18 and TTC

jaejory

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm Jory, I'm 18 and currently waiting/trying to conceive with my 23 old husband. We are trying to plan conception date to determine the horoscope sign of our child as they tend to be quite accurate in terms of personalities. I'm hesitant to have a baby at the same time as attending college, but the more we think about it the more we know this is what we want.

I was wonderen if there was anyone out there who attended college while pregnant, or as a young mother? Any advice or guidance? How to break the news to my parents? I understand becoming a mother is something hard to be prepared for at any age, and having a child while in school just contributes to the list of challenges of being a young mother, but I truly think this is what is right for us.

Anything is appreciated. I don't have many people I can talk to about this, as many of our friends are much less mature in the realm of relationships, I married young and am beyond happy with my decisions leading up to this point. I feel many of my older friends (middle aged) would discourage me from conceiving at such a young age, but I truly do intend on going to school and pursuing my career. I believe growing with my husband will be completed by bringing an addition to the family.

Am I crazy?

I did not have a child 'young.' My husband and I were both 28- almost 29- when our daughter was born. She is a happy and healthy 10 month old. She was also a total surprise so it was a shock at first but we wouldn't change it for the world. my husband and I have been together for 12 years, so we had a lot of time to get to know each other before starting a family. Having a child allows us to grow in a different way but our focus has been on raising our daughter.

I was in college getting my second degree while pregnant. It was challenging only because I was very sick. I was also a senior so I graduated a few weeks after she was born. Now as I am early in my career we found out we are pregnant with number two and due in November 2016.

Are you crazy for wanting to start a family young? No. If you and you're husband feel as if you're ready then they is the choice you both make. It will come with ups and downs as does most things. Just have to learn to go with the flow as parenthood,imo, changes daily!

May I ask what you are going to school for?

May I ask what you are going to school for?

I'm majoring in agribusiness specializing in farm management, then getting my masters in psychology. The plan is to become a therapist and practice hippotherapy (therapeutic horseback riding) with individuals with depression, anxiety, PTSD, autism, Down Syndrome, etc.

First of all, NO you are not crazy

I'm Taylor, I will be 20 on Easter Sunday and I just had my first baby with my 28 year old boyfriend. Like you, I am beyond happy with what I am doing and being a mom. I pretty much accelerated through those "wild years" and quickly realized that it did nothing for me except waste money and time and I was not happy doing it!

I met my boyfriend a year and a half ago, I know all this sounds nuts but we've never been more at peace and happy with our lives than we are now as a family. I was going to college wen I got my BFP but my morning sickness was so bad I stopped and didn't go back. I'm thinking about enrolling for spring or summer though, FX!

Pregnancy and parenthood are two of the hardest and most rewarding experiences, both OH and I agree. The dynamics of your relationship will change but if this id what you truly want and can keep a somewhat realistic idea of the demands, the adjustment will be less stressful. It's all about going with the flow. Babies, in the womb or out, don't understand "I have to be here so I can't be sick".
It comes down to relinquishing all control and structure in your life to give structure and guidance to your child.

To break the news to your parents, just tell them when you're ready! I waited until 10 weeks to break the news. It went well, better than I expected.

Cheers and GL on your TTC journey, feel free to PM me or talk to me on my journal (link is in my signature below) any time

:thumbup:

ETA: I like what you are going for educationally! Good luck to you and know that a lot of people do it successfully: you can too!

Hi. I had dd at 22 during my masters program. It was definitely hard but dh and i were ready. Now I'm due this month with #2 and feeling so excited. One thing I wish people would have told me before was that when you're really young u r growing and discovering ur self also so it's normal to adjust to being "the adult " and b able to take charge of the situation. Thankfully we had some family support (emotionally not financially) but did it mostly on our own. Looking back I do wish I had waited a Lil more because things with dh and I schooling did not go as planned but u never know the future and dd is the light if my life. Wouldn't trade her for a minute of partying or anything else!

I am currently 5 weeks 6 days and due in Dec, I am also currently a full time student. I am worried because I am due Dec 5th and my fall semester doesn't end until Dec 21st so I am wondering how I am going to do my final exams since the baby will only be a few weeks old when they come around and missing that much school so close to the end of the semester also scares me. I am going to talk to my advisors and see what I can work out. I know it will be difficult but also worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->