#2 due in March 2016

bella is still nursing her DD, so she can help you with that.

i nursed my son for a year (he self-weaned), and it was not easy at first. i went to a lactation consultant who was amazing, and she turned things around for us. i almost gave up, but just needed a little help on holds and latches.

Yea I hear u guys about the birth situation. I didn't have a great experience last time either. Now they r saying they will monitor my fluid because it was low last time. So I kinda feel like doomed to b induced early agen altho it's too soon to tell. Not feeling too positive about it honestly!
The thing stressing me more is that I REALLY want to successfully nurse this time but feel doomed because of the possibility of early induction. Even if I'm not early it's just so difficult. Dd dint latch I felt frustrated and exhausted and didn't have anyone to help me and to feed her so I just gave up. Anyone nurse successfully last time and wanna offer some advice?

Hi busybee! I absolutely can help with nursing questions. My DD is 2.5 years old and still nursing (although she varies widely on how often she nurses... sometimes it's twice a day, sometimes she goes 3-4 days or so without nursing at all. Once she went almost a whole week! (But that's not really "normal").

Anyway, please don't feel doomed (although I know it's hard to tell someone how to feel!) Personally, I feel like attitude/how badly you want to nurse determines how it goes (to an extent - I know there are definitely exceptions, people who don't make milk, etc. - don't get me wrong). Personally, I felt like formula wasn't an option for me (and I had a lot of milk). I was in a lot of pain in the beginning, which I believe was due to a shallow latch as well as my nipples are SO SENSITIVE! (They always have been. I don't even like my DH touching them). So, it was just tough for me in the beginning. But, like I said, I didn't feel like formula was an option for me, DD was gaining weight as she should, and I just kept on trucking - with the help of a lactation consultant, and a breast pump. Yes, it was so bad, and I was so engorged when my milk came in, that I ended up exclusively pumping & bottle feeding my expressed milk for a short amount of time. But, I told myself that if I could just feed her on the breast once per day, I could handle that... then once became twice, became 3x, and before I knew it, we were completely breastfeeding!

Okay, looking back on that, I feel like it was a lot thrown at you. Here's my advice...
1. Don't give up (unless a doctor tells you that your baby isn't gaining weight/you're not producing milk).
2. Don't feed formula (because breastfeeding is a supply and demand process. If baby doesn't drink the milk there, because you're formula feeding, your body will think it doesn't need to make that milk.)
3. Get in touch with a lactation consultant ASAP - while you're still in the hospital. And find one for when you're out of the hospital.
4. Get numbers/dates/places/times for local breastfeeding support groups.
5. If you're on FB, join breastfeeding support groups on there. The ladies on there can be VERY helpful if you're in need of immediate answers. Really - someone is always awake somewhere in the world. It's great support.
6. Remember that if adoptive moms can induce lactation to feed their babies (yes, they can!) you absolutely can do this too!

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting at the moment, but that's a start. I wanted to get back to you! :flower:

Great advice Bella! I never had enough milk for my DS- possibly because he was prem so had to mix feed. It worked for us but hoping my milk supply is good this time around as I would like to exclusively BF.

Thank you, Ruby! Good luck to you - it's an amazing experience! I never thought I'd breastfeed my DD for so long (or possibly be facing tandem feeding!) No regrets though - she'll wean when she's ready <3

Thank you so much everybody! Part of the reason I also gave up last time is because the pediatrician was saying that dd wasn't gaining enuf weight so obviously that's an issue. Fast forward 3 years she still has eating issues so I wonder know of maybe something was going on then. ( we have since addressed them a lot with a gi and with meds it it's still a struggle ) so sometimes i feel like maybe that was why it was such such a problem but that this baby won't have those issues. I like the idea for the lactation consultant now to get dh on board and the support groups are a great idea also.

Def! My husband was a great support. In the hospital, my LC had taught him how to be the other half of my "sandwich" (to help squish my boob down so baby could latch) so he was holding my boob with one hand while I nursed my DD.

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well! I have developed a varicose vein in my leg which has been bothering me and unfortunately it's been so hot here in Australia which is not helping at all!

Not long until Christmas now and then we are heading away so I think the next month is going to fly!! X

So crazy how time is flying now!!! Sorry to hear about your varicose vein! I've heard those are so painful!

I saw, according to a chart posted in one of my "due in March" FB groups, that week 27 is the start of the third trimester & 7th month! 7 months pregnant??? That's so close to 9 months! Ahhhhh! :wohoo:

Anyone else feel like this pregnancy is flying by, especially compared to the first time around??

yes, definitely feeling like this pregnancy is going by too fast....especially as this will most likely be my last. so i'm a little grumpy that it's going by so fast! i want to enjoy this pregnancy, but i also want to cuddle my baby boy right now!!!

It is flying!! It's crazy! I guess when you are busy with a toddler you don't have the time to obsess about every single thing! I'm glad though, this pregnant is taking its toll on my body so will be happy when it's all over!

Hi ladies, how was everyone's Christmas? Ours was busy but lovely! Can't believe it's NYE tonight!! Time is flying!

