2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

YAY Moggy and Moglet!!!!
And I agree with Pip!! No sign of contractions, waters breaking and all of a sudden this morning Moglet is here!!!

xo

Afternoon ladies,

MW appointment yesterday. Went well although I did get the impression from the MW that she thinks LO might be a bit earlier than his due date. He is measuring 39cm, but she thinks that could also be due to the fact that his bottom is sticking out. :) Heartbeat, BP and urine were fine, next appointment is in two weeks.

Went shopping today for some bits that we still needed, got the Bed mats, Mat towels, Nursing vest, Feminine wipes, nightie and pyjamas.

Since noone has replied to the birth plan question, does that mean that noone has written one yet?

Hi...... :flower:

it's quiet in here these days :coffee: hope you're all ok?

Moggy - Hope you and the moggy's are doign ok with the new little man in your life....check in when you cna and dont forget photos :winkwink:

Brig - Love the avatar bump pic :thumbup:

Yas - Glad to hear K is putting on weight nicely and booby juice is doing the job :thumbup:

Ann/Pip/Lydia/Costgang - :hugs:

Had last MW apptmt yesterday...all was good...so next apptmt will be my pre-op day before csection. The day started off good but ended being $hit.
All down to work...cant be bothered going to details as it'll get me down and upset again...but basically advertising a job that should be mine but putting me in a position that i cnat apply for it.....job opened friday and closed yesterday...has to be full time and need the successful applicant to travel to the US in 3 weeks time :dohh: So the job has basically been given to someone else in the US site which is virtually closing down (as transfer of manufacture has moved to our site)....to basically keep him in a job especially as the dept manager came over from the US and is one of his closest friends. Am sorry for his situation but i am the best person for the job but because of a being on leave and all that [email protected] is how it turns out. :growlmad: So pissed off...but have decided to forget about it after this rant so i can focus on the familly....
Rant over....

xxx

Claire, sorry to hear about your stupid work still giving you a headache although you are not even there at the moment. :hugs: Can you not see someone regarding this issue as it looks like discrimination to me if you are the best person for the job, but it wasn't advertised when you were there and is worded in such a way that it leaves you out? Maybe something to think about. Maybe MrsMils can help a little?

Gorgeous bump pic, Brig. Sorry if this sounds dim, but how did you do that? I mean the pic is black and white, but the ribbon isn't? :shrug:

Since noone has replied to the birth plan question, does that mean that noone has written one yet?

Hey hun......

I'm having a csection so i dont have one....so not much use. I did a very basic one with Jac....am glad cos nobody took any notice of it really (my MW or hospital MW - I did it more so that hubby knew the basics in case i was out of it).

This is what mine had (i think LOL)

Birth Partners - Hubby only
Pain relief - Gas & Air, and Diamporphine. Would also consider Epidural.
Cord Cutting - To be cut by Midwife
BF or FF - Baby to be Formula Fed
Vitamin K - Oraly

And that was pretty much it...i wouldnt go too indepth or definite on certain things as i think you need to keep an open mind...especially when it comes to pain relief.

Sorry i wasnt much help :hugs:

xx

Sorry Pip I must have missed your question about the birth plan!? :-(
I wrote mine last week and I'd be happy to share if you like.
Also, I edited my bump pic with photoshop. I have been editing pictures for the last couple of years and that's one of my fav. things to do. If there is a pic you'd like edited I'd gladly do it for you! :flower:

Claire: Sorry to hear that your job is stressing you out. :-( I think it's a good plan to just shut them out of your mind and focus on family!:thumbup:

So yesterday I hardly got up off the couch. I watch TV...edited some bump pictures that my friend took on sunday. Still lots more to edit, but doing a few each day. I have been so tired lately...weird dreams at night then I can't get back to sleep. again this morning I was up at 5:30 am and never got back to sleep. And I told a friend I's meet her and her two little boys at a play group so I could see what it was all about. Now I just got back and I am in such need of a nap!

Can't wait to hear an update on Moggy and Moglet!!

Hope all you ladies are having a good day. It is pretty quiet lately!

xo

What's your view on Vitamin K, ladies? Orally or by injection and why?

Hmmm...that's one thing I didn't include in my plan. I don't really know much about it...Maybe it's time I read up on it?

Brig, it would be great if I could have a peek at your birth plan. I took this as a template and changed it according to my needs: https://www.hippbabyclub.co.uk/cms_images/DHSpdf_00000004.pdf

I might take you up on your offer with the pics. ;) We do have Photoshop too, but I am just not very good at it. :blush:

Sure Pip!
I will PM you and attach a copy of my Birth Plan! :)
and let me know if you want a couple of edits!

xo

Hi everyone!

