2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Wow Peyton has already grown so much! I can see a massive difference! She is utterly gorgeous Brigitte.

Lydia, no we didn't get to go out unfortunately. My dh had a brief spell of being pee-ed off as he wanted to cook and it just made me dip massively in to a downer. Then all I wanted to do was hibernate and lie on the sofa feeling sorry for myself! lol! Tbh yesterday I just gave up trying to get this baby out. Off to my folks' for lunch which will be nice. We hadn't planned anything for this weekend so it's nice to have something to look forward to.

I did keep waking up between midnight and 4am last night with cramps/BHs but they didn't lead to anything other than a tired Ann with what I think is the beginnings of a migraine as my vision has gone strange. Still my sweep is booked in for tomorrow!

Lydia, did you say yours was also tomorrow?

Yas, I agree with the others that you are utterly strong and amazing and that it would be so nice if we could all meet up. Brigitte... is the UK a bit of a commute for you with a new born?! :hugs:

xx

Morning ladies,

Yas, huge :hugs: to you. You are one very strong woman. Keep it up! :thumbup: And as the others said we are always here if you need us.

And I absoutely agree that it would be great if we all lived in the same area.

Just a quick message while our little man is humming his wee songs...:cloud9:

Can anyone give me a quick hand with the calculation of my SMP? I originally planned for my Mat Leave to start on 2nd September, all the days before were annual leave and Bank Holidays etc. I agreed with my work that should the LO be here before the due date, they would pay me my holidays. With him being born on 24.08., I think SMP will start 25.08. Taking the Bank Holiday into consideration, how many days holiday do you think I should get paid?

And as someone asked for some more baby pics...

Attachments

• P1010189 Small.jpg
    P1010189 Small.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010228 Small.jpg
    P1010228 Small.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
Hi Pip. How many days of holiday do you still have this year? Are they allowing you to carry over? I took all of my holiday before my mat leave kicked in - you don't have to start the mat leave automatically as soon as baby arrives, you could use up all of your holiday first? The BH shouldn't count as a day's holiday. Sorry - I'm a bit confused, preggo brain isn't letting me think logically! I was under the impression that once mat leave starts, you don't get paid anything extra for BH's? I could well be wrong though!:shrug:

Love the photos!! He's so gorgeous!!:cloud9:

Ann - aww, I hate the feeling when you just want to curl up and sulk, I'm having a bit of a morning like that, I still haven't bothered to get dressed! Hope you're feeling perkier today:thumbup:. Have a lovely lunch out, nothing like seeing your parents to cheer you up! I also really hope it hasn't turned into a migraine, I think a migraine would be the end of my sanity at the moment:wacko:

Sweep booked for Tuesday, so a detailed run-down (if you don't mind!!:blush:) of what is involved would be appreciated tomorrow evening (obviously in between the contractions that you'll be having as a result of the sweep!!):haha:

Hi Pip. How many days of holiday do you still have this year? Are they allowing you to carry over? I took all of my holiday before my mat leave kicked in - you don't have to start the mat leave automatically as soon as baby arrives, you could use up all of your holiday first? The BH shouldn't count as a day's holiday. Sorry - I'm a bit confused, preggo brain isn't letting me think logically! I was under the impression that once mat leave starts, you don't get paid anything extra for BH's? I could well be wrong though!:shrug:

I think I started off with 22 days holidays. My last day at work was 30/07. I thought Mat Leave and SMP automatically start the day after baby is born if baby arrives before the due date? I thought since you accumulate holidays (and Bank Holidays) when you are on Mat Leave, they count as a holiday and since my employer agreed to pay me for my holidays, I would get paid for that day. :shrug:

And while I was in the shower yesterday, there was a delivery of flowers for us from OH's work, which was a really lovely gesture. Have a look...

Attachments

• P1010232 Small.jpg
    P1010232 Small.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4
:thumbup: I love those thistles!

Maybe we should all go to the central meeting point for a combined first birthday party holiday....trouble is think its mid atlantic and no land :dohh:

Pip - sorry, I'm not very good at getting words out at the moment! What I meant is that BH should count as an extra day - so yes, you should get paid for that day I think? I'm confused about when it starts now, but if your employer said that they'd pay you for the holiday thats unused anyway then hopefully it won't be a problem. Perhaps one of the non-preggo's can count up for you, I really can't get my head straight at the moment!! Sorry!

Flowers are beautiful, thats so kind of them!

A sweep is basically... fingers go in, and she feels around till she finds your cervix, then 'sweeps' with her fingers quickly and gently presses her fingers round the edges of it to get it to open up. It takes less than a minute and shouldn't be painful and is definitely less so than a smear as no instruments up there. :)

Pip, S is soooooo fricking cute. Love his hair!!
Brig, I keep looking at photo of Peyton on facebook.. she's so gorgeous, I love her little hair and expressions!!

