2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

:hugs: Pip!

Claire i'm sorry for your sad news, hope you and hubby are doing ok :hugs:

As for me I just feel crappy today. Sick sick sick and my hands are KILLING- woke up sobbing today at 5am, this carpal tunnel thing is the worst pregnancy symptom EVER. I just feel so low. Think i'll have a day in bed with movies.

Futura splints Yas - free from physio and do help, very hot to wear at night though

Have a chillax movie day. Mogster at playschool thank goodness as am suffering down below and belly at moment, hoping its just practise though as want to get past Mogsters birthday if possible

Are you all planning on making a birth plan? Moggy/Claire, did you have one for your first births?? I have made one this morning but since most decisions about the birth are out of my hands I wasn't sure there was much point! (Due to my heart condition) However at least I can give copies to my dad and Garry so they both know what I want etc. I've tried to make it fairly simple and quick to read... any tips??

This is my first baby. My birth partners will be my dad, N , and my partner Garry. Here is my ideal birth plan; everything listed below is of course IF POSSIBLE- I understand things may not go to plan!

*Please be aware that I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, and so please keep me informed of all decisions so that I do not feel out of control. Thank you*

During Labour:
Dark, quiet room.
Minimal fuss and intervention.
Ice and fans to keep me cool- I hate being hot!
I would like to labour on all fours if possible.
Warm flannels to be applied on my perineum.

Pain Relief:
NO opiates at all/anything that may effect the baby.
I am happy to have an epidural.
I would like to try gas and air.
I am a sickly person, so anti-sickness medication if possible.

I would like a natural third stage.

After Labour:
Please do NOT cut cord until it has turned white
My dad N is to cut the cord
Baby placed on my chest immediately, before being cleaned, and examined on my chest.
If I cannot do the skin to skin contact, then I would like my dad to.

Please administer Vitamin K orally only.

In case of c-section: My dad is to accompany me in to the theatre. Baby to be given skin on skin contact by me or him as soon as is possible.

Students: I am happy for students to attend my birth, but only if they are made aware of my anxiety problems and are not given control of me at any time.

Feeding: I am determined to breastfeed; please do not give the baby formula under any circumstances. Tongue tie is very common in my family so please can the midwives look out for this.

Hi...thanks all for your support :hugs:

Must say thing always come together.....had a really bad night last night.....might have got a bug or something.....was up between 1am-6am throwing up and stuck on the toilet. :cry: Glad to say ive managed to keep some toast down now so hopefully on the mend. Jac/Hubby have been ok so far ...so a bit baffles as to what it is as me and hubby ave eaten the same too :shrug:

Lia - Love the pics hun.....the bathroom is lovely :thumbup:

Yas - I did a very basic birth plan....more so for myself....it was half the size of a notepad piece of paper :haha: Lucky really as nobody at the hospital took any notice of it. Hubby was aware of it just incase i was out of it.....but never needed to refernece it. All i put down was....pain relief, FF, Oral Vit K, and cord to be cut by the mw/ doctor.....
I wouldnt go too much indepth as it can make you feel a bit disappointed if it doesnt go to plan iykwim. :hugs::hugs:

xx

Yas / Claire - hope you are both feeling better.

Funnily enough Claire I had an off day a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't leave the loo - and DH and I had eaten the same. I was in a state of panic that body was having a clearout............:dohh: but was okay the next day really.

Birth plan - my midwife is a bit pants to be honest, and I was planning to go with the approach of as long as Ash knows what I want then it's down to him to see that it happens (as far as possible obv). But then I don't really have any strong feelings on any bits either - I want to breastfeed, and want skin to skin, and want Ash there but other than that am willing to go with the flow. Is that silly????? lol....

Bubs measuring fine went to midwife today. 4 days left in work. Ready for my afternoon nap now :rofl: :dohh:

PS - I do like your plan Yas and think it's easy enough for them to read and all relevant :thumbup:

My only suggestion would be as long as your birthing partner(s) know these are your wishes (which I have no doubt they do :haha:) then it's all good, and they can make sure the hospital / midwives pay attention to what you want to happen :flower:

evening all :hi:

MW this afternoon, Moglet is measuring 42weeks :wacko: not sure where that came from??? Swelling of feet/cankles is noted as severe so back to see her next Monday unless deliver before then is how she phrased it :shrug: Have a 3rd birthday party on sunday so hopefullt either all done by Sunday or hold off til Tuesday....

Next MW appt OH is coming too as he has day off for Mogsters birthday, we will go see her and see what situation is with size, odema etc and then we are planning to ask to see consultant and be scanned if still measuring big and assuming measuring big is all down to baby we are gonna request induction.

Not sure what else can do as can barely get up/down to the floor with Mogster and its only getting worse each day as my feet swell more and more.

