2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Thanks Yas :hugs:

And Claire - glad Ana isn't too bothered by it and doesn't sound serious, hope she clears up soon! :thumbup:

I am just luxuriating in the fact I have managed lunch....and some HOUSEWORK - yes ladies, housework, I must be getting better :haha:

I am just luxuriating in the fact I have managed lunch....and some HOUSEWORK - yes ladies, housework, I must be getting better :haha:

:rofl::rofl:

Dont worry i also feel a sense of acheivement when i get housework done too... Dont know what ill get done once hubby is back in work next week:blush: might have to get a cleaner lol

Xx

It does get easier....

Jack was 12lb 13.5oz at his weigh-in today, gain has slowed down which is good news for my boobs! 7.5oz in a week is about right I think, he couldnt carry on at the rate he was :wacko:

Six week check on Monday then we have school to look forward to from October 4th :happydance: Cant believe my little man will be going every day, seems only yesterday he was a baby in my arms, cant even remember what it was like not to have them anymore :shrug: I love my boys :cloud9:

Claire you will be great! Dare I say it but it is almost easier when its just you with two as you fall into a routine and you know what you have and havent done etc The first few solo days with two were hard but it got easier and now we are out and about at playgroup Mums n Tots etc, even off to tumble tots again tomorrow

Yas how did college go?

Pip hows it going with S and your Mum?

Ann - are you mega in love still with H?

Lia - love Dylans weight :cloud9:

Brig - P is gorgeous, I want those boots though, a pair of slippers like that would be toastie!

Lydia - I really feel for you, 8 days extra drove me mad but try to stay positive, the extra days cooking mean he/she will hopefully be a good sleeper :hugs: and you will be able to lie on your tummy soon :cloud9: Hope they get sorted and have you in soon, if not :grrr:

Sarah and Dede :hi: Hope all going well with your little ones?

Hi all, just popping on quickly to say I'm still alive!!! Very over-whelmed by the whole experience and keep randomly crying even though I'm very happy. Will catch up properly soon.

Lots of hugs and labor dust to poor Lydia xxx

See I got so good at getting out and about, but nothing done at home as the rare occasions he naps its often on me, or I would use the opportunity to munch (banana and crackerbread........staple diet lol)

While Ash was home it was fab - I can't wait for his week off, we are going to a cottage in the lakes and lots of walking! Oh but no BnB :wacko:

Awww moggy your boys are growing up! And go Jack! Wish this one would stop hammering my boobs so much :dohh:

Ann so glad you are alive hun - we understand!

Anyone heard from lydia? :flower:

We are off to booby group today, and hubby has already prepped dinner for tonight woop!

:hi: to everyone

Hi Ann, congrats again, emotionalness is all v normal, enjoy your little man - theyre fab!

AFM Jack slept from 7.15-7.15 with just a 30 min wake up to feed/change him at midnight and then a 20 min splash n dash/change at 4.30 so feeling well up for Tumble Tots today, on second load of washing and kitchen clean AND my other bump buddy had her little one Emily in the early hours :happydance:

Hope you are all okay, sending all my spare energy and positive vibes to Lydia, hoping she has got into hospital at least... :hug:

Wish this one would stop hammering my boobs so much :dohh:ne

Lia you have to be cruel to be kind for a day, make sure you dont give in until he stretches himself a bit - if he feeds every 2 hours in the day usually stretch it by 10 minutes...Jack feeds when he wakes up, then he will usually feed at 9am, midday, 2.30/3pm then 5pm and top up at 6.45 after bath then he will wake twice after that before morning. He has 4 full feeds in the day and a split feed either side of Mogsters dinner! Not long now til we get to 4 feeds including the split feed as the 9am and midday one will merge hopefully into one about 10.30 am, trying that today but boob is bursting and he is begging now so off to feed him and type one handed for a bit!

:hi: moggy

yay for little Emily! :happydance: but I must stop reading about your wonderful sleep lol. As Dylan now weighs Jacks birthweight can I have a longer stint at night??? Past two nights the first stint has been 4 hours :happydance: but then down to 2 hourly or even 1 hourly :dohh:

Does he actually NEED food EVERY time? Could he be waking due to nappy/cold etc?

Wish this one would stop hammering my boobs so much :dohh:ne

Lia you have to be cruel to be kind for a day, make sure you dont give in until he stretches himself a bit - if he feeds every 2 hours in the day usually stretch it by 10 minutes...Jack feeds when he wakes up, then he will usually feed at 9am, midday, 2.30/3pm then 5pm and top up at 6.45 after bath then he will wake twice after that before morning. He has 4 full feeds in the day and a split feed either side of Mogsters dinner! Not long now til we get to 4 feeds including the split feed as the 9am and midday one will merge hopefully into one about 10.30 am, trying that today but boob is bursting and he is begging now so off to feed him and type one handed for a bit!

I do try - its easier when its hubby trying to distract him instead of me with my milky aroma :dohh: maybe I try too much and should tyry the 10mins, I prob try for too long and make him worse. these last few days has been worse with sometimes less than 2 hours but HV just mumbles 'growth spurt' and leaves it at that.

Will keep trying - guess theres not much I can do about the night ones yet without it waking hubby up :wacko:

Does he actually NEED food EVERY time? Could he be waking due to nappy/cold etc?

Nappy/temp seems fine - same in the day I check those first but then try to distract him a while. At night he sucks his hand like mad, and crying til I feed him?

Bugger.

Hia everyone :hi:

Moggy - I love hubby being home but i think it will get easier as soon as i have my own routine when he's back in work...still dreading the 1st few days alone though :blush: J is doing to well for you...especially being BF. We're on 1 wake up a night since she's been a week old so cant complain...so last feed was 10pm and she woke up at 3.30am last night.....not bad. .. so i hope that's a good sign she's starting to get the 'night' thing iykwim...or it was a one off LOL Enjoy tumble tots :thumbup:

Yas - Hi hun :flower:

Lia - The dummy might work....Jac never took to one but i do use one with Ana at times.....most of the time she doesnt want it but it can be a godsend if she's niggly and wont settle. Hoping not to use it long term but if needs must so be itiykwim.

Ann - Hi hun.....i know how you feel about the over emotions.....my hormones/emotions are worse post baby rather that during pregnancy. I was the same with Jac.....i can cry at a drop of a hat at the moment :hugs:

xxx

dummy can help at night - in the dark/dim light if they want to suck they will often try what they ignore in the day....worth getting a dummy clip though so if you use it you dont have to scrabble around their crib/cot/basket :thumbup:

Jack is loving the extra space having upsized to a cot, just a shame we have to now get rid of our crib, both boys used it and have no one in family thats preggo and as moving soon will have to sell on :cry: Ah well someone else can make happy memories with it...

Thanks ladies, glad to know the crazy emotions are normal!

Lia, Harry feeds quite regularly as well. We've wondered about trying to stretch it a bit but it changes daily so I guess at his young age of only 5 days we shouldn't be too strict. At night we've been finding he wakes himself when his hands wonder to his mouth so we're trying swaddling. It seems to be working so far. Last night he woke up twice for feeds before waking us at 6.30am.

Thanks ladies. Can't often get him to take the dummy but trying to persevere. Managed to stretch a couple of feeds today. Just finding things a bit difficult - my mum and dad came today which was nice though.

There's a thread on BF board at the moment about feeds and there seem to be a lot of frequent feeders on there - so is it normal or should we stretch it out? https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/414645-does-number-feeds-reduce.html

Hope you're all okay - thanks for your suggestions. DH struggling with Dylan so I'd better go......:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->