2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

:happydance: Just clicked over to FB and saw your post :thumbup: Well done both of you!

J was 12lb6oz - he put on an ounce less than a pound :wacko: No wonder Im off to buy 3-6 vets at the weekend!

Could always lean on the baby chair and switch the vibrate function on - or have a snooze with it on your boobs :haha:

C'mon babies we want to see you!

:happydance: Just clicked over to FB and saw your post :thumbup: Well done both of you!

Thank you - couldn't get back to sleep myself at 4am as I'd had so much :rofl:

J was 12lb6oz - he put on an ounce less than a pound :wacko: No wonder Im off to buy 3-6 vets at the weekend!

Wowweeee go little man!!!! Top milking lol! I am starting to look at the 0-3 stuff on him and thinking it won't last as long as I thought - where do they get these age ranges from??????????

Could always lean on the baby chair and switch the vibrate function on - or have a snooze with it on your boobs :haha:

C'mon babies we want to see you!

Love it :rofl:

Age ranges are random I think as they vary shop to shop :wacko: To put it in perspective Mogster is wearing 4-5 tops and 2-3 bottoms - he is 3! He even has a 6-9month tank top that still fits :dohh:

Blimey Moggy - how quick is he growing??!!:happydance:

Saw midwife, she's booked me in for an induction on Monday (they were too busy on Tuesday). Said I can have a sweep on Friday if I like, either at a different surgery or at home if not, giving the baby another couple of days to try and turn, but its very far down in my pelvis, so even she didn't seem that positive. So I'll see osteo tomorrow, but so far, nothing is working and I'm still all limbs to the front. DH has made me a little 'all fours' chair, with an armchair turned around and lots of cushions, but my poor knees are so sore already that I'd rather stand... Feeling pretty blue tonight. Feel like I've completely given up on going into labour naturally now.:cry:

Thanks Lydia for updating everyone. How do you feel about your induction date? FX the little one will move well before then.

So, as Lydia kindly updated you all, I had a bloody show this morning. Sorry for the detail but I felt a big lump pass through me and when I looked in the loo it was a big lump of yuck with blood in it. I did get all excited but apparently it could just be because of the internal yesterday and therefore not mean too much. Since then I've been getting brown discharge, like just before your period starts. No cramps or anything though so I don't think anything will happen for a while if it does. FX it does though!

My dh and I were just getting our head round the fact it was probably a long way off so this has messed with our heads a bit and now I just don't know what to think.

My MW left a message on my mobile this morning saying they can't do a sweep on Thursday which is when it should be but she's booked me in for Friday instead. Also she has booked me in for an induction. This should be full term + 12 days which would be Tuesday but they are too blimen busy that week so rather than let me go really overdue they want to bring the induction forward to Saturday!!!! I personally feel that is too early.. I'll only be a week and 2 days overdue. I'm worried that if I refuse it though, they won't have any availability for me for ages. My MW is off this week so she told me if I had any concerns to speak to the hospital when I go in for my sweep on Friday.

Hopefully things will happen over night but I'm a little doubtful.

I can't believe they want to induce me so early. It will only give me a day to see if my 2nd sweep will work. I think we'll be turning it down so FX they will be able to book me in later.

x

try out the vibrating bouncer - in a comfy chair with chocs etc and OH giving you a foot rub - maybe theres a reflexology point he might hit?

You have my sympathies but never know it could be tomorrow...make it to Wednesday and you go past my wait so will be willing you to have baby cos I recall how uncomfortable I got - you dont have to be induced if you dont want though, hospital can monitor you via scan every couple of days

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

F&C - they have to take you if you go into labour naturally so they should be able to fit you in later, stand your ground and get OH to be there when you talk to someone as he can always step in if you feel too emotional/angry to talk further. Do you think they have your dates right? If you think theyre correct then they do term+12 to allow you 48 hours to birth naturally before they consider section to stay within 42weeks, if you think the dates are too early then you could always request to be induced later to give your body more chance...

