2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Oh Yas sweetheart - little K needs his mum on form more than he needs the booby milk doesn't he - mega hugs :hugs: you have had so much thrown at you and done really well you should be proud of what you've done missy!

Claire - really glad the pram is working out for you :thumbup: I went out for the first time on my own with the b-smart yesterday (not a car-seat quickie lol) and it was great.

Brig - so pleased about the weight gain GO PEYTON GO!!!!!!

And Lydia and Ann..........loving Moggys response suggestions, can't believe people don't get how impatient you are when overdue and ask ridiculous questions :dohh: your babies are just baking til they are perfect, so they are still in the best place I guess. and you can have the last bits of couple time whilst they keep you waitiing :hugs:

Yas - please don't feel down about it :hugs: - you've given him so many weeks of it anyway, and loads of babies absolutely thrive when FF (including my nephew, who is such a little chunk and much healthier than his BF brother! You did so well to carry on for so long with everything that you've had wrong, your heath is paramount, K won't be a happy baby if you're not happy and healthy:nope:.

Thanks for all of the support girlies it really does make the world of difference to know that someone understands and cares, thank you :flower:. Every morning I wake up and am SO disappointed that nothing has happened, despite all of my best efforts, I think if I had some sort of sign that things were on their way then I'd be more positive, but I'm already resigning myself to being induced, has anyone got any positive induction stories? :shrug: All I know is that it means I'll be hooked up to drips and that its likely to be more painful?

Moggy, your responses are brilliant, I may well try some today!!:haha:

Claire, glad you love the buggy, I hope Ana's issues get better asap :thumbup:

Lydia - I think the only reason I found my contractions were too painful for me was the fact I'd been started off and then not had a room available in labour ward til about 30 hours later. So I had been having random contractions through that time. And I was shattered due to not being able to sleep in hosp..........so I say keep your energy up hun and you'll be fine :hugs:

I think of my birth very positively now, but I opted for the epidural as I was having an 'immobile' birth anyway hooked up to the drip and hooked up to the monitor due to my waters breaking early. If I had been able to move about I might have tried other pain relief options, gas and air had been working well for me which I didn't expect.

Rest up lots - you might not be induced anyway but it doesn't have to be a negative thing so don't worry!!!! I hope this came out right, I am so pants at trying to say what I mean! :hugs:

Aww Yas, I think you've made the right decision re the BF. I'm impressed you kept at it for so long :hugs:

Loving the suggested replies Moggy! I might give them a go!

I really thought things were kicking off last night as I was getting regular contractions but as soon as I laid down they stopped. He felt sooo low as well but now he doesn't.. not sure if babies can move back up again?

if anything seems to start try to stay upright as gravity will be your friend! :thumbup:

Yas - if your decision is right for you and your family then its the right decision! I know only one other mummy unfortunate enough to get thrush then mastitis and she too turned to bottlefeeding and both she and her son never looked back. Make sure you stay on top of the expressing to beat the mastitis, enjoy the relief and some K cuddles! Also recommend leaving G and K to have boys evening so you can get out wiv da girls and get you some ME time. You deffo deserve it, if you dont feel like it yet then go for some Daddy time for YOU with YOUR Daddy!

Cmon babies! - give me your best responses :rofl: love you guys cos you keep me sane! :hugs: :friends:

Yas- huge hugs hun.....do whats best for you hun. A happy mummy means a happy baby regardless of being FF or BF :hugs:

Moggy- how cute that mogster has a skateboard :winkwink: bet he looks so proud on it lol

Ann- it sounds like your body is getting ready:thumbup:

Lydia- i have a few mummy friends with positive inductions so dont worry...dont think too far ahead though as this baby could decide to come amy time now:hugs:

Glad to report Ana isnt constipated anymore.... We had a load of gripes last night though but i hope it was down to the body clearing itself out iykwim. If the bottom wind and gripes dont go ill try changing to the dr brown bottles which did the trick with Jac. Otherwise were ok and loving being a family of 4 :cloud9:

Xxx

Thanks everyone, I don't feel as sad about it as I expected to? :shrug: Guess because I know I worked my tits off (literally!) to get to here. I could keep going now, everything is healing and we had a lovely nice routine going on but I just don't want to. Plus am back to college :)happydance:) next week so would rather not spend my breaks expressing in the toilet anyway...

In other news, I hadn't mentioned it till now cos think I was a bit shellshocked... Garry left me when K was 10 days old :cry: literally out of nowhere- too much responsibility for him and off he sodded. Came back two weeks later with his tail between his legs saying he loves us both but doesn't know if he wants to be with me. Since then he's been here 2 or 3 days a week to spend time with me and K but he's still unsure- I feel so in limbo because we're acting like we always do, perfectly happy, but we're not 'together' we're on a break. :nope: It's only just starting to really sink in...

That, coupled with the infections i've been fighting, one which had me back in hospital, and just learning to cope alone with a baby... has been one hell of a tough ride. But you know what? I'm ok- Kia makes it ok- it's been the longest six weeks EVER and yet not one bit of depression at all. Yay me, yay Kia for being such a lovely incentive to keep it at bay, yay happiness so pure that all the other heart aching stuff doesn't seem as bad as it would have before he came in my life- I feel like there's a little bubble around me now that only K is in, and nothing else really touches me as much?

Also recommend leaving G and K to have boys evening so you can get out wiv da girls and get you some ME time. You deffo deserve it, if you dont feel like it yet then go for some Daddy time for YOU with YOUR Daddy!

