1st Birthday Party Help!

Laura1984

Ruby's Mummy
Reaction score
I don't have chance to post much anymore girls but I'm after some HELP!

My goodness, I cannot believe I am writing this thread... My BABY is going to be one in just over 7 weeks :cry:

We have decided to give Ruby an 'In the Night Garden' themed birthday party ie. Paper Plates, Banners, Cups, Cake etc

But my question is... Where do I hold it??

We are inviting 18 children incl Ruby ranging between 4 months and 8 (cousins and close friends) There will also be parents and 8 Older children (Teenagers - Cousins and Siblings). Now I can have this party in my house :wacko: and the kids can just 'play' or we can have the church hall for buttons but when they are there what do they do??? it is literally just a room!

Please help me and or give me some other idea's. I am willing to scrap this becuase we haven't bought anything as yet!

I hired our local Wacky Warehouse out for my LO's first birthday, i don't know if you have one near yourself, they normally have a baby area for up to 3 year olds and an older area for children 4 years and up. theres a height restriction of 4ft 10 (i think). i got the cheapest party package which included a meal for each child (choice of about 8 different meals), party bag for each child and an hours play, they also play a couple of games with the children and give out prizes. All i supplied was the cake and 4.99 for each child. i thought quite reasonable seen as tho i wouldn't have to entertain them or do the clearing up afterwards!

with that many kids to invite and all such different ages I think I'd go for something like Jules suggested. For Ally's birthday we just had 7 kids including LO and that was busy enough for our little house!

Fun for all down sealand road do the parties too!! Or if your garden is big enough what about a bouncy castle or hiring in one of those petting zoo's - where they bring a few small animals round? (My friend is doing one so could get you the number/prices etc if you wanted)

xx

Can you all go to a soft play area?

Or if not, hire the church hall, decorate it a abit and hire a ball pit and some inflatables.
Or you could go for the old school style games for the older ones like pass the parcel and musical chairs and for the really little ones just take a box of Rubys toys along with you.
xx

Id says oft play area (doing this for Caitlins 2nd) or whacky warehouse is a good idea!

If you did the room at the church how about buying/renting a childs bouncy castle (you can get baby ones also for button to buy) and have an area of toys < same as what they would do at your house really only you take some stuff there?

Mad woman :shock: Caitlins 1st was calm just 'us' and Megans will be the same :D

Thank girls! I'm going to speak to Jim and come back to you all :o)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->