Been off visiting family today and had a day out yesterday - 3 meals out - lucky me!!!

Claire - thats really crappy. It does sound like you may have a bit of a discriminatory case, they should have been VERY careful because you're on mat leave. Did they contact you about the job or did you find out about it through colleagues? The criteria that they have given means that you cannot apply (the main one being the travel in 3 weeks time), but the full-time aspect shouldn't have ruled you out, you should be able to be given the opportunity. It sounds very much like they are trying to be a bit clever and not make it open to you. I would give ACAS (government funded employment helpline for employers and employees) a quick call on their helpline, its free - 08457 47 47 47, they are really good at dealing with queries and will give you an idea as to whether your company can get away with what they're trying to do.

Pip - We're still doing our birth plan, I'll e-mail it to you when its done, but the main things that I've put down are that I want to be handed the baby for skin to skin (unless health reasons dictate otherwise), and that I don't want pethedine - I'd rather go straight for an epidural if I need more pain relief following gas and air.

Brig - the pics are gorgeous!

Has anyone had any more news from Moggy - do we know if she's home yet? I hope everything is well with Moglet.

Right - off to NCT now, see you guys later x

Nope we haven't done a birth plan yet either.

Claire, that really sucks about the job. Very unfair.

Brigitte, I'm loving the new photos!!

:hi: to everyone else! xx

I've already posted my birth plan, did you see it?
I actually never took it in the end as I hadn't printed it out! But I told my midwife what I wanted and she wrote it down and followed it all.

I went for oral vit K as there was reports of a tiny chance of problems from the injection if I remember rightly..

Thanks for your support...means a lot to me Ann/Brig/Pip :hugs:

Pip - Vit K....oral is in 2 doses (3 if you BF) and vaccine wise i think is a one off - there are controvertial views on both...but isnt there with everything :wacko:. I decided with oral for Jac as i felt he would be subjected to so many other vaccines down the line that it would be nice not to have one as a newborn :shrug: ...and i would have felt cruel iykwim....Jac was fine with the oral stuff so doing the same for #2.

Lydia - I thought i might have had somethign too... but i looked on the net last night and from what i can find it seems that private sector seem to be able to do what they want. I was contacted by my line manager yesterday....(work colleague told me on Monday :shrug:)...he did say they would give me a few days extension if i wanted to apply...so that would cover their ar$$es on that....but how the hell can i make a decision to go back full time now when i havent had #2 yet ( as i said it would have been something i would have considered)......i mentioned the travel to him and timing and all he said was that if i applied that i had to mention it in the covering letter :shrug:
After talking to hubby last night and getting all upset about it i decided that i wanst going to apply (Line manager called today and i confirmed this)....what's the point if the Senior manager wants his mate instead....deep down i would prefer part time anyway.....and i really dont want the stress and grief to be honest...in applying now and when i go back. It's spurred me on to think more seriously about going back to study full time in a few years time when Jac and #2 are around 3-5 yrs old. Its somethign i have talked about. Fed up with the place now :cry:
Sorry to have gone on and on.....will see how i feel tomorrow...i might still call the help line to see what they say....
The only thing is...dont know if i have the energy to fight this...especially as i will still be sorting out ex-husband financial stuff for the foreseable too....hmmmm

Yas, I did find your birth plan when searching back for it. Thanks. I seem to remember reading something about a risk with the injection too.

Afternoon ladies,

MW appointment yesterday. Went well although I did get the impression from the MW that she thinks LO might be a bit earlier than his due date. He is measuring 39cm, but she thinks that could also be due to the fact that his bottom is sticking out. :) Heartbeat, BP and urine were fine, next appointment is in two weeks.

Completely forgot to mention that she also said that LO is fully engaged and in a perfect position for birth as he is anterior. :happydance:

I'm debating whether to get cream or yellow muslin squares. Just can't decide. Am wondering if the cream ones can be washed hotter than the yellow ones? Argh, I just don't know. :shrug:

I'm debating whether to get cream or yellow muslin squares. Just can't decide. Am wondering if the cream ones can be washed hotter than the yellow ones? Argh, I just don't know. :shrug:
Go for yellow...they look much nicer once they've been used. I got the 12pk white ones with Jac- muct say they are a godsend but they do look a bit yucky now...so i have so more in yellow and they're much nicer :thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->