2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

dont be disappointed make the most of your last days as a first time preggo cos next week you will be holding little one in your arms :happydance:

this!!! you must be feeling so frustrated, the desire to meet your baby is overwhelming isn't it?? but moggy is so right- life will NEVER, EVER be the same again, you will be amazed how much your every thought becomes dominated by your baby. :hugs:

enjoy this time if you can- get out the credit card and fill your days up, get manicure and pedicure, haircut, go shopping for a post baby weight loss incentive outfit, write out some thank you cards in advance, (although i cheated and ordered thank you photos online :rofl:), cook a meal that takes ages that you love, go buy a boxset ready for when you're breastfeeding and bored, have a 'date night' with hubby if you can be bothered, both get dressed up etc, xxxxxxx

Wise words from Yas. Although having a baby is an absolute miracle...nothing will ever be quite the same ever again. It's hard but try to enjoy your bump and your hubby...soon enough you will have that little babe here.

xo

Thanks girls, I'm feeling better about it now, I think I'd just got myself all psyched up for it giving me a chance at beating the induction deadline. I'm trying to be positive about the induction now, the midwife said that if the pessary works/they break my waters then I can go on to have a completely normal labour and use the pool etc if I want to.

I've just had my favourite roast chicken with my Mummy and sister, which was really lovely. DH has the day off on Sunday, so we'll try and do something nice then too - enjoy the last day!! (Unfortunately the credit card has already taken a severe bashing while I've been waiting over the last two weeks, so I had perhaps not do too much on that!!).

DH has brought me home a chocolate brownie from work, so I'm going to scoff that now!!

Nom- brownies! Jealous!

I think there's too much negativity around induction stories to be honest... fact is, LABOUR HURTS regardless of how it begins! You're gonna do fab and it's great that you can still go ahead and have the pool etc. xx

Thanks Yas. I think the main thing is that I was hoping to do as much as possible in the comfort of my own home (big bath, supportive hubby, familiar surroundings, etc).

Can you tell that I REALLY hate hospitals?! I instantly get really stressed out and tense. When we were just discussing it with the midwife on Tuesday my bp went up to 159/98, when later it was back down (usually 117/78 as an average!), she had to check it 3 times before she was happy to let me go!

I think tomorrow I'm going to re-write my birth plan with an induction in mind, so that I can look at it in a more positive light etc.

MrsMils, just to let you know my experience. I was absolutely set on the pool for my LO's birth and they had one available, but when it came to it, I didn't go for it after all as I couldn't get comfy in the bath to start with. Either way you will be fine. :flower:

Hi all! Thanks for all the lovely messages. I'm still in hospital and currently sitting here expressing as little Harry isn't feeding too well. :( sorry to keep you waiting re his name! It is Harry William. Will write more about the labor when I get home but as you know it didn't go according to plan. Still he's safe and here and that's all I care about! He is utterly gorgeous and so well behaved. I'm very much in love! Lydia, so sorry that the sweep didn't work but mine apparently didn't either but yet it obviously did get things going. Good luck hun. I will be thinking of you. Oh you're welcome to show pics of Harry on here. I just can't do it from my phone. X

most common day is a tuesday - not sure why or if its true but pub quiz said so I also remember the monopoly board! :dohh:

S and I can vouch for that. :winkwink:

F&C, looking forward to hearing more about your birth - as you said the main thing is that he is here now. Sorry to hear the feeding isn't going too well at the moment. But you never know it might still work out for you both. Fingers crossed. When are you coming out of hospital?

My mum is sooo in love with little S. She is already worried about how she will cope without him when she has to go back home. :cloud9:

He is such a good wee boy and such a little cuddler. He lets you kiss and cuddle him all the time.

