1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Awww so sorry Lindsay. I hope you get answers today. Maybe they can give you something to help his refluxes. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Haha we updated at the same time! Glad you're getting some help with Miles spitting up. I bet he will start feeling better asap.

Thanks, Rach! I know it sounds crazy but he already seems better. I'm sure it's just in my head but I gave him a dose and then fed him and it was the first time a feeding hasn't ended in him screaming in a few days!! Fingers crossed this keeps up!!!!

Hi girls! Sorry I have been MIA, it's been a crazy couple of days.

Lindsay - glad you got to th doctor and I hope Miles is on his way to feeling better! I can't imagine getting 1 hour intervals of sleep, you must be exhausted! Can you pump or express some so that Kirk can do a bottle feed or 2 and you can get some rest?

Rach - what kind of formula did you switch to? Are you putting rice cereal in his bottle? Is this your last weekend before you go back to work? I can't remember.

I go back to work on Saturday.... Yuck. I put in for reservations and could have the job but there's one day that would interfere a lot with my schedule with rowan. A 5 hr gap. So I had to turn it down. Which totally sucks. Thinking about doing online classes for as medical transcriptionist. I know the money isn't the greatest thing in the world, but it would allow me to be a SAHM and work as well. I also think I may enjoy it. We will see where things take me. I already been crying at the thought of leaving rowan. Sucks.

Lindsay I hope Miles is still doing good for you. Poor baby. He just loves his mommas milk and gets so excited he gulps too much air lol. I'm glad bf is going good for you. I'm literally down to a couple oz a day. I won't stop until I completely dry up. Idk if there's any way to get things going again. I just became frustrated and slacked the last couple days. Now I feel guilty.

Hi!

Jess - yea, I've been trying to pump lately. I've been finding it hard to find time to pump lately, plus I know I'm still making a bit too much so I'm a little scared to make way too much. But, I've been pumping and Kirk has been taking a feeding before he heads to work in the morning but Miles still isn't taking the bottle very well so it doesn't always work. Over the weekends, Kirk takes two feedings and that definitely helps. Thankfully, the every hour thing has only been a recent thing but it's been a good 4-5 nights like that. Definitely looking forward to this medicine kicking in!! He was much better last night but he's been a little more fussy than usual today. I almost think it's because I've been trying to snuggle him all day when he's used to being put down so I can tend to Oakley. He's content in his swing right now, coo'ing at me - so cute!
How's your milk production going?? How long do you plan to BF?

Rach - sorry you have to head back to work :( I had a pang of anxiety today thinking about dropping both Miles and Oakley off at daycare. Ugh, it's just awful until you get used to it. It took me a couple months before I felt comfortable with leaving Oakley and even now I still feel guilty sometimes but I know it's best for both of us. He learns so much there and I get to continue my career/have adult time!

Sam - how are you doing??? How's BFing going for you??

How's everyone else doing???

How's everyone doing???

We're doing well over here - baby Miles had his first 6hr sleep stretch the night after he started his medicine! We've had consistent 4hr sleep stretches since then at night which is fine too! His spitting up has reduced significantly, but he still has a fussy period at night from around 7 until we can get him to go to sleep between 9 and 10. He's growing like a weed and was already 9lbs 9 ounces last week. He has his one month appointment next week - I'm so curious to see how much he'll weigh then!
Breastfeeding is still going really well, I'm relieved I haven't had the mastitis issues again like last time. I do feel a bit trapped sometimes since Miles isn't exactly taking a bottle very well - do any of you have tips on how to get him to take the bottle? I'm thinking of trying to pump and do a bottle a day to get him used to it but it just seems like whenever I give him the bottle he eats so much less than he would directly breastfeeding. I guess that would get better if I kept trying every day. He takes the bottle at night for Kirk but like I said - only an ounce or two and I pump out anywhere between 2-4 ounces per boob - so I would assume he's getting more than an ounce or two from each feeding, but I don't really know.

Hope you're all doing well!!

Hi girls! Sorry it's been a while. I tired to post a couple times this past weekend and lost the post! Ugh! How is everyone doing?

Lindsay - glad Miles is doing better! How is he now with the bottle? I shake Isabela's bottle before I give it to her and now when she hears the shaking she knows a bottle is coming and calms down instantly. I wonder if doing something similar will help Miles too getting him used to thbe bottle. Regarding how long I'll BF for... I'd like to do it until she's about 1 but now that she's getting teeth we'll see. I may at least try to pump.

