1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Hcg was only 22......spotting has stopped again....
What was everybody else's at 14 dpo??

I don't remember exactly at 14DPO but my first blood draw for Oakley was only 25. I think that was 12DPO and the nurse made it sound like I was out but within two days I was at 100 - I'm betting you're just having implantation bleeding!! I hope they can call you back with your results on Friday so you don't have to wait all weekend! Are you going to test again tomorrow?

She did say they'd call right away on Friday with my results. I have a horrible headache and I'm horribly nauseous-I didn't have this with Khloe! I did test again today and line is darker. Will try and attach.
I really do think I first implanted at 12 dpo when my temp dropped an that's why my hcg is low, but I also know it's not good to implant that late.

Yesterday's and today's test

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 5
yay! that's much darker today!! I don't think implanting at 12DPO is bad - is it?? It's probably on the later side but I wouldn't think it's too late. I think that baby is just burrowing in good for the next 9 months! I had headaches right off the start with both Oakley and Miles! That's a great sign! I'll keep everything crossed for you that your numbers come back good tomorrow - will they give you an early scan?

They said they would do hcg tests until they think they're high enough to do an u/s. I just hate early u/s's because they usually leave me with more questions. Although this time with the spotting, I think I would want an early u/s just to see if there's anything they can tell that would explain the bleeding, besides miscarriage.
How is O's rash? And Miles reflux? My bf's sister just had a baby, and they've tried all diff. formulas and soy because she's always uncomfortable and grunts and pushes and turns bright red and is really fussy. Is that how Miles was?
Khloe always nursed to sleep and no matter what I tried to try and keep her awake, it didn't work. She's been sleeping in her toddler bed now about a month and doing good! She does have an occasional wake up at night, but only a couple times a month. whew, that was a long time we struggled with her sleeping!
How is everybody else? Rach how is work going? I feel bad for you that you had to go back so soon, must be really hard for you :(

Yea - I think I would go for the early ultrasound in this case - I don't always like them either but it might explain some things for you. They'll know based on your hcg results when you'll be able to see something. What time are you going tomorrow for your bloodwork?

Miles big problem was he was spitting up and having the spit up come out of his nose so he was constantly stuffy and couldn't breathe. He would spit up probably once an hour and every time couldn't breathe and would then cry. In between he was fine but now he's getting back to spitting up more frequently and will fuss when he does, but I'm just thankful it's not coming out his nose anymore. When I told the doctor he was still gulping and uncomfortable from spitting up, they said that it's just colic, so hopefully he'll outgrow it soon.

Oakley's doing good - still has a dry rash patch but it seems to be stable so I'm just ignoring it. The bigger problem with Oakley is an awful cold he's had for almost three weeks now. He's sleeping worse than Miles at this point! So much coughing! It's just awful. He seems a bit better today.

Glad Khloe has sorted out sleeping! We struggled with Oakley around that age with sleeping too, I think they just go through phases we have to put up with. You think once you get past the infant non-sleeping stage that it will be easier at night, but that doesn't seem to be the case!!

I tried to post last night but it just wouldn't let me post? Grrr

Kels - we don't get hcg tested here so can't help you there but those lines are great and you can definitely see the progression. FX'd for the results on Friday. I did bleed/spotting red on/off with Olivers pg from just over 4 weeks till 7 weeks, worse when I had been active. I am really keeping everything tightly crossed for you. Glad Khloes sleeping has improved, makes a huge difference.

Linds - glad O's rash isn't too bad but sorry to hear his cold has been going on for so long, hope he feels better soon so you all can get some sleep. I don't think B has gone longer than 3 weeks without having a cough/cold/snotty nose.

afm - struggling a bit atm. O just won't nap properly during the day and if he does its 15 minutes max, usually on me or with my boob in his mouth. I wouldn't mind the lack of naps if he was happy with it but he is not and gets very tired and grumpy. I think he is coming u for the horrible 4 month sleep regression and feeding frenzy. If it gets as bad as it was with B I might have to think of FF. B has been having so right strops and has started hitting out again (mainly me and Oliver) I think that is partly due to having the cold/cough and teething but I am finding it hard to keep patient. Sorry for the moany post.

Aww poor Miles with the spitting up and poor Oakley with the cold! Did Oakley spit up like that? Do you give miles a bottle yet? Does he spit up like that whether he takes a bottle or nurses from you? Hey when will you hear about the job applications you've been putting in?
Omg Sam, I can't imagine having to deal when you have 2 kids and 1 won't nap! I really feel for you, you must be EXHAUSTED! and then with B being sick with a cold, that doesn't help. I don't blame you for losing patience, I think you're handling it better than most.
AFM---saw my progesterone number online today at 3 am. A TEN. A fricken TEN. I'm so disgusted, because my 7DPO progesterone was 47, so I didn't even think I had to worry about the progesterone now. They almost refused to test it because they said with it being so high at 7DPO they do not have to worry about it. now today at noon I'm supposed to go for my follow up hcg test, and I left a message with the nurse insisting I also get my progesterone re-tested. Although I know that 10 is probably too low and I know the end result, if it's even lower, then at least I'll feel like I have a concrete answer. I'm having a hard time with this...and on top of it I'm feeling headachy and yucky every morning. Which makes me more bitter because I feel like I'm feeling like crap for no good reason....Sorry for my depressed rant, just a shitty day/week for me.

