15DPO - I'm back! And I have good news!

So here we go again....! I was sure I wasn't going to have to go through the whole 'have I ovulated...have I not ovulated?' anxiety this cycle :wacko:

My temp has gone back up to above the coverline (or where the coverline was last cycle anyway) after a huge dip. My CM has dried up totally. But the nearest I got to a +opk was a very faint line on cd12.

The worst thing is we didn't :sex: last night :( I had a feeling OH would say no after a 12 hour shift....so I'm left with the 'did we do enough?' dilemma as well! We BD'd cd8, cd10 & cd14, which only really leaves me with one session in the fertile window if I ov'd yesterday.

Actually I really hope O day is today....it's OH's day off and I've got a plan :muaha:

Remember, sperm can stay alive for up to 5 days, so that would include the previous session, won't it? There's always a possibility, and if you do it again today like Britt said you might still catch that egg (if you haven't already) and it's still possible that you haven't ov yet... I know, that didn't help a lot, I wish it could all just b a bit more clear. Goodluck Katie, I'm rooting for you!

Thanks hope4bump :hugs: Of course, there is the possibility I'm nowhere near ov, and opks will work just fine....put that's just part of the whole 'ovulation anxiety' that I go through :wacko:

I'm still gonna POAS until FF confirms ov...but I stopped taking EPO today just in case.

I'm sure I'll be able to grab OH at some point today :)

FX for you katiekittykat. Im in sim situation this month. I thought I would have ov'd at cd 14 or 15 at latest. Had a faint 2nd line on opks cd9-12 and since then nothing. All quite frustrating as was timing good bding around usual ov dates and now I don't know. It was first go at trying soy iso (cd2-6) so I guess I screwed up with that. Babydust x

Maybe the dip was just a fluke, like my big dip on CD10

I browsed FF gallery, it's a quite common thing.

Maybe the dip was just a fluke....as both opks today have had faint lines again :wacko:

If I do another one before I go to bed am I officially going crazy?

well, i did 3 times in 1 night a couple of times, with two different brands.

So I'll say... NO. We are just...dedicated. :shy:

well, i did 3 times in 1 night a couple of times, with two different brands.

So I'll say... NO. We are just...dedicated. :shy:

This made me LOL. :)

Dedicated yes. Determined yes. Crazy no. But we may not be able to see the forest for the trees!! hehehe.

Well, I came to a decision last night. If I don't get my BFP this cycle (which I won't), then I'm going to stop TTC and become NTNP.

I'm tired of being humiliated, rejected and ignored by OH, as well as feeling worried, anxious and stressed about whether my body is working or not. Lets face it, the only way I'm going to get pregnant is if I get a visit from the Archangel Gabriel!

I always thought we were in a partnership where we split things 50/50, but I'm having to go through this whole thing alone and it's just getting too much. Who knows, if OH grows up then we might try again....but, if at the age of 29, he doesn't get it now, he probably never will.

I'll carry on as I have been for this cycle - temping, opks, vit B6 etc - to satisfy my own curiosity, but if you see a BFP announcement from me you'll know I've had a celestial visit.

Katie, I feel the same as you! I said to my dh the other day, it is rubbish that I have to ask to dtd! Why should I have to keep it sweet all the time just because I can't get pregnant on my own. I also said to him that when we decided that we want to get pregnant he was all for it, but I am the one who temp everyday, wake up in the middle of the night with a full bladder but try and sleep through it so I can have a proper urine sample in the morning! I'm the one that wait anxiously for an ilk line, and I am the one popping pills, lay with a pillow under my bum and my feet in the air after dtd, and the only thing he needs to do is make love!!!! Lol, anyway, he seems to get it (again) :) next cycle I am not going to use anything - I'm only going to test for fertility and bed the three days around it.... I find SMEP very difficult, only because I have long irregular cycles, and we started on cd9! Lol
Anyway, I wanted to say, I do think that this might be your month! You are well prepared And you do what is neccesary... Fx for you and LOTS of :dust:

Katie, I feel the same as you! I said to my dh the other day, it is rubbish that I have to ask to dtd! Why should I have to keep it sweet all the time just because I can't get pregnant on my own. I also said to him that when we decided that we want to get pregnant he was all for it, but I am the one who temp everyday, wake up in the middle of the night with a full bladder but try and sleep through it so I can have a proper urine sample in the morning! I'm the one that wait anxiously for an ilk line, and I am the one popping pills, lay with a pillow under my bum and my feet in the air after dtd, and the only thing he needs to do is make love!!!! Lol, anyway, he seems to get it (again) :) next cycle I am not going to use anything - I'm only going to test for fertility and bed the three days around it.... I find SMEP very difficult, only because I have long irregular cycles, and we started on cd9! Lol
Anyway, I wanted to say, I do think that this might be your month! You are well prepared And you do what is neccesary... Fx for you and LOTS of :dust:

I am in the same boat, and I thought I was alone! I feel like I am constantly worrying about it - I work out to lose some weight before TTC, I watch what I eat, take prenatal vitamins, noting my symptoms constantly, laying with my feet in the air, not to mention the weird and new body symptoms like odors and discharge (tmi) - eeek! I get worried that I will be taking care of everything with baby, too! What do we do? Add it up to men and the way they are programmed? That's what I have been doing, so that I don't get so visually frustrated with DH :dohh: Ah well! We are dedicated..

