2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Just a quick question, ladies. Do you know how soon after the birth it is safe for baby and mummy to fly (only a short haul within Europe)?

have a feeling baby has to be at least two weeks old - not sure why I think that though :shrug:

Googled it and it says at least 7 days provided bubs has seen a doc but they suggest waiting til about 2 months odl, depends on the airline i guess? Also might be worth asking if you could take carseat in cabin with you as then you know exactly where it has been - not sure Id trust them with Moglets seat in the hold!

We went away when Rory was 5 weeks old to Tunisia and it was fine, BUT I would only fly with a decent big airline and QUADRUPLE CHECK that they will DEFINITELY have a carrycot for you to use... we had one booked (and paid £100 for the pleasure- 'token ticket price' apparently) only to not actually get one when we got on the plane cos they were in use :dohh:

I don't know. I think we might give it a miss. I was just looking into the options really. It's my grandma's 70th birthday a bit over 3 weeks after LO's due date. I wouldn't mind the fact that we might have to postpone if LO is late, but I am not sure how comfortable LO would be on the plane as he'd have to be seated on an adult's lap. :nope:

Its not that horrendous a drive...? About 3.5 hours from Calais...

Not where we'd have to go to. :nope: That's about 13 hours from start to finish. Unless we stay in a hotel somewhere in the middle, but that would still make it 2 trips of 7.5 hours, even with stops I think it would be too much for the LO.

I reckon hed be fine on a 2 hour flight - be worth using your airmiles though!!! Chances are with a feed and change before you board he will sleep through til you get there :thumbup:

Yeah i'm sure he'd be fine, too, especially as it's short haul- no need for a carrycot after all then.

Mind you, I have a HUGE family wedding two weeks after Beans due date also in Germany that i've decided not to go to... I really want to, but I think it'll be just.too.much for me that soon. I'm sure the babbit would cope fine though!

I think if it were me Id wuss out of the trip, depends how close you are to babys birth and how you feel travelling with a newborn - baby would cope whatever its just the toll on you so close to birth...

Could you maybe go a bit later say a christmas shopping trip with a 10 week old? Give her time to spend with bubs and he will be up for it a bit more too?

Anyone else finding themselves in constant backache at the mo? Really struggling and sure it wasnt so bad with mogster :dohh:

To be honest, I probably will give it a miss. OH said exactly the same thing about how much I'd be up to the trip or not so shortly after birth and I think he's got a good point.

Anyone else finding themselves in constant backache at the mo? Really struggling and sure it wasnt so bad with mogster :dohh:

Have you tried any swimming? I find that my classes really help me.

swimming with mogster isnt the most relaxing of pastimes - very splashy and then the stresses of getting chaged afterwards when he wanted to leg it starkers out of the changing rooms :dohh: The one thats best is in the local school and is having a refurb at the moment. Im trying to focus on counting down - 9 weeks tomorrow or hopefully less!!!

Think you will be doing the right thing to go later with bubs, your granny will appreciate the personal visit later too as she will have you and bubs all to herself rather than having to share him!

Moggy, I'm also getting back ache and I'm only 26 weeks! I wonder if it's to do with the chairs I'm using at work and on the train as it's mainly during the week.

My dh picked up my forms from the Drs yesterday! He's amazing! x

Hi everyone! :hi:

Moggy - my back is aching lots, it seems to be either from when I've over-done it (which I'm sure you can't really help chasing after a toddler!) or when I sit funny, I've started behaving like an old lady and searching out solid-backed chairs or stuffing several cushions behind myself to make me sit up properly! :loopy:

I hope everyone is enjoying the bank-holiday weekend! I had a day out at our local horse trials with a friend yesterday, cheering on another friend who was competing, the weather was gorgeous and I basically wandered around a beautiful park and attacked the food trade stands - bacon roll, jacket potato, banana & chocolate pancake, pick and mix, ice-lolly and then more pick and mix - I think I may have pigged out a little too much, I felt rather sick when I got home! :sick: Going back today, will just be having a pancake and then a hot doughnut - yummy!

Haven't inflated the holo yet, I'm going to wait and take it to Mallorca next weekend, I think it might be easier to pack while its still all tightly wrapped up?

Pip - I agree, going later would mean you'd enjoy it so much more, I think if you went so soon after the birth you'll just be exhausted and ready to come home the whole time.

Anyway I've done the housework, so I'm off to Houghton to attack the food again!!! :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->