Rach - how is it being back at work. It's hard to be away from them but it does make your time together even better! He is a cutie! So happy for you! Are you still BF? Do they have some place you can pump at work?

Trying to split up my post... :winkwink:

Chris and I took a few days off and had a nice long weekend. We spent a couple days on the boat and did so stuff around the house on the others, it was nice. Isabela lost one of her earrings the other day.. I had it out about 3 days looking for the back and the hole closed up so now we are heading back to the doctors office today to have it re-pierced! Ugh!!! :cry:

Hey Jess!

Miles is doing better - his reflux is still bothering him a bit but the doctor wants to keep his meds the same for another month and then if he's still having issues then they'll switch his meds. But, he's definitely better - no more spit up in the nose, thankfully!! He's taking the bottle better but not perfect, but I also haven't been great about offering it to him very often. I gave him a bottle today and he took it pretty well. I'm thinking about giving him his medicine in pumped milk every day, so that would be two bottles a day - but that's just a lot more work for me with pumping. I worry about doing that because when I go back to work, I don't want him having a bottle morning and night as well as at daycare. I'm not planning on having him go to daycare until January though, so maybe I'll get it sort out before then. Or maybe I can put the meds in his first bottle at daycare when he does go back. We'll see! I have time!

Do you guys have you boat on that lift all the time? or you've taken it out of the water for the season?? My brother just spent a few days in Ft. Lauderdale - I was so jealous of his pictures - it's gotten pretty cold here with a major drop on it's way the next few days :(

I'm worried about teeth and breastfeeding too! I'll see how it goes but I'd like to BF for a year as well since Miles will be in daycare, it'd be nice to keep giving him my antibodies. Oakley has had THREE colds since Miles has come home - he's been sick constantly and Miles hasn't shown one sign of a cold *Knock on Wood!* so now I really do believe BFing does protect them! Even Kirk caught one of the colds and I caught the most recent one. Poor Oakley though! He's gotten so sick since he's been in daycare - hoping Miles will get exposed a lot while I'm still BFing and that will stick with him later after I stop.

Miles had his one month appointment yesterday - he's at 10lbs 2.5oz (48%), 22.5 inches long (83%) and at 61% for head circumference. He had a belly button ganglion that they treated a couple weeks ago that looks good now. They had to do something to his...umm precious area that didn't look too comfortable but he's recovering from that now too. Poor little guy has had it a little rough with minor things but is overall very happy and healthy!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Kels - if you're checking in, I'm stalking your chart and have everything crossed for you!!

Hi ladies,

Jess -poor you and Isabela having to get her ear pierced again, hope it doesn't hurt too much. You photos of her always so good, she is such a smiler.

Rach - hope work isn't too bad and things are working out between the two of you for childcare. Rowan is such a handsome fella, you must be loving mummyhood.

Linds - Glad Miles is settling down now with the medication. Oliver was the same and it was so tiring having to keep him upright after every feed and to deal with all the sick. I eventually got gaviscon for him and it helped but he now seems so much better without it. How is O taking to being a big brother? Has your supply settled down now?

Kels - Keeping everything crossed for you this month, your chart is looking fab!! How is Khloe getting on?

afm - bf going well. He is still feeding every 2 hours during the day and sometime more often as I try to get him to nap. I don't want to keep feeding him to sleep for naps but its the only way I can get him to sleep atm and even then he only lasts about 15 minutes!! Still sleeping really well at night so can't complain about that. I have been referred to the hospital for Oliver squint which is still persistent as I am slightly concerned about his vision. Benjamins speech has been coming on great and its fab to be able to 'converse' and understand him better.

Hi linds I had the page open for so long typing my post I missed your last one. Miles is doing great weight wise! I wish I could say the dame about bf and colds. Poor Oliver had a cold from B at 10 days old and then has had a cough on and off for 2 weeks!!

