2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Is that really mean of me to exclude them?:shrug:

I can't think of anything worse than people waiting in the hospital - not mean at all. I am lucky my family are an hour away and DHs family are maybe 20mins but if any of them suggested being there waiting I would stomp my foot too :hugs:

Pip - can't believe the move has come round so quick - I am knackering myself just pottering and tidying and unpacking here hope you are doing okay! :hugs: I wonder how costgang is getting on with the move????

My driving license arrived today - how exciting is that! I need to get our insurance updated so I can get out in the car though but the windscreen is cracked and isn't getting fixed til Friday grrrrrrrr!

Going to see my nan and grandad tonight over in Manchester, and my uncles wife Debbie. My nan has been ringing me a lot and I just got the impression that they are struggling a little and a visit might help. Our (new) builders are going great guns with the patio so if bubs doesn't appear this week at least next week I should be able to sit out in my garden again (or at least potter about the house in badly fitting clothing without fear of builders spotting me through the patio doors :haha:

Hope you're all getting on okay :flower: can't believe you are a mum Yas it is making it all seem so real now!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that really mean of me to exclude them?:shrug:

I can't think of anything worse than people waiting in the hospital - not mean at all. I am lucky my family are an hour away and DHs family are maybe 20mins but if any of them suggested being there waiting I would stomp my foot too :hugs:

Thanks hun, I felt really guilty saying it, but she winds me up at the best of times and I really don't want to have that conversation/argument when I'm in the hospital. Hopefully DH will have a think about it and then be a little more supportive...

Hope you have a nice time seeing your grandparents and your uncle's wife. I'm sure that seeing you and bump will give them all a big boost. :hugs:

I know what you mean - I actually think that Yas having her baby is what has started me feeling emotional - everything seems that much more 'real' now!

Ann - how was NCT? I did my pre-reading last night and then made DH do it when he got home, so this morning he started cracking jokes about massage to stop me tearing - hopefully he won't find it all so hysterical in the moment!!! ( I actually think he's quite scared of seeing me in labour :haha:)

Have already been in bed, but can't sleep as I can't get comfy. :(

Hope you got some sleep pip :hugs:

I am shattered but had to get up as think the builders need to come into the house at some point today to do something in the loft. But good news is patio and everything should be finished today. Woop woop!

Packed baby stuff into hosp bag last night so we are pretty well there. All I am lacking is the baby. Now where is he...........:haha:

How are you ladies doing? Hope you are getting on well with LO Yas and that this cooler weather is doing something to alleviate everyones pregnancy woes??? :hugs:

Hello buddies :flower:

Yas - Hope you and baby K are settling nicely at home :hugs:

Moggy - You ok hun....still no sing of moglet? Mum still aorund to help i hope :hugs:

Pip - Good luck with the move hun........it's something i couldnt do at this stage.....then again its a great excuse to rope some extra people to help :winkwink: Hope you managed to get some sleep :hugs:

Lydia - I dont blame you hun.......i would feel the same. What i had with Jac was 4 adults and 4 kids in the house after being home only 2 hours :wacko: All hubbys family as he coudlnt say no......it was so difficult especially as it was out first....having being in hospital for 6 days...and trying to sort baby stuff out. I have warned him this time that nobody will be coming through those doors the day i come home from hospital :growlmad: If it happens i will take the baby and myself into the bedroom and stay there till they're gone. Believe me....put your foot down.......i felt like i wanted to cry and scream at the time and felt like crap...last thing you need when home with a new baby :hugs:

Lia - Driving license :happydance::happydance: Get that insurance sorted asap...you need to drive........:hugs: Oh...and come on baby.....Lia's bag is packed and ready to go.....:haha:

Brig/Costgang/Ann - Hi ladies:flower:

I'm hoping i will be officially on Maternity Leave when i finish work tonight.....all depends how my software change goes this afternoon...wish me luck.....if it goes pearshaped i will seek a doctors note :winkwink: But i would prefer to go out the door all done and dusted iykwim. Will probably work later than usual though.
Wish me luck ladies.

xxx

I know what you mean - I actually think that Yas having her baby is what has started me feeling emotional - everything seems that much more 'real' now!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

The babies are coming!! All i'll say to you lovelies is GET PREPARED because this week has been a lot more stressful than it should have been really, just because there were still a few things I hadn't done/finished/bought etc, so it's been a bit manic trying to get organised. I kept thinking "will do it at 37 weeks" :dohh:

Day 3 of being a mummy now and we had a breastfeeding breakthrough overnight- I no longer feel like i'm starving my bubba, woooo! He is bloody gorgeous and i'm just so happy- had some sleep at last so the world seems like a much happier place :cloud9:

Am putting pics on facebook but will stick one on here later today. Garry and I are working on my birth story, too.

