2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Awww, congrats on the anniversary- and Brigette too for yours!! :hugs:

xx

Evening all,

Great news on the potty training, Moggy.

And I am with you all on the ring front. I am not too bad during the day, but have to take mine off at night time as it is just too uncomfortable.

I wanted to report back on my pillow too. I have been sleeping a lot better the last few nights than I did before I got it. I am still finding it difficult to get comfortable at night, but the actual sleep is of a lot better quality than before and I don't wake up feeling that I need another night's sleep. So thanks again to everyone who encouraged me to get it.

And I am all excited as I won a genuine brandnew Grobag on Ebay last night for about half the price it is in the shop. :thumbup:

Hello.....

Moggy - Well done mogster on the #2s :happydance::happydance: And happy anniversary too :hugs::hugs:

Lia - I hope you worked hard today...i didnt ...1st day back and managed to do bugger all :blush:

Pip- Great news about the Grobag...all of mine have been new on sale or new ebay..... :thumbup:

Brig - great bumpage :thumbup:

Ann - doesa replacment ring mean you have a 2nd husband too:haha:

Yas/Mrs Mils - Hi huns :flower:

Have MW apptmt in the morning. Hoping to get some news on when i get to see a consultant about birth (section or vbac!?)...should be around 32 weeks..
I still have my rings on.....i didnt take mine off at all with Jac but i only had my engagement ring then......so will see how it goes. Hot weather does make them swell though..

xx

I was wondering if anyone else had this: After periods of sitting I get this pain in my ribs - only on the right side though. And it really is quite uncomfortable. Anyone else had this?

ME!!!!! All the time, find a wheat pack helps and Superdrug have them for £2.99 at the moment :thumbup:

Feels like we are all really getting there now, am starting to get fed up, bumpis definitely classic boy bump as al in front - cant do washing up or even sit at dining table very comfortably any more, even have to sit sideways at breakfast bar :dohh:

Great news about ebay bargain Pip - which pattern did you go for?

Claire - will they make the decision or do you get to say hwat you want and then they try and do that? We were supposed to see folks at hospital but criteria have changed and we are back to low risk BUT MW unit cant take me cos Mogster was prem and we want to be treated for asumed GBS rather than confirmed GBS - seems silly as if confirmed we could go in there but as we arent being tested just assuming the need to have IV antibiotics as precaution we cant :shrug:

Loving your days at work and posts P&F - make me laugh, have visions of you at a desk with great big thought bubbles and growing in tray that you sweep intoa big bin every so often :rofl: Any progress on house? Am gagging to see pics!!!!!

Loving the red dress Brig, looks like you too only see your feet in the mirror :haha:

I wanna 2nd hubby - a doppleganger of number one but that has the energy to run around after my every whim and give me foot massage EVERY night fr more than the 10 mins OH has the energy for. Did you get second holiday and party and pressies out if it or just a bigger ring?

Yas - any news on grant and buggy fund?

:hi: to the other ladies who are being quiet - think youre away MrsM and Im too early for you Sarah aka nightowl!

:hugs: to all

Me, Pip, except on my left side. It's ouchy! :(

Claire are you hoping for a VBAC then??

I keep having hot flushes- not just cos of the weather- feel like am back in first tri again!! In fact there are soooo many symptoms that are first tri symptoms again (only worse!!).

Wow i have never noticed this thread!

I am Ally, due 19th September :hugs: xxx

Oh- and it was confirmed to me by the job centre, that there are two types of benefits- contribution based and income based. Both types pay you the same amount of money. Which group you go in depends if you paid enough contributions in the last three years- which I have, and so I am in the contribution based group. And the difference between the two? The contribution based don't get free prescriptions or help with morgages or any grants. So DEFINITELY no sure start grant for me. Which have I mentioned is UTTER MADNESS?!?!?!?!

It just seems so illogical to me, that because I DID work and pay contributions, I can't have any grants, yet someone who hasn't worked gets all the free stuff. It is baffling.:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Aaaaaanyway, after the baby is born I automatically change from ESA to income support apparently, which will make me eligible for the SS grant then- which is great but not much help NOW, y'know?!