I think B's last bout of impetigo really was HFM (like my nursery lady thought it was) as his nails have become quite flakey and ridged but it does seem to be growing out now. I would never have thought that till Kels mentioned it.

hey Sam!
Poor Oliver with the colds!! ugh! That's awful!! I will keep my fingers crossed that Miles continues to resist the colds but hopefully when he does catch one it won't be too bad. Have you found his colds are at least shorter than B's?
My supply is definitely getting better slowly. Miles still struggles when we go long stretches at night - we're consistently getting 5-6hr stretches at night now, which is great, but he definitely struggles with my boobs that full. Thankfully they're not leaking as badly and don't hurt when I go that long anymore but I literally spray him in the face if he comes off the boob, which he almost always does because it's a lot of milk fast but I'm sure that's normal and will sort itself out.
I've heard the reflux can sort itself out over time and they'll need the meds less and less - hope that's the case for Miles and for Oliver too! Did B struggle with reflux too? Keeping them upright for 30 minutes after a feed is impossible for me especially since it could be up to an hour after a feed for Miles that he would spit up.
HFM is awful - I think Oakley has a tiny bit of impetigo right now on his leg - hoping it won't spread.
Do you have the boys in daycare at all? When do you go back to work??

Oh and I don't know how you avoid the feeding to sleep thing - I don't remember how we got away from that with Oakley and I guess Miles is so young he just sleeps all the time anyway but it's a tough one!

I kept B in nursery a couple of days a week to keep him in the routine and so I could have some one on one with Oliver. I don't got back to work till April (9 months off) but I am thinking I might extend that to a full year, saying that after the day I've had maybe not!!. I think O slept for 2 x 20 minutes all day today. I could cope with the lack of naps if he wasn't to grumpy and crying with it. He clearly need the sleep but just won't. Even the feed to sleep thing only last a little while and if my nipple stays in his mouth!!

I was on my own again putting them both to bed and it was a nightmare, who do you go to first when they are both crying their eyes out. B has been teething again so waking up during the night, finger crossed he misses this night out as OH away atm.

Hope O impetigo doesn't spread. Is he on antibiotics for it? They always gave B some for it. Yay for the longer sleep stretches, long may it continue. I think it can take about 6-8 weeks for the supply to fully regulate. I had to express a bit off before feeding during the night as O struggled to latch on to my rock hard melon like boobs!

The rash is still really small, so I haven't taken him to the doctor yet, just hoping it doesn't actually break out.
Good you keep B in daycare a bit - I do the same with Oakley. I'm so jealous you get off until April! I'll probably be back in January :( Started applying to jobs yesterday - so hopefully I can go right from school into a job...we'll see! I know what you mean about both crying and not knowing who to go to. I usually go get Miles and then bring him into Oakley's room - calm Oakley down and then work on Miles again. That only works because Oakley could care less if Miles is crying but I could imagine some kids might not deal with that very well.
Miles actually put himself down to sleep last night for the first time, I was shocked - doubt it will happen again but I put him down asleep and he woke right up but we still left him in there and he was up for close to 30 min just talking to himself and then went to sleep!! Totally shocked!!
My boobs have definitely gotten softer over night and I'm not leaking all over the place by morning - I'm used to producing too much that I was a little worried this morning when I didn't pump as much as usual but I wasn't in pain so I suppose it's good! It seems my right boob produces a lot less than my left...kind of weird!

Kels - your chart is looking good!! FX!

Ugg, girls I need some advise....So I totally thought I was out because of my temps and I had spotting, mostly brown but at one point it was bright red and enough that I almost put a tampon in but then it stopped. I assumed AF was coming, so I told my Dr. no more clomid, I wanted an HSG which we have scheduled for Tuesday. Then all of a sudden today my temp goes up, so I test and it's BFP, but not as dark as I think it should be for 14 DPO (although I'm assuming I implanted on 12 dpo when my temp dropped). I know 12 dpo is late and not usually a good thing....
Anyway, this morning I had no spotting, but then now i went to the bathroom and it's bright red and looks like AF. I'm assuming I'm out this month (which if I'm going to miscarry, if my body can actually do it on it's own I'd prefer then medicated again).
My progesterone was 49 this month....which is super high for me. Today I'm going for bloods and follow up on friday. I guess I'll know by then what my numbers are doing...
Sam I think you had spotting with your pregnancies, was it just spotting and pretty light?

:/ aw, Kels this isn't the news I was hoping for! I know some spotting can be normal - and didn't you have spotting with your Khloe pregnancy? That's a great progesterone level!! What's HSG?

The prog was from my 7 dpo test. I'll go on my lunch to get my hcg tested and she said she'd call tonight. Back to just light spotting....will try and include picture of test.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member