2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Hi ladies.....

pinkandfluffy- I have the Quinny and i used to love it but since i have my Maclaren Quest (so lightweight!) for shopping it feels so cumbersome.....i would probably still buy one again though. What about the BabyStyle Oyster...
https://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/20/6736/babystyle-oyster-stroller---pearl/
never seen them for real but read a few threads on the baby forums about them...they look good....cheaper than a quinny and fold down in one unit i think. If you wnat an opinion i think one of the mods 'arcanegirl' has one :thumbup:
Oh...and meadowhell :rofl::rofl:

Piperette- Glad you're feeling better hun :hugs:

Jetters- I'm the same.....counting down to every wednesday...only 3 days to another milestone :thumbup:

Moggymay-:happydance::happydance: not long and you'll be in 2nd tri hun :hugs:

I feel exhausted today......i've slept well all week and last night but i still knackered :sleep: I'm also having bouts of nausea here and there...last time i had them in the morning but in the last few days it's happened late afternoon. I'm hoping this is all the MS i'll get....

xx

Penguin, just take it easy if you are feeling a bit tired.

I quite like the look of the Oyster, the basket seems a nice size too.

The Quinny looks lovely too, but is there no basket at all?

Piperette - You have to buy the basket separately......i did as i think it's invaluable....it's £19.99 on amazon now but i'm sure i only paid around £13 for it :shrug: You do get the buzz box included but it doesnt hold much....i use that to put my purse and mobile and i keep a couple of nappies and wipes in there as backup as i only use it locally now.

I'll might sell mine early Feb(but can i part with it LOL) no guarantees though....as we have the phil&teds and we could use that as a single for now. If anyones interested in it let me know and i'll talk to hubby and see what he thinks...it's midnight blue and in very good condition and i have all the extras...including the carrycot.

xxx

ooh my ticker went to 11 weeks :yipee:

Yay!!!! I got excited when mine reached six - I can't imagine what I'll be like when I get to 11!!!

I'm loving all of the chat about baby stuff - I can't wait to start being able to shop (a little addiction....!). I'm hoping you ladies that already have children can give me some advice on what I need and what is a waste of money!

Hope everyone is well today, have you all still got snow?

Hi Ladies!!

Moggymay: Happy 11 weeks!!! :happydance: I cannot wait to see my ticker at 11 weeks!!

And Jetters, you are absolutely right!! That's exactly how it is! I look forward to every Thursday! I LOVE that day now because it means I am one week closer! And it's fantastic for me because I am Off Friday and only work a few hours Saturday morning and Off Sunday so with the weekend to keep busy the next thing I notice I am My week +4 days on monday and then it's only 3 more days to another week! Lol! Did that make sense!?

I have been offline for too long! (Yes a day is too long) But my computer virus is now :gun: DEAD! thanks to my DH!!

On another note, I can't wait to start buying Stuff!! It's a little bit of an addiction for me too! But I find my city doesn't offer much for maternity or babies, I'd have to drive a couple hours to get the good stuff.

Well Have a nice day ladies!!

Brigitte
xx

Pinkandfluffy- Hi hun :flower:

DeDe80 - I'm glad to say i've never entered those MC forums even for a sneaky look.....i don't want to ever go there (in any circumstance iykwim) i think we get so paranoid anyway...so i don't wnat to make it any worse.

Welcome(again :haha:) MamaBird aka Brigitte :flower:

From the worrying point and looking at MC stats and MC forums.....we ladies have to also remember that success rates also look worse on these kinds of forums as there's so many preggy ladies on here...and not also that but a large amount of people that use these forums are here for the support because of losses and struggles...so losses are definitely heightend on here......so come on ladies we need to relax :thumbup: (and this is also for me as I think i'm worrying even more so now that i did when expecting Jac..:shrug:)

xxx

Claire, I was wondering about this just today. I think you are right and am certainly now trying to be more positive. You are a wise wise lady! xx

Lydia aka MrsMils!! - My oh and I were talking about toasting some marshmellows!! We totally forgot though and now it's too late to get some... I WANT SOME!! lol xx

Just after opinions please....had bronchitis over christmas and have had a cold on/off since about a week after :bfp: I had a course of antibiotics over christmas to help clear the bronchitis as they couldnt give me the usual steroids cos off bubs. I still have a cough and a bit of a cold and as I am shattered so much of the time it just doesnt seem to be passing. I dont remember being this tired last time so wondering if should take a trip back to the docs? Any second timers that can help re tiredness or anyone with advice in general. All suggestions very welcome :flower:

Penguin - thank you that's really helpful - the hunt goes on and all advice is invaluable!!! That one looks lovely - definitely going to need a proper play day where we can go and poke at more prams :happydance: trying to get a shortlist together so we can go and poke them all together and compare better lol.

