2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

i got another growth scan monday, at 8.30 in the morn:growlmad: still at least they remembered me this time:haha:

I'm torn between selfishly wanting a small bubba (for the sake of my vagina :rofl:) but also knowing that the bigger he gets in there while he's safe and healthy, the better for him!

I really don't know if he'll come on time or not- I was so sure he'd be early for so long (and so were the docs) and now he's snug as bug in there, growing at the speed of light and i'm not engaged at all so I reckon he may even go overdue!! What do you all think your Bubbas will do- early, on time or late? Think we can safely say that Moggy will be going early!!!

And i'm trying to think of it as having 7 weeks left, not 5... cos then anytime before that is a win! And it's a nice feeling to know no matter what, I WILL have my baby in my arms in 7 weeks :)

My thoughts seem to fluctuate.........

While I have been flapping about finishing everything at work before I go on mat leave on Friday, I have been utterly convinced he would come early.

I am sure that once I finish on Friday, he will not come, and I will in fact go over :rofl:

Little monkey. As long as he bakes in there past this week so I can get work out of the way then he can come when he is ready and I guess he will lol....

Everyone keeps saying I am huge though. I don't want to be late :haha:

Also, is anyone doing any of the 'extra' birth preparations?? Rasberry Leaf Tea, perineal massage etc? I never thought i'd be the type to do it, but now i'm thinking any little helps!

I've got the RLT capsules but I only take one a day cos urgh, they are SO big and I can taste them for ages after :sick:. Have also got the teabags but again, urgh! I only like them fulllll of sugar which kinda defeats the point, although I do gulp down a cool cup every couple of days.

And I bought the perineal massage gel from mothercare last week... gonna get OH to do it every night before bed, but obviously he's only here 3 nights a week. The other 4 I wont bother... cos I can't reach it :haha:

Lia, yay for maternity leave, you must be so excited!! Is your house on track to be completely ready soon before Bubs gets here?

Hi everyone :hi:

Sorry for not letting you know any earlier, but we had visitors over for a few days and I have just been too knackered to post. Was quite good without PC for a few days though.

Still tired, so off to bed shortly, but just wanted to let you know that we are okay. :winkwink:

MamaBird, my offer for the AD still stands, so just PM me your address if you want some.

The massage scares me but I think it would be useful - and I think I will get the raspberry leaf tea capsules this week now I am finishing work :thumbup:

I reckon the house will be done - landing / stairs needs carpeting and painting, kitchen needs painting and some units fitting, utility needs some units fitting. Then all rooms need radiators fitting and doors fitting but we are pretty much there.

The skylight we were going to have in the bathroom is going on hold as we actually have enough light in there anyway we've discovered and that is something Ash can't do himself.

And then finally the patio needs levelling and re-laying because it was all dug out for the foundations - but we have just had a call from a builder that FIL knows so that may get done :thumbup:

I reckon Moglet is tucked up all comfy and being a boy may decide to stay put yet....saying that so many folk are saying 14/7-16/7 will wait and see what next week brings!

Feel a lot calmer to know that Moglet is bigger than Mogster was although they are probably on a par, also think that Moglet might not be as big as they say as Mogster is long in the body more so than in the leg despite being tall so maybe theyre assuming Moglet is big when he too is long in the body...? Todays scan guesstimates him as 3218g so 7lb if I am working it out right :wacko:

Glad to have you back Pip :hi:

Shgattered so off to bed, will catch up properly in the morning, all the talk of massage makes my feet want attention!

Oh my Gosh!!

I can't believe how close some of you ladies are getting!!!! Time is starting to REALLY drag for me. :-( 32 weeks in 2 days and I wish I was like 35 or 36...maybe the heat isn't helping. Last night we actually had a camp out in our living room because it was the coldest room in the house! lol I keep hoping she comes a little early...but in reality I'm not sure if she'll be early or late!?

As for getting ready, I will be doing the perineal massage...not sure what to use for massage oil though? What do you ladies think is really useful in labour/delivery prep? What are these caplets you're talking about Yas?

And About this Angel Delight business...I acutally searched the internet for a place that would ship to Canada...only thing I found was on ebay...and I'm not sure how I feel about buying a food product from strangers.

So Pip I think I'll take you up on your offer. I'll PM you my address and you just PM me the cost of the AD and shipping! :) Thank you!!

Alright...off to try and cool down! UGH!

xo

Well the meal was blimen fantastic!! The food was AMAZING and the service was spot on. I apologised for ordering duck that wasn't pink and asked how the chef took it and she asked if I would like to meet him, so we went and shook his hand in the kitchen! Oh and good ole Heston Blumenthal was eating at the table next to us! We laughed all night.. I'm so in love!

I'm one very happy lady!

xxx

Ann - Glad you had a great time hun..... :thumbup::thumbup:

Hello everyone else...