My lovely daddy is gonna buy me the pram though- we went to Mothercare World to see if there were any other super lightweight, parent facing prams for cheaper and there just isn't really, except crap stuff. And he loves the Bee as much as I do and thinks it's worth the dosh. Yay for Grandad!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yay for Grandad :thumbup:

If you time it right you may find you can pay by card when you buy it and when you get the bill you will have received your surestart grant...? Have it filled out ready to go and FX'd will come through in time to let Grandad spoil Bean in another way and grant go on Beans first wheels.

Makes no sense to me either, whole system is a co ck up! Why you always get stuff when you put in and not when you dont is why we are now facing such cuts! System should reward you for trying not make it easy to sit on your arse all day...Rant over :blush:

Second big test of potty training today - we already mastered shopping and food shopping, today we have playgroup.....(three left then, tumbletots, long journey and staying away from home)

Moggy - As far as i'm aware the decision is mine but it can be overruled i think...but it all depends on the nature of the first csection. Will see what happens eh...glad the potty trining is going good hun....seems mogster is a star :cloud9:

Yas -Grandads are great :thumbup: My dad spoils Jac which makes it hard at times as he wants to go straight to him instead of my mum...even though she does all the hard work :dohh:
Ive delibearated a few times and revisted it all last week (feelings/stats and all that) ....i want a csection not vbac as i dont want the same experience as last time. They say it owuld never be but i would be worried about it...my end goal is to have our baby in my arms safe in the least stress possible.

Anyway off to MW now...taking bloods too :cry:

xxx

whoop for grandad jas,thats great, and moggy for number 2, who said i was a night owl? i go to bed at like 9pm with the kids :sleep:and still cant get up in the morning:blush: got my scan on monday, so excited, rob wants them to check the sex again coz he still doesnt believe it:dohh: and my rings have gone too, went weeks ago, they were ok in the day its at night, oh and hi everyone

Moggy - I do work hard, honestly! It is, on paper, the busiest time of year for me where I should be running around like a headless chicken. However the academics in their true slack style are making my life harder by leaving their bits til the last minute.........so by the time I get anything I will have to run around like ermmmmmm two headless chickens :haha: Good luck with more potty training!!!!

Our own plasterer is coming today and DH has the day off so downstairs should start to look more like a house :thumbup:

Yas - that system is screwed. But glad you are getting the pram lovely daddy!!!

Found DHs camera this morning incidentally so should be able to get some pics up for you - you will still have to use some imagination to see how it should be though :haha: We are at antenatal tonight though woop woop :happydance:

Re the RIB PAIN - I get this, in the left side though :dohh: and I have finally got The Worlds Worst heartburn.........killing me :dohh:

Costgang - yay for the scan - I understand him wanting to check, I was the same :haha:

Hello Ally :flower: and anyone else I have missed. Got to dash as have two students coming to see me in errrrrrrr 13 mins and I have got to wolf down some lunch :haha: Will let you know how antenatal goes!

LOL Claire! I wouldn't want anyone but my lovely dh. I miss my rings :( How did your MW appointment go? What happened with your last labour which is making you want a C Section? Did I miss a previous post?

Pip, yep I get that pain too. Apparently it's normal and is our ribs expanding for the baby.

:hi: Ally!

Yas, that is madness. Such backwards logic. But yey to your Dad for buying you the pram!

Wow another scan Costcang?! Is it NHS? Good luck with it.

:hi: P&F and everyone else! xxx

Lia do you mean you've only just got the dreaded heartburn?! I've had it for like 8 weeks now. EVERY damn day. I pop Rennies like sweeties!!!

Yep Ann it's total backwards logic! Thank god for my lovely dad :)

The rib pain flares up for me when i've eaten... I sit pressing it and it helps a little bit.

Ooh and anyone else missing eating on their laps?! I can't do it anymore, I have to eat every meal at the table- sitting sideways :rofl: :dohh:

My dinner always ends up on my bump so I guess I'm still eating off my lap! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"