:hugs::hugs::hugs: love you Moggy!! you always say the right stuff :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Would never leave Kia yet unnecessarily just because i'm already utterly wracked with guilt about going back to college next week... I never finished my course when I fell preggo, I had to drop out cos of the morning sickness that never ended. So i'm doing it again- nine months of 2.5 days a week away from Kia.... eeeep... but when i've got it, it's done and then I can go to uni at long last :thumbup: am only going because Garry is having him for one day, and my dad for the other, and both have agreed to bring him to the college for my lunchbreak too. It'll be so worth it... and nice to have a bit of the old me that isn't all babybabybaby... but god, it's gonna be a hard year.

Bloody hell Yas, I had no idea you were having such a tough time. Are you ok with the idea of him not being about? I cannot believe he walked out when K was only 10 days old! That is truly shocking.

Claire, that's great news about Ana's bum!

We were going to go out for a walk today but I now just want to hibernate. I'm so tired but can't sleep and am now feeling miserable. I know I should be making the most of this time but it's just so hard when you are constantly on guard and having to put up with texts/messages asking if there's any news. Our neighbour's the worst. When ever one of us leaves the house she happens to open her door to put the recycling out or something similar and then makes a comment about the baby still not being here. Agghhh

Sorry to keep moaning!

Massive hugs Yas hun :hugs: whatever Garry decides to do, Kia will always have his mummy and will never lack for love :hugs: you have worked your socks (or tits, as you say :haha:) off for him already.

Will be good for you going back to study and having some non-baby time. I had a couple of hours to myself today and although it wasn't much I felt really good for it. Definitely need to do it more.

I wish I could give you a bit fat hug - you are a star hun you really are doing so well :hugs:

Yas - nobody said it would be easy but I can promise you it will be worth it :hugs: If you need owt just catch us on here or text :friends: What uni course do you fancy? Think you could have a Daddy day - you and K and Grandpa two men who will never let you down :cloud9:

Yas :hugs::hugs::hugs:
I had no idea of all the things you had going on. So proud of you for all that you are doing. Kia is so lucky to have an extraordinary mummy like you.

Sometimes I so wish we were all in the same town... :hugs:
xo

Yas - oh my goodness, you're so strong to have kept going through all of that, you're amazing! K has the best Mummy, you should be incredibly proud of yourself, sending you HUGE hugs:hugs: Please come on here and vent/get angry/worry etc whenever you need to, we're all here to try and help.

College will be fantastic and just the thing you need to concentrate on when you need a bit of baby-free time. I have such huge admiration for you being able to do something like that so soon after having a baby.

Ann - I hope you're feeling a bit better this evening, did you manage to get out for a walk? We went for one and the baby felt really heavy and low etc afterwards, but then nothing since then (surprise surprise!). Are you still getting lots of BH's? I really hope you get going soon :hugs:

MIL drove me mad this evening (she was on pretty good form last night and supper wasn't too bad), yesterday, when discussing names (and we said that we were keeping our current favourites secret) I said that my absolute favourite name for a girl was x, but DH didn't want that for our first so if we had another girl then we'd use that. Anyway, we gave them a lift to a concert this evening and she piped up with "I've been thinking..." and proceeded to tell me that she though that that name was a bit of a mouthful with our surname and if the baby had a lisp it wouldn't work:growlmad:. I was so shocked that she had the cheek to tell me when I'd said it was my favourite name and we were probably going to use it in the future! So I just retorted with "Well, thats exactly why we're not telling you what we're going to name the baby - we don't need reactions like that!" I was very proud of myself! I think my patience really is thinning...!!:haha:

Claire - great news with Ana!

Has anyone heard from DeDe? And how about Costgang? I hope Sophie is out and better.

Lia, Pip and Moggy - how are the babies?!! I hope you're all having a nice weekend. Thanks for the positives on inductions, I know I'm worrying very prematurely, but I like to be prepared/know what I'm in for! If I did have to be induced the MIL would be on holiday and would miss it all (she goes on the 11th and gets back on the 18th), I didn't want her to miss it, but now I'm feeling a little less pressure:blush:.

xo

Brig - I know what you mean, how nice would it be if we could all meet and have a natter every couple of weeks?! :hugs: How is Peyton doing? Any more piccies?! Did you get the AD yet?

xo

Brig - I know what you mean, how nice would it be if we could all meet and have a natter every couple of weeks?! :hugs: How is Peyton doing? Any more piccies?! Did you get the AD yet?

So far so good with Peyton! Can't wait to see if she has gained again by Tuesday! And this little lady already has so many pictures taken of her in2 weeks it's crazy! I'll attach a couple :)

No AD so far...what about grape KoolAid??

xo

Attachments

• CIMG4638.jpg
    CIMG4638.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG4644.jpg
    CIMG4644.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG4655.jpg
    CIMG4655.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 5
Aww - look at all of her hair!! She's so cute!!! Thanks for the picture, seeing all of your babies on here keeps me going - I'm going to have one of them soon!!!

No KoolAid so far, but our post here is pretty rubbish! If the AD doesn't arrive (I was worried about customs), my parents are going to Nova Scotia in October, so I'll get them to post some when they're in the country.

Yas - :hug::hug::hug: You've been through so much hun...one thing though...if you can survive all this in the 1st 6 weeks of K's life (and you have :thumbup:) you can survive and pull through absolutely anything :hugs: Shows how strong you are hun. Like others have said...get some daddy time and get spoiled...nobody deserves it more :hugs: I hope you and Gary sort things either way soon so you can move on with whatever you decide....i think you need to for both you and K's sake.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->