Not long now and in a few years when youre eating Ad with little one it will seem a million years ago! :hug:

holo in the pool?

Holo on the bed at the moment... DH has said I can have a foot rub once the football is over :thumbup:

Ann, you don't have to have the induction if you don't want too, my midwife (usual one, not the one I saw today) said she wouldn't recommend (unless medical reason) until 40+14. I don't really mind +13 as its only a day early. She also said that she'd be happy if I'd prefer not to have it then and wait another couple of days or so, but would suggest that I went to the hospital every day to have monitoring, just to be on the safe side. Surely they have at least ONE induction slot next week?! A day for the 2nd sweep to work isn't that long is it? See how you feel, you can always decline at the last minute depending on how you feel :hugs:

Thanks ladies. Yep I'm pretty sure the dates are right as I was charting so agree 100% with them. It all seems a bit crazy. So will I need to have a C Section if nothing has happened by 14 days?

No I don't think so Ann... my induction was always going to be 14 days after my EDD and the MW said I could refuse the first one?

There *are* risks to going overdue if I remember rightly but they can't force you either way- it has to be your informed choice to go over their recommended amount.

xxx

No - they told me that I could go past 40+14 and be monitored to check placental function, and then be induced two or three days later than that if it still hadn't happened naturally. They will only do a c-section if the induction doesn't work as far as I am aware?

section is usually 48hours after induction unless you are progressing - not set in stone though.

We were all set to refuse induction with J and were planning to do the daily monitoring - we were thinking of going to 17 days over max though, fortunately he decided he only wanted to be 8 days late!

MW came to discharge us today. Weighed little S again and he is putting on weight nicely. :)

Birth weight: 7lbs 10oz
6 days old: 7lbs 15oz (not lost the expected amount :happydance:)
14 days old: 8lbs 14oz
:happydance:

Go S, great weight gain :happydance:

I'm getting chubby monkey weighed tomorrow.. place your bets... he's 7 weeks now and I reckon he'll have doubled his birth weight!!

go baby K :thumbup: and baby S

we will take forever to do that! J currently is just over 1/3 Mogsters weight :wacko:

have a good day at college today Yas - we are planning to brave tumbletots unless we get rained in...

Pip good news on the weight gain :thumbup:

Moggy hope you make it to tumbletots! And Yas good luck for weigh in / college!!

I am getting to grips with expressing :coffee:

Ann/Lydia - C'mon babies...time to say hello to the BFD group :winkwink:

Moggy - Hope you make it to tumbletots hun.:thumbup:

Yas - Good luck with 1st day at school hun:hugs: Oh...and thanks for the vertbaudet code on FB...got an outfit for Ana for £4 :happydance:

Lia - Well done ont he expressing...never done it but i suppose it can only gte easier :thumbup:

Pip - That s agreat weight gain hun....S is growing nicely :thumbup:

Brig - How was Peyton and did we have a weight gain?? Hope all has settled witht he BF for you :hugs:

Costgang/Dede - Hi ladies :flower:

Popping on to say hi....pretty busy most of the time with 2 so i generally read but dont post much these days. Ana has settled a bit more last day...but we have started on the infacol since yesterday which can take a few days to work (if it does make a difference that is). Getting more wind up so seems to be doing the trick so far :thumbup:
We're also above birth weight here too on the 11th day weigh in ...
Birth weight - 8lb 4.5oz
6 days old - 8lb 1.5oz
11 days old - 8lb 5.5oz :happydance:

xx

Whoop to all of the chubby babies!!! Aren't you all doing so well!

I saw oeteo this morning and she's opened up my pelvis, so baby has every opportunity possible to turn. I can go again Fri, when she'll do the same, and depending on how I feel, perhaps do something to try and get labour started (she understood when I said that I didn't want to wait for it to happen if it meant induction).

Off to meet NCT girls for lunch and have a cuddle with the first of the babies, hopefully it will motivate me rather than depress me more!

Ann - any progress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->