2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Miss you too Claire! Hope you're well, not long to go now hey?! How exciting!!:happydance:

Moggy & Ann, maybe you could do two charms on one necklace? A smaller heart and a bigger heart perhaps?

I'm now off for a long soak in the bath...:cloud9:

Morning ladies,

Hope you are all well. Need to catch up shortly, but was just wondering. What is everyone doing about bathing? There are so many different baths out there...any recommendations?

Thanks Yas, will work on some keyring ideas.

We've been told the best place to bath the baby when it's a new born is the kitchen sink. We haven't got a baby bath yet, although I think a friend is dropping one round today for us.

We have a tummy tub and K absolutely LOVES it! It's so good for his wind too- he's usually screaming by the time we put him in it, and every single time he instantly stops crying and starts making content, happy noises :) it's also dead easy to use- fill up in 1 minute, bring in living room, and you're away.

Oh and before his bath every night he has 'nappy free time' on one of these: https://www.borndirect.com/P69/Pop-in_Change_Mat_Deluxe?v1=Duck+Egg+(blue) and I really recommend them... he's on it for anywhere between 5- 20 minutes depending on how he feels, and he always wees at least 3 times so it's worth it! :D

Hi everyone! Hope you're all feeling well this morning.

We've got a bath support that my MIL bought us but thats it. Our NCT lady said that it is usually far easier to bath the baby when you're in the bath too?! I'm not sure logistically how possible this is though? I did see a baby bath that fits over the top of a bath like ours (old roll-top style), so we wouldn't have to lean over as far, which looks pretty useful?

Yas - I saw those, are they easy to actually wash them in or does K just like playing in it?! I like the idea of the mat too - I saw them before and thought that we'll definitely get one, particularly if we have a boy (if we have a girl we might just see how we get on with just on a towel?

Got midwife this afternoon, is anyone else finding that time is going soooooo slowly?

Hi Yas,

I have seen these tubs before and thought they looked really good. Do you know how long they can be used for before LO is too big for them? :shrug:

I don't really wash him.. I squirt in some bath milk to keep his skin soft and then just hold him so he can relax in it! He's not 'dirty' anyway if you know what I mean?

The nappy free mats would be pointless for a girl but they are a godsend for boys!!!

Pip i'm not sure, my friend who gave it to me used it till her daughter was 5 months but she's a BIG baby!! :D

Oh and before his bath every night he has 'nappy free time' on one of these: https://www.borndirect.com/P69/Pop-in_Change_Mat_Deluxe?v1=Duck+Egg+(blue) and I really recommend them... he's on it for anywhere between 5- 20 minutes depending on how he feels, and he always wees at least 3 times so it's worth it! :D

I am hoping for LO to have nappy-free time, but I hadn't even thought of that. :dohh:

We lie Jack on a towel and put a flannel over his bits - works pretty much the same way :shrug: We did the same for Mogster.

As for bath we have a plain white baby bath from Jl and we bath him in that in the base of the shower and Mogster has his big boy bath at the same time in the big bath.

:hi: Claire glad youre back!

Thanks Moggy. I suppose that would do the job as well.

I have sent some PM's to DeDe, but haven't heard back from her. Hope she's okay. I know that she had problems with the internet and could only access it from work. I'll send her another nudge just to make sure she's okay.

Can't believe that there will be at least another two babies next week...

Oooh I hope I'm one of them!

Did I tell you ladies that I also got diagnosed with blimen Carpel Tunnel Syndrome? It's not too bad to be honest, although in the mornings it's pretty darn painful.

I am really keen on getting one of those tubs Yas. I'm pretty sure someone said they'd lend us theirs but I've forgotten who it was. Whoops.

Thanks Moggy. My MW suggested splints but I struggle to turn over in the night anyway so I'm not sure whether they'll help overall. Plus I'm hopefully near the end now! x

Does or did anyone feel pain in their lower regions? :blush: It is difficult to describe, but I feel it when spreading my legs when getting up from the sofa or bed and sometimes even when turning over at night.

stretching in preparation Pip, all normal :thumbup: It will feel bruised afterwards down there as well but not often til a day or two after (unless you have a slim baby say 6lb odd)

The splints do help a lot, although I fould it more comfortable to wear only one as on both hands I felt a bit handcuffed :wacko:

Still on the phone for now... Dont get a minutes peace with jac so need to check security stuff on the laptop after hes gone to bed tonight.... Then well be all systems go..... Woopie. Will catch up properly later:hugs:

Oh me and lydia 38 weeks today:happydance::happydance:

and a maximum 9 sleeps till we meet our baby:cloud9:

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back