2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Claire- I have those exact bags and they are perfect size!!!!!!

LOVE the nursery pics. Update more tomorrow, hands are killing x

Thanks guys! I love it - I'll like it even more when we get a bit more colour in there.

Ann - they are cut out of wallpaper (bought like that) - its a vintage hand-painted wallpaper with lots of birds/trees/butterflies/cherries etc on it - I'll try and take a close-up piccie tomorrow. My DH bought them for me for my birthday - he is a good boy sometimes!!!

Baby moving tons tonight, it keeps making me jump!! MIL very sweetly bought me some lovely bubble bath today, so I've had a nice soak. Waiting for DH to get home so I can have a second supper (which seems to be happening a lot these days!!).

I'm going to buy some new PJs for hospital/afterwards - any suggestions? Please bear in mind that its August/I'd like to BF. Wearing old ones for labour/birth and borrowing DHs dark coloured dressing gown (mine is pretty and I don't want to ruin it - plus it barely covers me up nowadays!!). Flip flops rather than slippers do we think?

Claire - when do you pick the car up?

Claire- I have those exact bags and they are perfect size!!!!!!

LOVE the nursery pics. Update more tomorrow, hands are killing x

Ouchies Yas - hope they feel a bit better in the morning :hugs:

defo flip flops as easier to get on/off and can wear em in the shower!

Too hot last night :cry: hands hurt and still do, have perfected the finger type though using middle finger of each hand!

MrsM that is fab with the wallpaper cut outs, unique definitely and looks amazing!

Moglet is dancing at bizarre times but more a jab than a bop - hope he sint going to do Dad dancing :oops:

Gonna beg MW to give me date to end hand misery as cant open bottles etc which causing issues, surely Mogster has to come into the equation too....?

Oh Moggy, you poor thing. Make sure you really make it VERY clear to the midwife how difficult everything is now - no being polite about it - just be blunt about how dreadful you feel/how everyday essential tasks (like feeding your son!) are becoming impossible. I really hope that she gives you a date :hugs:

I was awake from 3.30am until 6.30am - absolutely boiling in our house and I just couldn't sleep - even naked with the fan directly on me I wasn't cooling down!

Feeling a bit poo this morning, just tried on my dress for the party this evening (which I stupidly bought over a month ago) and it doesn't look very nice. My boobs have got bigger and it makes it hang really oddly, so you can see my bra from the sides of the dress because it bulges out :dohh:. DH agreed that another dress I've got looks better, so I'm wearing that instead, so no disasters, but just feeling a bit blue that I can't wear my 'pretty dress'! Oh well - it will at least give me £50 to spend on something else when I return it!

:hi: everyone,

Right, I suppose I should be starting on my bags soon before I start packing things away and won't be able to find anything. I know there are thousands of lists on here, in books and the net, but what items have you actually got in your bags? :shrug:

Hi Pip! I was going to ask the same thing - especially of those that have done this before - realistically, what do we need? Some of the lists published seem pretty short and others would need a full 2-week suitcase!!

Happy 32 weeks!!!

My thoughts exactly, MrsMils, regarding the bags.

Thanks for the wishes.

32 weeks, yay! :happydance:

will update later - sore hands and have to restake Mogsters sunflowers first....this evening will do it :thumbup: Have got it into holdall for me and nappy change bag for Moglet

Hi ladies - hope you are having an easier time of it today with all your swellings and pains :hugs: I am just exhausted.........I don't even know how long I've just been asleep for but not functioning at all :dohh:

Thankfully finished work yest for mat leave.....got some lovely gifts from work and had a super tasty chinese meal out :thumbup:

What's in my hospital bags errrrrrm so far nothing for baby or daddy lol....and for me so far:
  • Maternity pads
  • Heaps of cheap pants!
  • Cheapie flip flops
  • Couple of cheapie nighties (button front)
  • Hair band (I get hot and grumpy and want my hair out of the way)
  • Hair brush (also mini so takes up no room)
  • Shower stuff / toothbrush / toothpaste / deoderant etc (all minis so take up no room)
  • Anti-bac hand gel (I'm funny....also a mini)
  • Flannel / Spray bottle / mini fan from my handbag (I get stupidly hot and thought these might be useful to keep me cool but I may be going OTT?)

Need to put some coming home clothes in I guess, and bra's.....medication... camera..... snacks........ I think I have some lip balm in there......thought I might take a small bottle of cordial as water here can be a bit yuck? Boob pads....errrrr

Maybe I should check what is in there so far.....:haha: I just have the one bag and think baby / DH stuff will fit in there too, I guess its large sports bag sized (it is pink and purple and pretty, but was only cheap from tesco).

I can't believe there are already 3 of us on the last ticker box.

I have these bags: https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...:11674|prd:3640406&referrer=COJUN&cmpid=COJUN

I've packed the small bag with everything I will need while i'm in labour and for immediately afterwards. The big bag has everything else in, which Garry can bring up from the car after Bubs is born then it's out of the way. I'm a bit of an organisational freak... :dohh:

SMALL BAG- for labour:
*notes*
labour nightie
5x old knickers
breastfeeding bra
breastfeeding nightie
hairbrush and hairbands
flannels
cooling pads
Magicool
gum/boiled sweets/mints
straws
lansinoh
hand sanitizer
handheld fan
lib balm
face wipes
8 jumbo maternity pads
2 breast pads
deodrant
2 nappies
2 vests
1 sleepsuit
1 hat

BIG BAG- post birth:
2 new packs of cheapie Asda knickers
jumbo maternity pads
2 pairs of leggings
2 breastfeeding vests
breast pads
toiletries bag- mini shampoo/conditioner/toothbrush etc
breastfeeding pillow
1 hand, 1 bath towel
baby towel
carrier bags
1 pack of nappies (will have another pack in the car)
cotton wool
blanket
breastfeeding bras
breastfeeding nighty
phone charger
moisturiser
mascara :haha:
muslin cloths
4 baby vests
2 sleepsuits
2 rompers
socks and hat

Garrys bag will have... (not packed yet!)
camera
spare batteries
his PSP :dohh:
my ipod
toothbrush and paste
deodrant
2 tshirts
pants and socks
shorts

Wow that wallpaper is amazing! What a clever DH.

Think I need to take a trip in to town and blitz the stuff for the bag. I only have a few bits and they're all over the place.

Just got back from Whipsnade Safari Park. It was lovely but so hot and I couldn't walk much. Thank goodness my family brought their cars so they could drive me around! We saw a deer that had literally just been born (in the park part so with no help) and watched it stand for the first time! So cute.

x

must be more than 3? Hands hurt, havent forgotten hospital list and have list ready to copy onto screeen, Mogsters stories next, then chinese then list or maybe list whilst OH gets chinese...

ooooh moggy... naughty... now I want- need?!- chinese!! Garry has gone out to a bbq today (I couldn't face it) so he wont even know :rofl:

Yas I reckon my bag is similar size, DH thinks mine is 70 litres and yours says 64 :flower:

F&C safari sounds lovely!

And moggy I heart chinese.............had it last night with work though :haha:

Can you believe some people...........just had some little chavlette in the shop ask how long I had left....and when I told her the cheeky cow said to her boyfriend "god I'm glad I wasn't that big" !!!!!!!!!! My bump is measuring a week behind any she was making out like I am massive :cry::cry:

PS - bag contents looking similar Yas, I have the lasinoh and straws in there too :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->