:hugs: I know I'm not alone in my OH refusing to get involved - it's just that I really don't want to do this on my own anymore. If only all I needed for a BFP was temping, OPKs and various pills...I'd be set! Sadly I only need one thing from OH to make it happen, and he refuses to give it, so I guess I'm out. :(

Awww sweetie, virtual :hugs: being sent to you. Who would have thought getting a bloke to :sex: would be so difficult.

Give your OH a kick up the bum & tell him to man up haha.. err don't do that really or he'll probably be worse after that, but it's nice to think about! :haha:

xx

Why do I torture myself? :wacko: Another negative OPK, but the darkest line I've had yet. Considered taking a photo and texting it to OH, but thought I would take the moral high ground instead....:angelnot:

You're not out til you're out Mandyloo! Fingers crossed that AF doesn't get you,but I'll be here to keep you company if she does!

Have you got a gameplan for next cycle Mandyloo?

KatieKitty Kat ~ I am sorry that I just saw this reply. i am still trying to get the hang of this site and I always feel like I lose track of my posts? is there an easy was to track this?

Anyway - cycle # 2 I have been watching my CM very closely and we have been trying to :sex: as much as possible. I thought we were going to bd every day this past week but for one reason or another we only made it every other day. I hope its enough. I want to continue through this weekend trying to bd as much as we can. I feel like we stopped too early last month.

How are you doing this month? feeling positive?

You're not out til you're out Mandyloo! Fingers crossed that AF doesn't get you,but I'll be here to keep you company if she does!

Have you got a gameplan for next cycle Mandyloo?

KatieKitty Kat ~ I am sorry that I just saw this reply. i am still trying to get the hang of this site and I always feel like I lose track of my posts? is there an easy was to track this?

Anyway - cycle # 2 I have been watching my CM very closely and we have been trying to :sex: as much as possible. I thought we were going to bd every day this past week but for one reason or another we only made it every other day. I hope its enough. I want to continue through this weekend trying to bd as much as we can. I feel like we stopped too early last month.

How are you doing this month? feeling positive?

If you go to your homepage you can find all your posts - I just tend to remember what I've been talking about, but I am on here a lot :rofl:

Sounds like you've got all your bases covered - every other day is absolutely fine! FX and lots of :dust: for your BFP xx

I'm not feeling great at the minute (read through the thread for today :( ) like a lot of other women I'm suffering from an unco-operative OH. But you never know, he might have had a personality transplant at some point today and things will be back on track. Otherwise I'm pretty much gonna throw in the TTC towel.

Ok thanks. I guess I need to explore my homepage a little bit more!

Aww so sorry I just read through your post. I really think that most of our partners/husbands/boyfriends are big babies. Everything has to be on their terms. which doesnt seem fair when we are doing all of the work! I really hope he comes around. If not maybe you can sit down and calmly explain how your feeling. I know its hard because no one wants to argue over something that is supposed to be made out of love :hugs:

I really hope that this is your month and you dont have to think about it anymore.... but if not than taking a break may give you some time to relax!

I'm kinda hoping that taking a break will spur him into action...but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure he thinks that babies are brought by the stork!

I've had this conversation with him countless times over the last 8 weeks (since we started TTC) and I'm disinclined to keep repeating myself. I worked it out - in 8 weeks we've only BD'd 8 times. Not gonna make many babies with those sort of stats!

Hi Katie, I'm so sorry you're going through this with your DH. I'm not sure of his personality but the only approach that got mine more on board was showing him some research from the Mayo Clinic on fertility (both female and male). Plus telling him how much it hurts for me to feel like I'm putting so much effort, for nothing it seems. He's seen how bad I feel when I get :bfn: and I think he's hurt, too. But, my DH is 37 so a bit more mature than your DH (maybe...jury's still out on that one sometimes!!!! :haha:)

I've just about given up too. Temps hovering around 97.0 for about 2 weeks now, no AF, no nothing. CD60. I had some tequila last night and will have some wine tonight... I'm going back to my regular habits until something changes. It's not worth the stress IMHO.

Phew! What a weekend! Been very busy with Christmas prep, family visits, shopping etc...in fact far too busy to stress about TTC so it's been a good weekend!

Still no further forward really - things are fine between me and OH (he apologised for being a d***head) and I still haven't had a positive OPK yet :nope: I've decided to wait until I get one before resuming SMEP - it's too hard and it's making us fight. Ultimately I don't want to fight about something that's supposed to be made from love.

Had a huge temp dip yesterday morning, but as I had to take it at 4am when the people across the road woke me up (and then woke the dogs up :growlmad:) I'm not reading anything into it. And last night I had a terrible nights sleep, so I'm trying to ignore that one as well :dohh: Maybe soy won't have done a thing, and I'll still ov on cd29.....as long as I ov and I get a +opk to warn me that it's coming I don't mind when it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->