2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Oh and I think ours was so clear as fishy didn't really move that move, just to get away from the sonographer!

Hi JodieVN, come to September Stars! There are loads of us in there that are looking for bump buddies. Congratulations on your pregnancy! x

Penguino/Penguinetta has Jac's nose! Another gorgeous pic, team Bean again though! Need to work on my nub skills :winkwink:

I was reading about this "nub theory" last night. Apparently it's pretty accurate. Like 75% at 12 weeks and 95% at 13 week scans. The baby has to be in a very specific position though or else you can't see the little nub. And I'm not that good with scan pictures plus our bean refused to just lay still on his back...so figuring out the sex by nub theory is out for us! lol

There's no nub in my pics, boooo!

GREAT scan photos everyone, yours is super clear f&c!! Mamabird it depends on your hospital equipment, even though i'm overweight you can see every detail of my bean, nose eyes the lot... it's like a 3d photo! BUT that's because the sonographer was using a brand new machine- my 10 week scan a fortnight before was soooo blurry!

:hug: to everyone, it's like we're all really pregnant or something!!! :D

Loving the pics ladies excellent!!! I am pants @ the nub theory...don't think mine has a nub :haha:

Moggy - don't know how much it is to hire a doppler but we bought this one that a few ladies on here recommended (they bought cheaper from ebay but I used babymad) https://www.babymad.com/index.php?p...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 and it's been brilliant - got it around 14 weeks maybe a little earlier and heard heartbeat :cloud9:

Woohoo - another couple of awesome photos!!

Mamabird - the diving one is brilliant, definitely one for the album, especially when he/she's an olympic diver!!! Clare, we now share our due date!!!

Does anyone want to guess using the nub theory on mine, I really have no idea, I've been studying your pics and can't even begin to guess!

Attachments

• IMG_5047.jpg
    IMG_5047.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4
GIRL!!! MrsMils that definitely looks like a girl! and I just started looking at this nub theory thing. Gosh I can't wait for you to find out now!! You are finding out right?? lol

BTW...ladies you are fantastic...I don't know what I'd do without you. I've gone from being really down about the "crappy" quality scan pictures the sonographer gave us...to being pretty excited about my little Bean diving! lol Thank you! xox

Wow Mrs Mils what a great pic! I have no idea which part is the nub though.. I'm rubbish!

Mamabird.. bless you! You've got such an individual scan it's absolutely lovely. Who else can say their baby was diving in their womb????! xx

Hehehehe! My Bean looked mightily peeved off at being poked and prodded by the sonographers wand when she was jabbing him/her with it to make him/her move!!

I'm gonna buy that doppler too, thanks. I've ummed and aahed over getting one, because I know if I can't find the heartbeat it'll make my paranoia a thousand times worse, BUT it's also cheaper than going for many many private scans which is what i'm desperate to do at the moment!

Ours wasn't happy either Jetters! It was turning away from the machine and stretching it's legs to get out the way! x

Hehehehe!!!

I've just bought that doppler- £24 new including postage from ebay xx

Oooh - so you think girl Mamabird? I'd secretly like a girl, well, of course I wouldn't mind either way:blush:, but because I'm one of three sisters, so I think I'm biased! Nope - I don't think I am going to find out, I think we'll keep the guessing going and then have a surprise!

F&C - I think the nub is supposed to be the bit that sticks out at its bum (sorry!), but in the articles explaining the theory, I can't really tell the difference between the boys and girls, so I'm useless at guessing!

I know what you mean Mamabird, I can't ramble on to friends about things like this (none of them have babies yet), and DH is starting to think I'm going crazy with my random chat!! This group is brill and keeps me going!:hugs:

How exciting Jetters, let us know how you get on! My sister has said I can borrow hers, but I think I'm just going to be even more paranoid than I am at the moment when I can't find a heartbeat! I think I'll decide when I see how you guys get on with your dopplers, let me know how easy/quickly you found a heartbeat!

I'm one of 3 girls too!! (and we secretly want a girl but will be happy either way!) xxx

I keep switching from wanting a girl to wanting another boy. So hard as we would be very happy either way...Mogster thinks he is having a baby sister and has a baby girl in his tummy. I am leaning towards thinking its a girl but last time when I thought that it was a boy. either way a girl means one of each and a boy means we have lots of clothes etc already and I get to have two little boys. Ah well only another month or so to wait...unless he/she doesnt flash the sonographer :flasher::blush: In fact any sex will do me and between 6lb and 8lb please:flower:

I had a similar doppler to that with mogster but we didnt get on very well with it. Even our midwife struggled and we always seemed to find noises from the placenta and echoes of my heartbeat, from the reviews I think it either works for you or it doesnt, there dont seem to be any who find it both ways? Hope it works for you too Jetters:hugs: Considering a rental but cant decide...?

:haha:
Penguino/Penguinetta has Jac's nose! Another gorgeous pic, team Bean again though! Need to work on my nub skills :winkwink:

No worries...we're staying team yellow anyway..even though hubby would be willing to find out but he's happy to wait as think he enjoyed the suprise last time whent he time came......at the 20 week scan he'll try to find 'somthing' to see what we're having.....he didnt have a clue last time but he was still looking :haha::haha:

xx

Hey ladies...

Defo not getting a doppler...it would make me obssessed or possessed...not sure whch LOL..

Moggymay - I feel the same as you regards boy or girl....happy either way.....bot is what i know and we alreay have clothes/toys etc.....but a girl would also be really great to have one of each....so happy either way.

Something tells me we're having another boy....but who knows. Last time i was convinced girl til approx 35 weeks and then i had a feeling it would be a boy :shrug: So i'm probably wrong....

I also had my 20 week scan date on friday.......so we'll be going on the 13th April at 2.20pm...and i'll be bang on 20 weeks then. Can't wait.

Happy weekend all :kiss:

xxx

Hey ladies...

Defo not getting a doppler...it would make me obssessed or possessed...not sure whch LOL.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That had me in hysterics, I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

I've got my 20 week scan date on the 7th of April, when I'll still be 19 weeks. I've got to go and see a consultant on the 18th of March, they want to discuss my sister's HELLP syndrome with me as apparently there is a genetic link. I think the main thing they're going to do is keep a much closer eye on my blood pressure throughout.

Oh - and at what week is the triple test supposed to be done, I very distinctly remember my midwife saying that it had to be after a certain week and not before, but I can't remember which week....:dohh:

Oh yes - and is anyone else having issues with basic speech and spelling?! Seriously, I've lost the ability at the moment!! I keep mixing works up/making new ones up and can't spell VERY simple words...

^ Baby brain!!! :D

My 20 week scan isn't until i'm 22 weeks.. which is mainly why I booked the private gender scan! To break up the huge 10 week gap between scans. It's super cheap though so I think it's worth it, aaaaand i'm not going to buy pink or blue things until I get a gender confirmation at the 22 week scan. If both sonographers think the same gender, then so be it, let the intense shopping commerce!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->