Am supposed to be consultant led and have only seen her once! She isnt worried so guess thats good but if shes taking the lead least she could do is do something! MW offered to refer us today but they wont do anything til after 37 weeks - should I call MW tomorrow do you think to request referral in time for next week - get the ball rolling so to speak?

Getting harder each day and BH's getting worse, especially this evening, although as can stil type know its not labour yet!

Birth plans look good, main thing I think is that you have thought about it and discussed with birth partner in case labour happens and you have to make decision of some sort or they have to make it for you.

Claire so sorry about your dh's aunt. There seems to be lots of sad news around at the moment. :hugs:

P&F I love the photos! Where did you get the car rug from? We're looking for one just like that.

MrsMils, enjoy London and the dress shopping... don't get too tearful! If you're Baker Street way let me know as that's where I work.

Yas what exactly is carpel tunnel? Hope you're ok hun :hugs: I'm impressed by your birthing plan. I haven't even thought about mine yet but it'll probably be similar to yours. You mention a few things though that I don't even know about!!

42 weeks???? OMG Moggy! I'm struggling measuring 32 weeks! Why are you meant to be seen by a consultant? My MW has noted my oedema too but she just told me to put up with it. I guess it's not severe enough to be concerned about.

It's my birthday tomorrow .. whoo hoo!!

Supposed to have been consultant led all along but only due to previous prem and GBS. Had high BP at booking but its fine so after one appt havent seen her since :shrug: MW has been doing all appts

Car rug = mothercare https://www.mothercare.com/dp/B0011DVXYC/ref=pd_cpl_room/280-3075796-8554503?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core though most of the range (green car blue) was reduced so may be worth ringing a few stores to see if they have it left. It is so ruggy and furry and fluffy I love it!

Moggy - I think you are going to be first to pop no??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!

Hope you're suitably spoilt today xxx

I just got back from my scan and it was soooooooooo lovely to see my little man!! :cloud9:

After all the bleeds and complications and threats of preterm labour and worries about him measuring so small, I am now 35 weeks and he weighs 6lb 3oz and is bigger and longer than average- I can't quite believe i've managed to build a full size baby :happydance:

I just got back from my scan and it was soooooooooo lovely to see my little man!! :cloud9:

After all the bleeds and complications and threats of preterm labour and worries about him measuring so small, I am now 35 weeks and he weighs 6lb 3oz and is bigger and longer than average- I can't quite believe i've managed to build a full size baby :happydance:

:happydance:

Moglet had a growth scan this morning too!

Called MW this morning to see if she could give my better explanation as to why hes measuring so big and she sent us up to day assessment unit to find out more....

Basically so far this pregnancy I have lost 1lb in weight - I am officially 1lb less now than I weighed at booking, basically Ive lost weight and put on a baby!

After more measuring, prodding and poking the decided to do a scan to have a measure and they confirmed hes just gonna be a good size :wacko: They wont discuss induction at this point but all depends how things go with swelling and physio now...guestimate of weight today was just shy of 7lb *gulp*

Not sure where we go now other than just wait and see MW again on Monday, if the weather stays like this should be better as fluid goes down more as its cooler, if it gets hot then who knows how much my feet/hands will swell :nope: If they get big again am gonna be having me non stop :sex: to get him out!

Was great to see him jigging around in there, cant believe how big he is and how little space there is left!

Yas that is great news! Hopefully the remainder of your pregnancy will be lovely and uncomplicated!

7lbs? Wow, but he could come any day so that wouldn't be too bad. According to my fundal height, little Fishy was just under 5lbs last week at 31 weeks! I am having a scan on Monday for my low lying placenta so they will measure him then. Not sure if I've already said all this? lol!

Thanks for all the birthday messages! I am being suitably spoilt thanks Yas. My dh has got my a spa voucher for £150!!! I just can't decide what to have. They do a ante-natal package but I don't really fancy getting undressed in my state so might have a head massage, pedicure and a hair cut. Am so excited. And ALSO he is taking me to the Hand and Flowers in Marlow tonight which is run by the guy that did the main course on the Great British Menu. Yummy!!!

Happy Birthday Ann!!!
Happy to hear you are being spoiled!!
xo

ooh menu reports please and feedback on what you choose to eat too :hugs:

Happy Birthday Ann :cake:

Sounds like youre being spoiled :thumbup: Enjoy your meal :hugs:

xxx

Ann that all sounds lovely you lucky thing - hope you are enjoying the end of your day :hugs:

Yay for scans ladies - they didn't guestimate the weight of mine last week as they just did the growth scan because of my reduced movement but I think mine is long and heavy too from what they said at the private one we had at 30 weeks :haha:

Will they grow much more at this stage? Healthy babies already hey! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->