issues before.
Joanna your job sounds a lot more appealing than teaching atm.

Catmumof4 - so sorry you're feeling so sick! I'm not a teacher but I do go into work on weekdays. But I'm lucky to work at a desk so I'm sitting and able to snack when needed. I'm an administrator/accountant. I don't know how people cope where they have to 'act' fine all day.

Foster - last week I had diarrhea several mornings in a row... now the opposite problem. I've never dealt with acid reflux before but it's normal for pregnancy, glad you have something to take if you really need it.

Jess - digestives sound much more appealing that crackers, I'll give those a try!

I've also been loving this water flavouring I bought. I just put a tiny bit of it in a huge water bottle and it tastes like pink lemonade (no sugar, sweetened with stevia). I've been having trouble drinking enough water because of the nausea and this helps a lot. Plus, I've heard sour things help with nausea.
Ooohh I think I know those little sweetener thingies, my sister uses something similar? I might try that!

Reporting back....

It was a total success!! We saw and heard the heartbeat, little bub is measuring ahead - 8w+2 instead of 7w+6.

It was so surreal! As soon as I saw little bubba, the head and hands and feet, I got all emotional.. and when the sound of the heartbeat came on, I couldn't hold back my tears!

9E4084E6-2F7B-4F85-8BD2-31D73BB52E34.jpeg

When we got home all I wanted to do is tell my mom (who had no clue I was even pregnant till now) so I facetimed her and after chitchatting for a good while, I told her I wanted to show her a video... I then showed her the video my boyfriend recorded of the ultrasound screen with the heart beating away! Her reaction was priceless, she was SO beside herself with joy and cried. Luckily recorded it all via a screenrecorder, so I have it for memories.

To say I'm relieved is an understatement!

Yay Pineberry! That's so wonderful!

I'm so sorry for all you teachers out there. I'm currently an administrator and work at a desk (I used to be a teacher so I get it), but I'm also above a daycare and the smells...oh geez. Also my office building is super old, and the closest bathroom is on the 4th floor - I'm on the 2nd and 3rd (our production office is on the 2nd, and then I have to go up an additional hidden set of stairs to get to our office, so I have to go down those, then up 2 floors to get to the bathroom. I'm terrified of having vomiting morning sickness while I'm at work because I don't think I would make it that far. There is a sink just at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor but sheesh.

Question: is it normal in early pregnancy for food to taste "off?" The only thing that sounded good for dinner tonight was rotisserie chicken and stouffer's mac n' cheese. Not the healthiest, I know, but not only did the chicken taste off, but the flavored seltzer water I had with it and the mac n' cheese (which is my favorite brand) also tasted off. And then my water started tasting off as well. So, I know it's not food and it has to be me. Anyone else ever experience that or am I just going crazy?

Reporting back....

It was a total success!! We saw and heard the heartbeat, little bub is measuring ahead - 8w+2 instead of 7w+6.

It was so surreal! As soon as I saw little bubba, the head and hands and feet, I got all emotional.. and when the sound of the heartbeat came on, I couldn't hold back my tears!

View attachment 1079184

When we got home all I wanted to do is tell my mom (who had no clue I was even pregnant till now) so I facetimed her and after chitchatting for a good while, I told her I wanted to show her a video... I then showed her the video my boyfriend recorded of the ultrasound screen with the heart beating away! Her reaction was priceless, she was SO beside herself with joy and cried. Luckily recorded it all via a screenrecorder, so I have it for memories.

To say I'm relieved is an understatement!
Such good news and what an amazing experience! Congratulations!!

@co_fostermom yes I’ve been experiencing that with food tasting off. And things smelling super bad like my DH’s breath (The day before my bfp I thought he didn’t brush his teeth properly but then at work everyone else who came close to me seemed to have that problem lol - in the meantime it’s just me!)

Thanks girls :cloud9:

@co_fostermom - I still have that with food tasting off. It even happened several times that food, at some point during eating it, started tasting disgustingly bitter all of a sudden. I know it couldn't have been the food, because my bf ate the same thing and didn't perceive the food to taste bitter. And food aversions!!

I think it's OK to not eat 100% healthy in the first 12 weeks, especially when it's just not possible because most healthy things are just a turn-off right now. As long as you still get some fruits in here and there (craving them atm) and take your vitamins, all should be fine!

Sorry about the toilet situation - we only have 2 toilets for our entire floor and they're always busy so I totally understand the panic of "what if I have to throw up at work" :( (hasn't happened so far luckily)

I saw someone recommend these vomit bags on amazon! Could be a solution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->