Love you guys! Thanks for all the kindness xxxx

Gorgeous pics Pic!!

LOL Lydia, yes I will most definitely update you in between my big ole contractions! lol Hope you are feeling a bit happier today hun :hugs:

Moggy yes I think meeting in between will be a bit wet! Unless we meet on a boat?! xx

I've just got back from a big old walk so I had better go in to labor tonight! lol xx

Anyone have a friend with a yacht complete with landing strip :dohh:

How late are these babies now? C'mon babies we need more birth stories and cute pictures of newnew newborns :happydance:

Think I am caught up ladies - so it would appear we are looking for a boat in the middle of the ocean for a party?? Will check my address book :rofl: would be nice to be able to have a cuppa together lol :coffee:

Loving the pics of A and P! Too cute :cloud9:

Sending all the labour dust I can muster for these straggling babies!!!!!

Nothing from costgang / dede?

Planning to start expressing a little soon so Ash can do some of the feeds - no idea where to start, how much do they even need?? :shrug:

You may have spotted on fb that Dylan did the local hospice charity walk on Sun :haha: last year we did the 12 mile walk, and MIL wanted us to all do the 20 mile one this year but thankfully :rofl: Dylan came along. The routes aren't great for buggies so Ash wore him in the wrap and we did the 2.5 miles. Dylan was the youngest walker haha so they did him a certificate :blush:

Hope you are all good :hugs:

Morning!:flower:

Once again, no news from me.... I must have spent 6 hours on that damn gym ball yesterday and nothing. I got a couple of BH and that was it. Getting seriously fed up now, not helped by the fact that I've been up since 3am for no apparent reason?! Just can't sleep.:nope:

Hopefully Ann will have some better news after her sweep today?:thumbup:

Well done to Dylan - he'll love that certificate when he's older! Phew that you didn't have to do 20 miles!!

Yes - somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic then, hmm... :dohh: It would indeed be wonderful to all meet for their 1st birthdays, even if some couldn't make it there is always skype? Already voting for various AD combinations and desserts as the catering!!:rofl:

P&F, they need about 150ml for every kg. So if the baby is e.g. 3.5kg, it needs 525ml per day. Depending on how often you feed, if you feed every 4 hours, it is 6 feeds a day, makes it 87.5ml per feed. I got this information from the breastfeeding book recommended by Moggy.

MrsMils, you never know this might be the start of things. I was more uncomfortable than usual the night before S was born, but didn't make anything of it and the morning after my waters broke. Fingers crossed for you. ;)

What are you ladies planning on doing regarding contraception? I was given some info and condoms in the hospital, but am not quite sure what we will be doing, so it doesn't interfere with the BF. :shrug:

What are you ladies planning on doing regarding contraception? I was given some info and condoms in the hospital, but am not quite sure what we will be doing, so it doesn't interfere with the BF. :shrug:

Abstinence, but hubby is fighting me on it :growlmad:

Midwife recommended I chat to the nurse @ my gps to get all the info as I had been on the pill so long I don't really know much about the others :shrug:

Abstinence, but hubby is fighting me on it :growlmad:

Midwife recommended I chat to the nurse @ my gps to get all the info as I had been on the pill so long I don't really know much about the others :shrug:

Same here. Well not with the abstinence, but the bit about the pill. I think the MW in the hospital mentioned that the minipill was okay when BF'ing, need to read up on it, I suppose.

with mogster I BF on the pill - it was a green packet one :wacko: cant recall the name but GP will be able to help you, this time OH is having snip! We will use condoms or pill in between now and all clear, plan to sort pill at 6 week check - have 40 mins to fill else! He has seen doc and now awaiting referral to hospital, not sure if they will do op before J is one though....:shrug:

Wow K was 7 weeks yesterday, D is 5 weeks, J is 4 weeks today, P was 2 weeks yesterday and S/S 2 weeks tomorrow, A is too later this week! OMG! Any news from Dede?

Had a thought about boats in middle of oceans - they call them aircraft carriers or cruiseships :haha: Just need a helicoptor or seaplane to get to it - dont think fighter jets have space for all the pallaver a baby needs (they are quicker though) :rofl:

Looking forward to hearing from F&C about her sweep...:coffee:

To the breastfeeding mummies: How often do or did you feed your little ones at about two weeks old during the day?

At night, S feeds about every three hours and sleeps the rest of the time, but during the day, he doesn't drink as much in one go and only settles for shorter periods. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->