Funeral this afternoon and not looking forward. Especially being a very emotional preggy lady doesnt help as well as hubby being a Bearer so it'll be even harder as he wont be with me for some of the time.

xxx

Big hugs Claire, I hope it goes as well as it possibly can. :hugs:

Ann - happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had a lovely day, the pressie and meal sound brilliant! :happydance:

I had a lovely time in London, lots of watching my sister try on fabulous wedding dresses - she actually chose and ordered one! Its stunning (well, it will be when its made, she is having a combination of three different dresses!). Afternoon tea at The Berkley and the dinner at Club Gascon - heaven! Shattered now though, three days of non-stop fun has left me pooped!!

I bought a rug for the nursery and my mum treated me to a couple of bits from the sale at Petit Bateau. There were so many things I wanted to buy, but desperately trying to be sensible and buy essentials rather than just pretty things! (I also bought DH some choccies from Rococco, but I keep sneaking one or two, so I think I'll be consuming most of them!:blush:).

I can't believe we've got some nearly-cooked babies on here - I'm so excited!!!! Sorry some of you are feeling so uncomfortable though.

Hope you're all having a nice day xx

OOooh sounds like a lovely day Ann and you mrsmils!

Claire I hope today goes as well as it can hun :hugs:

I have just tomorrow left in work and out for chinese with the team afterwards, will be so pleased to finish!

Hope you are all doing well - hips are sooo sore now, but doctors not interested. Had a med student prodding me today and she got done for calling them 'stretch marks' and not their proper med term....lol :haha:

Mrsmils that sounds like such a lovely day! I love looking for wedding dresses... I really miss it now I'm married! lol at eating your dh's choccies! x

Evening ladies,

A bit more from me tonight. We should really be starting now getting everything ready for the move, will probably do that over the weekend. Want to get my hospital bag packed before though as I really don't fancy being completely unprepared and unable to find things when in the new house due to the usual moving chaos.

Still need a matress for LO's cotbed, so if anyone has any recommendations or no-go's, please let me know as I don't know where to start. :blush:

MW appointment two days ago: BP okay, iron levels okay, LB level (whatever that is) a too low, so she suggested iron tablets. I asked her if I could take them as well as my prenatal tablets and she said to check if they contained iron. Which they do, 100% of the GDA apparently. Not quite sure what to do now. Can you take too much iron? Does anyone know what implications a low LB level can have? I completely forgot to ask MW.

MW seemed quite confident that LO is head down now, although I am still not 100% convinced as I still get this quite bad pain in my ribs. Where is everyone feeling their LO's kicks? And where do you normally find the heartbeat? If you could describe it like someone is standing in front of you has painted a clock on you. Makes it easier to visualise.

LO very active these days, he even kicked the midwife when she was feeling his position. :haha:

Oh, and I have another question: I read a few pages back that someone (sorry I can't remember who it was :blush:) mentioned at what stage they wanted the cord cut. Is there a reason why you want it done like that?

Don't know about the iron and stuff but bubs has been head down since at least 29 weeks here and I was still feeling stuff in my ribs - delicate little bits low down and the harder ones where I guess his feet were? :thumbup:

Think it was Yas on the cord cutting :flower:

Pip my mw always finds the heartbeat straight away between 6-9 o'clock... does that make sense? Bubs is very firmly head down and has been since about 25 weeks, but my biggest ouchiest kicks are up under my ribs- and in fact sometimes on my ribs now he's bigger! Kinda across the top half of my tum, with the occational wallop down by my ladybits which I assume is a hand! On the scan a few days ago I saw his bum comes up to the top of my bump, then his legs are crossed over each other- looks so uncomfy but apparently normal. Hope that helps!!

As for the delayed cord clamping- basically I believe it gives the babies the most oxygenated blood as well as nutrients and blood volume. A quick google will go into the most detail but here's a quick guide...

The main benefits being:

* Increased levels of iron
* Lower risk of anaemia
* Less transfusions and
* Less incidence of intraventricular haemorrhage

A two-minute delay in cord clamping increased the child’s iron reserve by 27-47 mg of iron, which is equivalent to 1-2 months of an infants iron requirements. This could help to prevent iron deficiency from developing before 6 months of age.

My LO seems to kick most high up on my left, I get major ripples high up on the right and apparently his hb is low down on my left. The mw couldn't feel his spine so she reckons he's head down with his back against mine.

My sister told me about this website but I'm still not sure... https://www.spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

Hello :flower:

Thanks for the well wishes :hugs:
Funeral went as well as can be expected. MIL and her sisters were so upset it was heartbreaking :cry: Gldd its over with now.

It's been a long day and i'm knackered. Glad i'm off till Monday now. Pick up the new car tomorrow and hubby is off work all weekend :happydance::happydance: Cant wait :thumbup:

Lydia - Sounds like you had a fab time hun:thumbup:

Lia - Lucky you...i will have to wait till next week to find out if i can finish a week earlier than planned. I dont think they'll stop it but i think they need a few things and plans in place before i go...they will deffo miss me LOL

Pip - No idea what LB is? (bilirubin maybe)? I posted a suggestion about cotbed mattress when you asked last week....i think moggy did too...look back a few pages :thumbup:

Ann - Hi hun :hugs: Happy 32 weeks :happydance::happydance:

Moggy - You've been quiet...yiou ok hun?? :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back