1 day course - what to do?

helent1983

Reaction score
I am going on a 1 day course in February and my LO will be 8 months old. I currently exclusively breastfeed but am going to start weaning in the next 2 weeks. I asked my HV what to do regarding LO having milk while my mum has him for the day (9 - 5) and she said that Archie should be on 3 meals a day by then and will be ok to go without booby during this time as it is only once so long as I feed him before I go and when I get back.

Would you girls agree with my HV? I am concerned that Archie will need some milk? What would you all do?

Thanks ladies

xxx

I would have a store of EBM built up by then. I suppose it depends on how you intend to wean whether or not he will be able to go that long without milk. But most babies are still having lots of milk at that point. Milk should be their main source of food for the first year. I don't anticipate my LO being able to go 8 hours without milk until at least a year old.

You can always make sure he has a 'sloppy' lunnh of porridge or rice etc made up with EBM, and offer a bottle or cup of EBM too - if he doesn't take it, one day without it with a sloppy lunch won't kill him.

I would say some milk would be good in the day, but if he is weaned on to 3 meals a day, surely there would still be a morning and afternoon milk "snack" along with that? You could start trying a sippy cup or something similar after you start weaning. Failing that mik can be fed off a spoon (or even by syringe which is how we get fluids into Abby at the mo!!)

I'd agree that a sloppy meal of rice or porridge with EBM will still get the milk into him.

I've recently left Aisling for the day and she's exclusively bfed. I left MIL with some EBM which Aisling had out of her doidy and she then had a big feed from me when I saw her at 5pm :hugs:

I've recently left Aisling for the day and she's exclusively bfed. I left MIL with some EBM which Aisling had out of her doidy and she then had a big feed from me when I saw her at 5pm :hugs:

I was looking at these, are they really helpful? How easily to they take to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->