Yesterday I had forgotten to get something from the shop and as S wasn't due a feed yet, my mum suggested I go back quickly on my own and get it. So I went. I was only gone for 20 minutes, but it was the first time I was without my little man for over nine months really and I missed him so much. It was horrible, I could have cried. :cry:

And when I told OH about it, he said now you know how I feel having to go to work every day. :cry:

Ann - aww, he's so cute, well behaved too - you must be onto a winner!! :cloud9: Unfortunately I can't get the picture from my phone onto the computer (I'm useless with technology), can any of the rest of you? If so, let me know and I'll forward it to you so you can put it on here:shrug:. Pip, did you get the forwarded message? I hope he starts feeding better soon Ann so you don't have to be attached to the pump too much:thumbup:.

I'm glad you're having a lovely time with your Mum Pip, it must have been SO odd not being with S, even for a short amount of time.:wacko:

Off out for a potter around a lovely local village (with great shops!:haha:) with my sister now, which should be nice. Its weird, for the first time in ages I woke up not being disappointed that nothing happened in the night, I think I've accepted the induction now (thank goodness!), although I know that there will be tears if I call up on Monday morning and they postpone it, DH will have to do something pretty special with me that day to stop me having a meltdown!!:blush:

Thank you all so much for your support, you really are all brilliant!!:hugs:

on your potter dont forget the AD! See how posh you can make it as a dessert!

Induction is just a very organised way to meet your baby :thumbup: Even so it will be just like any other labour - organised chaos! I got a good feeling lil one is gonna give you an easy labour :shrug: also that bubs is a she...:wacko:

Have a fun Saturday, off to put Jacks cot together - OH just popped to Mothercare to get a mattress :dohh: I got both boys and flat pack :wacko:

There you go, F&C's little man. Isn't he cute? I think he already looks like his mummy.

MrsMils, yes, I got your message. Thanks.

Attachments

• Image026.jpg
    Image026.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 5
What a beauty :cloud9: good to hear from you Ann and hope you are both out soon and doing well :flower:

Grrr, :growlmad: was teased by braxton hicks all of yesterday evening. Went to bed and nothing. This baby has 24 hours to begin making an appearance, then it really is going to be evicted!:trouble:

Thanks for putting the photo up Pip - isn't he gorgeous!!!?:cloud9:

I had a nice day yesterday and today DH is off, so we're doing some last minute things (i.e. buying lucozade/bananas etc for labour, tidying house), I've allowed him out to play golf this afternoon with my friend's husband (while we go out for tea and cake!) and then we're going to chill out in front of a film tonight, probably the last uninterrupted film in a while!!:haha:

I hope everyone else has nice things planned for today!:flower:

xx

thats it MrsM - golf for him + cakes for you = baby not going to need the eviction notice tomorrow...FX'd

Grrr, :growlmad: was teased by braxton hicks all of yesterday evening. Went to bed and nothing. This baby has 24 hours to begin making an appearance, then it really is going to be evicted!:trouble:

That smiley is hilarious :rofl:

Hope you manage to have a good last ever-sunday-without-baby!!! :hugs:

Me and the boys are off out shopping cos this little fatty is realllllllly in need of 3-6 clothes, definitely wont be in 0-3 much longer... mind you the big fluffy nappies don't help!!! :dohh:

xx

Hi everyone, had a lovely day thanks :thumbup: (albeit a little fraught this morning, I felt the need to get the house completely tidy and roped in DH, much to his annoyance, but felt a lot less stressed once I knew it was clean and ready for a baby!). DH just on his way home, then we're re-packing some hospital/labour stuff, working out how to use the monitor (his job) and getting me ready (i.e. wash hair/shave legs etc!! My job), followed by a chinese and then chocolate cheesecake!:cloud9:

Hopefully next time I post it will be with good news, please all think happy labour thoughts for me! I'll text those of you that I have numbers for, I'm happy for all details apart from name to go on here, but please feel free to PM name etc around us lot (should have done this with H - sorry Ann, I didn't think!).

If I post tomorrow morning it will be because the induction has been postponed, and I will therefore be having a tearful meltdown..... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->