I'm still reading this thread but wont always get a chance to reply- but am thinking of you all loads!!! xxx

Yas - Glad everything seems to have settled for you...and the breakthough with the BF :happydance::happydance: Cant wait for pics....

xxx

Oooh Claire I hope so - we will be in there and dragging you out if not :haha: I was planning on running out of the door at 4pm on my last day and they had to prise me out an hour later :rofl:

Going to make DH ring the insurers today now he has sorted the windscreen repair out so it should be instant as they just need to update me from provisional to full and I guess send us new payment details through.

Yas - so pleased it is going well with BF, and understandably you are a bit busy to chat on here much :haha: as for getting stuff ready, I am pushing my luck. I went all the way to Manchester last night without my pregno notes or my bag...........figured if I didn't take them, maybe sods law I would go into labour :rofl:

I hit 38 weeks tomorrow and no amount of nagging is budging this baby :haha:

No problem Yas, I've amended my post. Glad you are both home and getting to know each other! I'm so jealous. x

Mrs Mils, I can't believe your MIL wants to be in the hosptial for your labour! I don't want anyone other than my DH there. I probably wont even tell the parents until I'm quite far in to the labour. Anyway, to be far, what I say goes as my DH said to me. We'll be the ones doing all the work so it's only right that we should be calling the shots.

My NCT class went really well thanks! I'm really looking forward to the next one. My DH will get taught how to massage me!!!

Claire, yey to finishing work!!!! And good luck!

Yas, your posts keep making my tear up! It's all so emotional!

I've been getting some braxton hicks that are accompanied with period/dioreah type pains. They seem to come on when I've been doing something active, so pretty much every time I get on the train after work. I know it's normal to get BH but is having them with the period pain a sign of anything? Hope I'm not overdoing things.

Love to the lot of you lovely ladies!

I've been getting some braxton hicks that are accompanied with period/dioreah type pains. They seem to come on when I've been doing something active, so pretty much every time I get on the train after work. I know it's normal to get BH but is having them with the period pain a sign of anything? Hope I'm not overdoing things.

Love to the lot of you lovely ladies!

I had this probably about the same time actually, had a day off work one morning :dohh: could be to do with overdoing it now you mention it because I'd had a manic weekend of running around and cleaning..............:wacko:

Hi everyone!

Thanks Claire - its good to know I'm not being over-dramatic and a brat about it. Really hope you're officially on mat leave as of tonight!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Yas - I'm so excited for you!!! So pleased you've had a BF breakthrough and are feeling better after a sleep. I'm just so excited - as odd as it sounds - I just can't get over the fact that we're actually having real babies now!!!!

Lia - hee hee - I thought about that yesterday, if I don't get ready/take notes etc then LO is bound to arrive and surprise us!

Pip - did you get any sleep in the end?

I had NCT last night which was good, a lovely bunch of people, I felt a little like being at school again as we had lots of 'group activities'. The one thing that has put me in a real spin is that one of the ladies works at our hospital - she's desperate for a home birth, which doesn't speak too highly of the hospital! DH and I were both v keen on a home birth when we first got pregnant, as our midwife is very pro them, but convinced ourselves that we'd rather not because we're a fair was from the hospital and I don't think my pain threshold is very high and think I'll probably end up wanting an epidural! But now we're both pondering the idea again. Apparently only half of the labour rooms have a toilet and you don't have much chance of using the birthing pool either... The one thing I really wanted was to labour in the pool as I'm a real water baby (I know that I'm unlikely to be able to give birth in the pool, but was ok with that).

Hiya Ann! Oooh - I have no idea whether its a sign of anything, but fingers crossed!! How many days of work left now?

Glad NCT went well, good news on the massage, I'd suggest that he gets a lot of practice in on you before labour!!

I know what you mean about Yas' posts making you emotional - I'm exactly the same, I've cried several times!

15 including today! I've just got it in my head he's going to be early so guess am already looking for signs! We went to the cinema (which I'm never doing again so heavily pregnant) and I kept getting them and starting imagining my waters going and not being able to get out without anyone noticing!!

Awww Yas he is lovely - just been snooping on fb as well, absolutely adorable xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->