Kels - Don't get too down yet - wasn't your progesterone low with Khloe?? Any more spotting? Did you do progesterone supplements? I forget if your doctor is the one that doesn't believe in it or not. What's progesterone supposed to be during pregnancy? I just googled it:

"If you are pregnant, progesterone levels are usually at least 10-12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome and most doctors like to see progesterone levels around 16-18 ng/ml or more though there are many successful pregnancies with lower levels."

I think you're ok! The clomid may have made it shoot up and now it's just where it naturally would be?

Oakley NEVER spit up - I can count on my one hand the amount of times he spit up and we could practically throw him around and he was totally fine. So, it's been an adjustment with Miles! I ALWAYS have spit up on my shoulder now.
I've been really bad about trying to get Miles to take a bottle and it's definitely biting me in the butt - he really doesn't like it. He does take it from other people sometimes, so I have hope for when I go back to work. My dad has agreed to watch Miles until I graduate since daycare is close to $1400 a month for Miles *sigh*. I don't make much as a graduate student so between Miles and Oakley we would be spending around $2250 a month in daycare and that just seems like too much while I'm still a graduate student and my dad has so nicely offered to help until I get a job.
I've been applying like crazy all over the place and I have a friend that put a good word in for me in a lab that she collaborates with and I have a good feeling about that! Hoping I will hear from her soon. It would be perfect! The other jobs I think will take a while to get back to me because most are government jobs or through the government and we all know how fast the government works!!

Sam - I totally feel you with being exhausted and overwhelmed! Yesterday was a rough day for me - Neither Oakley or Miles would nap yesterday!!! I think the days Miles is rough are the days that Oakley is bouncing off the walls. I feel like I need to get a nap schedule down for Miles in his crib instead of in his swing (around me and Oakley). It's just so hard to do that because I'm typically downstairs and his room is upstairs and running up and down with Oakley downstairs is just tough. Last night I was so exhausted that I just put Miles in his crib at 8 and let him fuss until he'd cry, then I'd go breastfeed him and put him right back in his crib and he eventually went to sleep at 930 - which was REALLY nice haha. Lately he hasn't been going down until 11 and it's been getting draining.

Anyway - I'll stop complaining!! Thinking of you today, Kels!!

Kelsey Congrats!!!! Those lines are beautiful. I really think you should get on progesterone suppositories ASAP. I think it would help tremendously. Mine was only like 14 when I was 8w and got on the suppository. My Dr said through out the day those levels fluctuate and you never know if that 14 I had was my low or high. He didn't want to chance it so put me on the suppository. All it can do is help. I am sending tons of hugs and love your way.

Lindsay I can't get over how much your boys looks alike! Could almost swear they're twins! How is bf going? When do you go back to work? Poor Oakley. I hope he starts feeling better soon

Jess I haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope everything is great. How did it go getting isabelas ear repierced? Did she do good?

Sam I hope things get better with Oliver. I can only imagine the frustration it brings because it doesn't allow you to getanything done or leave any time for yyourself. I think that is what I struggle with most. The fact I need to get things done but I can't. When I can, I'm too tired by then.

AFM things are going good. Hate being away from my baby, but happy i am just part time. He is growing so quick! I think Rowan weighs more than my turkey! Lol. He's a big boy. He's been a bit constipated lately from the rice cereal. His pediatrician said for me to give him a little prune juice. I did for the first time yesterday and he sucked it down so quick lol. He's so funny and cute. I haven't breastfed in 3 weeks. I wasn't producing enough so I just stopped. Which of course I regret and I've been crying since he's been born about it all. Between being a failure and not being able to support my baby with healthy milk. How long did it take you girls to get your period? I know bfing can take up to 6 months without one. I was just curious. I still haven't had one. I worry about being pregnant again bcz of it. I been having dreams I am, but I think it's from anxiety. We do the pull out method which I know isn't good. Which is why I worry. We've been doing that since I was 3.5 weeks post pregnant.

Just a quick Will write more later. I got af back at 3 months and I was exclusive bfing for both babies. In middle of second af just now.

Don't beat yourself up about stopping by it was the hardest thing ever especially as ftm. You did great and will still thrive with formula as its your love that's most important.

Thanks girls for all the support! Dr called herself this afternoon to tell me my HCG went up to 71 (up from 22). She said she was hoping for a 60 so was happy with it. I asked about the progesterone and she said if it goes much lower then we probably know it's not a viable pregnancy. I should know my progesterone by Sunday morning. Felt headachy and crappy all day until early afternoon and then just like that felt better. No red today at all, just tan cm.
Lindsay that's nuts for daycare! When Khloe was full time it was $715 a month and I thought that was a lot! Thank god for your dad! Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for your job. Are you completely done with school in May??
Rach Rowan is perfect-don't cry about a thing. I honestly sometimes wonder if it would have been better for me if I had stopped bfing. Nursing honestly took the joy out of Khloe's first 6-8 weeks because I was so stressed and overwhelmed with it.