I've been getting quite a few Braxton hicks, especially if I walk or stand for too long. Has anyone else been getting these? Scares me a bit even though I know it's not labour but never had them with Harry

Hi ladies, how was everyone's Christmas? Ours was busy but lovely! Can't believe it's NYE tonight!! Time is flying!

I've been getting quite a few Braxton hicks, especially if I walk or stand for too long. Has anyone else been getting these? Scares me a bit even though I know it's not labour but never had them with Harry

Hi Ruby! Christmas was wonderful, but busy! Just got off of vacation - back to work! Happy New Year!

I've been having Braxton Hicks since about 20 weeks in this pregnancy... maybe even earlier. And yes, it seems to be when I "overdo" it. I didn't get them until the last couple of weeks with Madelyn, so it's definitely a change, but I don't think something to worry about. Hope that helps!

Anything new??

hey ladies! christmas break was busy, and honestly, i'm glad it's the new year! 3 days after christmas, jackson got either food poisoning or a 24 hour stomach bug and threw up for the first time in his life. he threw up for 12 hours, even tiny bits of water. it was terrible. then, after 12 hours, he took a really long nap and was back to his normal self. it was so strange...and exhausting!!!

i feel like i've been working myself too hard and not taking care of myself enough. last week i had the tiniest bit of brown spotting (no blood, though) and the dr. asked me to take it easy for a bit. since then, i've been drinking more water, eating better, resting more when i can and actually going to the gym to walk on the treadmill for some alone time. no more spotting and i feel tons better. i also deleted the facebook app off my phone, and it's been so great - i don't think i'll re-install it. i don't want to delete my FB altogether, as i have family across the country that keeps up with it, but instead of daily FB use, i'm getting on maybe once a week. so much better. amazing what taking care of yourself can do!

it's snowing a bit here in chicago today, so i'm taking my son to an indoor play space near our house that he loves. $6 for an entire day of no whining, no "i'm bored" tantrums? i'll take it! :haha:

jtink, that sounds great! We have a place nearby that does indoor play - I love to take DD there! I think she's happy to be back to "school" (daycare) today to see her friends though. I miss her already!

As for your spotting, that's scary. I'm glad you've resolved it! I agree that I've been overdoing it as well... by nighttime I am SO sore that I feel like my pelvis wants to split in half :wacko: It's kind of a toss up between being mentally happy that I've achieved something/crossed something off my list versus whether I've rested enough in the day, which leaves my body feeling good by my mind feeling unaccomplished. :shrug:

Jtink that would have been scary! Good to hear you have used it as a reminder to slow down! I've had my hubby home since the 23rd which has been great! We are off on Thursday to the beach which I'm really looking forward too! Been so hot here! We are worlds away &#128514;

My DS has decided to resist going to sleep at night. He can spend up to 2 hours mucking about, getting up, crying/ screaming! It is really exhausting! He is 2 on the 31/1 and after some googling it seems to be a common occurance around this age. Have you guys experiences this? Any advice?? I hope it is over by the time DS2 arrives!!

Jtink that would have been scary! Good to hear you have used it as a reminder to slow down! I've had my hubby home since the 23rd which has been great! We are off on Thursday to the beach which I'm really looking forward too! Been so hot here! We are worlds away &#128514;

My DS has decided to resist going to sleep at night. He can spend up to 2 hours mucking about, getting up, crying/ screaming! It is really exhausting! He is 2 on the 31/1 and after some googling it seems to be a common occurance around this age. Have you guys experiences this? Any advice?? I hope it is over by the time DS2 arrives!!

Wow! Today it was only 9 degrees F out. And wind chill made it below 0 degrees F. And I got to be out on bus duty at work. NOT fun! Wishing I could take a beach day! Enjoy & think of me! :thumbup:

I recall DD going through something similar. Not really the screaming & crying... but giving me a harder time about going to sleep. It didn't last long. She still tries to think of everything she can for us to do for her before she goes down, but what child wouldn't try that, right?? At least when it comes down to it, she does go down. It will pass! Hang in there :hugs:

AFM, rough morning. I got a little less than 4 hours of sleep last night & DD didn't want me to leave her at daycare. She cried & hid under the table when I tried to wave to her at the window of her classroom. I cried all the way to work & I'm still weepy now. Doesn't help with the lack of sleep. :cry:

Thanks Bella! I keep telling myself it's just a phase! Sorry to hear you had rough morning! Hope the day improved xx

How is everyone doing?? :)

AFM, DD has been sick since Thursday. Poor girl has had between 103-104 fever for 5 days straight. It finally broke yesterday, but she's just SO run down & hasn't been eating. It was really rough - usually she's so happy-go-lucky, even when she's sick, but this time she spent the time lounging on the couch, sleeping in my arms, & watching TV while she moaned. Poor thing! So glad the fever part is over. Now to work on her appetite & get some quality R&R so she can get back to her old self!

Oh Bella sorry to hear about you DD! It's so hard when they are sick. I hope she is on the mend now!

How are you feeling? I have my 32 week scan on Thursday. I can't believe only 2 months to go!! Time is flying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->