1 or 1 embryos?

S

sugarlove

I'm starting IVF soon, and I was just wondering how many embryos people had transferred?
I'm 35, so I presume I can have 2 if I want, but I worry about the higher mc rate with twins.

Hi Sugar. Well, it's a hard personal choice. My husband and I struggled with 1 vs 2 for weeks before we finally decided to have 2 put back (just on Monday). My mom had some good advice, she just said I needed to weigh if I would be more upset to put two in and have twins, or to find out after putting one in, that it didn't work. I don't know your situation, but with my husband and I, the only way we will ever have children is through IVF w/ ICSI. That being said, I definitely want more than one child, so if we can have twins this first time around, I will feel so blessed. I test on Wednesday to see if it worked, so I can't tell you how it turns out yet. Good luck with your cycle, and with your decision.

thanks for the advice. Really hope it works for you! :thumbup:

Hi Sugar. Well, it's a hard personal choice. My husband and I struggled with 1 vs 2 for weeks before we finally decided to have 2 put back (just on Monday). My mom had some good advice, she just said I needed to weigh if I would be more upset to put two in and have twins, or to find out after putting one in, that it didn't work. I don't know your situation, but with my husband and I, the only way we will ever have children is through IVF w/ ICSI. That being said, I definitely want more than one child, so if we can have twins this first time around, I will feel so blessed. I test on Wednesday to see if it worked, so I can't tell you how it turns out yet. Good luck with your cycle, and with your decision.

I totally agree with your logic and we will be having 2 put back for sure:winkwink: Best of luck for wed! xxxx

I wasn't sure either but in the end I only had one embryo, so that's how the choice was made. It was a bfn. Next time, hopefully soon, when we do IVF I hope to put two back if I have that option.

Alot of girls on here have had put two back but they end up with a single pregnancy but there are others with twinnies too.... up to you though.

TWO !

Defo have two :wohoo:
I can't imagine how devastating a failed round of IVF must be.
I was extremely lucky and fell pregnant with twins - from two embryos.
OK - they're HARD work but its heaven to know that TTC is behind us.

Good Luck xxx

It is a really difficult choice, I struggled with deciding 1 or 2!!! In the end we went for one 8-cell embryo on day 3, & were very lucky that it worked.

I am glad now that we didn't have 2; I know that a lot of people have twins without any problems, but I know a few people that have had very premature twins & twins/triplets that have died cause they were born too soon, & I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Saying that, the choice depends on the quality of the embryos that you get, & your age too. I don't think its something you can decide until you have the egg collection & see how many fertilise.

Lots of luck & hope it works for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->