Kels - that's a great increase! Do you go for more bloods next week or will they schedule a scan for you? Glad the bleeding has let up!

Rach - Don't beat yourself up about breastfeeding. I 'gave up' around 7 weeks with Oakley because it was just too much for me. I cried and cried and cried when I had to give it up - it's a very emotional thing especially for FTMs. We do our very best and they do just as well on formula! Sorry you had to go back to work but at least you can just work part time! That must be a bit better, ugh still sucks though. I'm dreading going back!!
Do you plan to go back on birth control? I have friends that used the pull-out method for years and never got pregnant haha but I know it's not a great idea.

Sam - you got AF back at 3 months?! Do you use birth control? They just put me on the mini-pill and said it could help keep AF from coming back even more when combined with breastfeeding but they said if I stop breastfeeding then I need a different birth control because it won't be effective anymore - kinda nerve wracking! haha

AFM - breastfeeding is going really well. I just feel like I'm feeding Miles ALL the time but I think we're in our 6 week growth spurt. He takes really long naps and sleeps well at night most of the time so I can't complain too much but this week he's been feeding practically every hour on the hour, it's crazy!! The last few days he hasn't really been napping much either - might be because I've been drinking more caffeine to keep myself going - Kirk is working sun up to sun down even weekends so I need a little pick me up!

My Friday progesterone number was 20.76!!!! I was expecting to see <10. I went for a walk yesterday an when I got back had some more red spotting....ugg. Went away though right away and back to tan/brown.
I didn't like when Khloe would feed every hour like that because I always questioned if she was getting enough milk from me. I always wanted to know exactly how many ounces she was getting. Lindsay I forget, do you think you guys are done or do you want more?
Oh and Rach I forgot to comment before-have you tested at all?? Wouldn't it be something if you tried for years and then 2nd time got pregnant without even trying??
Sam, what did they tell you was the reason for the spotting?

Oh and Lindsay they never did any blood tests with Khloe so I don't know what my numbers were with her. And I think if I miscarried again my dr would maybe let me do supplements if I pushed, but I also planned to just go to a vitamin store and seeing if I can find some natural progesterone.

Sorry never got chance to come back on and do a bigger post after my last little one.

Kels - yay for great progesterone results. When does that mean you'll get a scan? I never got any reason for my spotting, just that it can happen sometimes. It did get worse after increased activity so maybe your walk made thing a bit worse. FX'd this is a sticky and you won't need to look for supplements. How are Khloes nails after her HFM? B's nails are quite flakey and often peel so was wondering when that might get better.

Linds - I remember O was feeding at least hourly if not even less especially at the 6 week growth spurt and almost constantly on the boob for a couple of hours every evening. Even now he can feed every 1.5 hours some days! Hopefully things will settle soon and his feeding will space out a bit more. Never used any birth control, they pushed me to have merina coil but wasn't keen after hearing too many bad stories. OH is going to get the snip this time.

Rach - have you tested? Like I said I got AF back at 3 months so it is very possible to get pg. I think Mel was pg with her second after 4 months? Glad you can be part time so get to spend time with Rowan. Don't feel too bad about bfing, its so hard even the second time around and there are times I think about swapping to FF. You haven't failed whatsoever.

Jess - hope you are all well. 8 months old already wow.

afm - dad and step mum coming up next Sunday for B's 2nd birthday (which will be a week on Tuesday). Can't believe he will be 2 so soon!! Oliver's naps still really bad and I am struggling with him being so unsettled, crying lots and being unable to calm him . I don't feel I can complain though as he does sleep really well at night.

Linds - saw on FB both O and Kirk not well. Hope his ear infection settles soon and both you and Miles stay clear of the bugs.

Kels - Try to take it easy! That's a great progesterone number!! The other was probably a fluke! Do you go for more bloodwork today? How are you feeling??
We're not planning on having any more - especially with the price of daycare around here. I would have to stay home if we had three and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that. If we got pregnant, I would be thrilled and we would figure it out but I don't think we'll try again.

Sam - I hear ya with feeding so frequently! The only way I can get Miles to go to sleep, especially during the day, is to feed him. So, if Oakley wakes him up, I have to feed him to get him to calm down again. He fusses quite a bit when he's awake, I think his reflux is still not completely under control but it could also be the growth spurt. I also don't think I can complain because he does sleep well at night too. He slept probably 22 out of the 24 hours of yesterday so I think all that eating the week before caught up with him and he was resting it off. He seems a bit better today but of course I'm down to a dose or two of his reflux meds - hoping the doc will call in a new Rx for him soon.

Rach, Jess, Mar - hi ladies! hope you're doing well!

AFM - Took Oakley to the doctor today and he has pneumonia and an ear infection :( He already got 3 doses of antibiotics in him and the fever has already passed and the cough seems a bit better (not much) but we'll be going back next week to get him rechecked. Kirk is also really really sick so I'm hoping Miles and I will not get anything! I feel a bit guilty waiting so long to take Oakley to the doctor but he just started running a fever this weekend, so I knew they wouldn't give me antibiotics until he got to this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->