Had a nice wander out in the snow today and a trip to Elsecar Heritage Centre (local to us) with lots of crafty shops and things, lovely :thumbup:

Back to work tomorrow boooooo but only 4 sleeps til my scan :haha:

Ohhhh and had thai green curry for tea tonight, and DH put some ginger in - feeling good of an evening for a change so wonder if it did the trick with the nausea :shrug:

These milestones are coming thick and fast now aren't they - congrats ladies!!!!!

pinkandfluffy, thanks for the reminder about the ginger. Just made myself a cup of ginger tea. Fingers crossed it will ease the queasy feeling a bit. Although I am not complaining as I know why I am feeling queasy IYKWIM. :)

Lydia- We had so much snow forecast but only got a load last monday...a bit disappointing as i would have loved some extra days off with hubby before i go back to work...selfish i know....

Brigitte - Be warned....the buying baby things addiction doesn't go away whent he baby is here.....it didnt for me anyway...:haha:

Fish&chips- i'm good with advice and stuff but i need to follow it myself more often.....:blush:

Moggymay - I must say i've been knackered the last week.....and yesterday i was struggling to keep my eyes open at lunch time!! not like me.....i dont remember being like this last time either.....but the fact that i have an 8 month old to tend to 24/7 might contribute to that....maybe the same for you?? If you're not sure hun i would pop to the docs anyway. He may give you/suggest something that might help.

pinkandfluffy- only 3 sleeps till scan :happydance::happydance:

Piperette- Hope the queasyness eases up...i know how you feel :hugs:

Dont feel as tired today thank god....but the queasyness (dont even know if its a proper word LOL) came with avengance while shopping in Tesco this morning......when we got to the car it got so bad i had to take a load of deep breaths.....it's the closest ive been to actually feeling i was really going to throw up......glad i didnt and i hope it doesnt get any worse.

Hope all you ladies are well :hugs:

xx

Just sorted Jac's nursery trial run next week as i'll be back i work for real the following week...so he'll go for a few hours on Monday afternoon and Friday monring.
I dont want to leave him but i know he'll be fine...i'm going to be the cry baby :cry::cry:

xxx

okay ladies good news....woke up this morning feeling fine (sings) MS seems to have gone and tiredness is almost bearable, feeling tired now but only as would normally after chasing a toddler around all day...could it be the feel good bit is coming early or is there something wrong? Thinking must be all good and will feel restless and nauseous later but so far today one of the best days for the last month or so, even the coughing is subsiding...dare I get excited about the scan next week? Just have to hope OH isnt delayed on flight home as he should land at Heathrow 8.45am and the scan is at 2.30pm, torn between taking young man with me and hoping he makes it or having to tell someone else so they can have him for the afternoon - will they let me take a toddler into the scan room (in a buggy strapped in?)

Hope all the ladies with queasiness are having a better day!

3 sleeps indeed til the scan argh!!!! Are any of you ladies planning on going on holiday/been on holiday before while pregnant?

We have a trip to Mallorca which will probably be in March (won a villa for a few nights as a prize at a charity ball we went to with the in-laws) so I will be past the 12 week mark.

Am just worried as I am a terrible flyer.....and normally do my flights drugged up to the eyeballs lol....and would have to do this one au natural.

Is it okay to fly while pregnant? I really want to go but sort of dreading the flight already....lol!

Good luck moggy and pink&fluffy.. I can't wait to see your scan pics!!!

I don't think I've been getting ms but today I haven't touched any food as everything makes my stomach turn.. is that ms?

Hope all the ladies with queasiness are having a better day!

3 sleeps indeed til the scan argh!!!! Are any of you ladies planning on going on holiday/been on holiday before while pregnant?

We have a trip to Mallorca which will probably be in March (won a villa for a few nights as a prize at a charity ball we went to with the in-laws) so I will be past the 12 week mark.

Am just worried as I am a terrible flyer.....and normally do my flights drugged up to the eyeballs lol....and would have to do this one au natural.

Is it okay to fly while pregnant? I really want to go but sort of dreading the flight already....lol!

Holiday sounds nice, sunshine as well will be a lovely break from the grey and wet of home. Im jealous!

We flew at the 4/5 month mark with the last one, we went to Cascais in Portugal so a short hop really just 2.5hours, was fine, we just made sure we got to the airport in plenty of time so we could beg for good seats, we ended up being upgraded on the way out and then given business class seats to come home so was all good.

Which bit of the flight scares you?

sounds like it to me fishnchips, hope is passes soon :hugs:

Moggymay- i would think it would be ok to have mogster in the scan room....it's really up to you not them who you want present....maybe phone up the hospital and ask to check...the no. would be on yor letter.

Fish&chips- i would class it at MS as it's defo having an impact on your eating habits....but i might be wrong :shrug:

pink&fluffy - Your defo ok to fly...when i was 17 weeks pregnant with Jac i did a 20 hour trip alone from home to Los Angeles via Manchester and Heathrow Airport....and I the same stint to come back home a week later and i was fine :thumbup:
Just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and stretch your legs often enough.
Are you just scared of flying altogether hun or does it just make you uneasy?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->