2009 March Mummies

lovely name and weight :cloud9: huge congrats again :happydance:
i woke up to the text :dohh: carnt believe i didnt hear my phone go off :dohh:
jade its that fright night film :thumbup:

My phone has just gone through a 40 degree wash. Do you think if I dry it out in the tumble drier it'll be OK? :wacko:

Could really do without this - ARGH!!!

From Cath:

A few details about the birth. We had the gel at 12:30 where i must have been 1ish cm's??, had to lie down till half 1, then we walked until about 3:15.. Just round the streets around the hospital. Contractions were coming about every 5 min and were getting really painful. Was using my lovely tens machine! Then got back to day yard and lay down and slept for 45min, contractions slowed to 10 min apart. Then got up and went to go get a costa coffee.. As you do when you're labouring! Then had to head back to day ward as pains were getting stronger! Got put on monitoring machine and contractions slowed to 5 min apart, after monitoring at 5:30 i was then up standing next to the bed and contractions started coming every 2 min for a min, then every 1 min for a min. I was boosting the heck out me my tens and surprised Mike has any fingers left. They then came to examine me, about 7pm. I was 4cm.. I cried i was so pleased! I had a feeling they were going to say 1cm! They brought me gas and air and cos i was contracting so fast i got pretty high on the has and air, so much so that when they got me round to labour ward i requested an epidural! Well we then made some calls in between contractions to update family etc, and the contractions kept coming about a min apart.. But i thought.. Not to worry.. I'll have my epidural soon! Then again.. Baby had other plans.. All of a sudden with one contraction my waters broke and i lost whatever control i had. My body took over and i told Mike i need to poo! Haha if was going to try help me to the loo i said no.. Call midwife.. Hit button.. Baby is coming NOW.. The contractions were continuous and literally i could feel baby coming down the birth canal. As the midwife came in i'd already started pushing and knew that the first bit out was indeed poo! Damn.. Something you worry about so much and when it happens, the Midwife has it gone before you know it happened. Then baby's head was coming, i felt something burning and the midwife said woah.. Stop pushing.. But my body was like.. To hell with that, this burning will stop NOW and so out came babies head, followed seconds later by the rest of her! mike was in shock, i happened so quickly i dont think his mind had a chance to catch up with it all, i tore reasonably badly.. My own fault.. But baby was out safely, so i'm ok with the tear! So i did it all on gas and air! Again.. Not what was in my birth plan, as planned or bv least expected an epidural! Haha! Elizabeth is tiny.. Well small in comparison to Lottie.. Who weighed a lb heavier at birth! She latched on to beast immediately and then continued to feed and fuss from 10pm to gone 4am!! She kept crying and i was starting to struggle to hold her in a good position so called MW and asked for some formula.. She took 45ml and has been asleep since! Doh! I think she might have made my decision an easy one! Will discuss with hubby.. But for her sleep, my sleep and dealing with a toddler too.. I might just not beat myself up over the whole BFing issue and just use formula! Anyway.. That's my news.. We'll put a pic up on FB some time this morning, if someone wouldn't mind sharing it with people on BNB. Ill hopefully be back online soon.. I miss you all and know i have some gorgeous babies to catch up on! Xxx

https://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t353/linkables/bnb/322482_10150913058455106_770885105_21562729_1786875076_o.jpg

:cry: love reading it

Debz when u have yours my cousin is also due that week, plus 2 other fb friends so i'll be a blubbering wreak next feb (watch out for a WTT announcement then :rofl:)

:rofl: nope cos ive got the wedding dress to think about :tease:

mini rant in my journal - not in the best of moods today cos I know the outcome for poor matthew.

xx

:cry: So lovely Cath! I'm so happy for you!

Just wanted to say don't beat yourself up about whether you BF or BF. I bet if you put all our babies and toddlers in the same room, nobody could tell who was fed what xx

:hi: i got my poxy phone to work! Thanks so much for your neverending love and support! Hope to be releasede soon, enjoying booby feeding Lizzie at the moment' will see what tonight brings, will catch up soon.. My phone is stupid! Gem i hope you're ok!

aww cath wot a good birth :cloud9::cloud9: :cry: i keep saying not broody not broody :cry:
all my 3 kids was bootle fed :flower: go with wots best for you :flower:
ohhhhhhhhhh lu hows the phone ???
gem i will go look at your journal :thumbup: hope you ok :hugs:

Well done Cath! Give BFing a go but if it's too hard FF just have to do what's best for you all as a family :) she is gorgeous!

Seeing cath's updates and pictures make me think back to those lovely first few hormone happy weeks after having Faith! I was full of love for my perfect family :cloud9:

Ah, I was on cloud 9 to after Tom too Katie! Would love that post-birth hormone high again! :lol:

Forgot to say, she is gorgeous Cath - well done! :D

gggrrrrrr my gas meter not working, am out of gas, company given me the electric number instead of gas, im due out in 1 hour and its ffrreeezzziinnggg :cold:

Urgh, hugs Dani!

We have an electric heater on in our bedroom right now. It's the coldest room in the bloody house. We live in a converted 1850's chapel, our bedroom is in the newest bit and yet it's the friggin' coldest!

Anyway - waffle! Hope you get it sorted!

:hugs: dani!!!!

your house sounds fab though lou - i love buildings with a bit of background/feature. would love a house with character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->