2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Piperette - Scan is at 2.20 on Tuesday. Can't wait .... but i know i'll be nervous before I go in - more so as my sister went through a bad time during her 1st pregnqancy and things we're found in this scan (She has 2 beauutiful girls now so all is good :thumbup:). I was mega nervous when expecting Jac but i hope im a bit more relaxed this time after going through it once. How are you hun?

Ann - I've already got the newborn and 0-3 stuff from the attic. Still in boxes at the mo but plan to sort them in the next few weeks to see whats worjt keeping and what new stuff we need. Getting out all the tiny stuff now with how much Jac has grown will make me quite emotional i think.
Mmmmm....fairy cakes.

xxx

I felt emotional hanging out all the little baby grows and socks and then watching my dh fold them all and put them in the draw! I guess it's even more emotional when the clothes you're getting out used to fit your last little boy. x

Sad confession I know but Moglet has a full tiny baby, newborn and 0-3 wardrobe all clean and put away in his nursery - only thing is he will be in with us at the start so looks cute but maybe not so practical :shrug:

No mattress yet as plan to get that when we get mat grant on a few weeks - when is that?

Looking forward to tuesday Claire, so exciting, are you finding out or are you still thinking team yellow?

Enjoy the swim tomorrow Pip and report back on the cossie :thumbup:

Everyone else - hope youre having fun in the sun!!!

Ann - i felt he same when i washed the stuff i had before he was born so i know how you feel. :hugs: It'll fell weird more than anything washing them again...

Moggy - You need your MW to filll in the mat grant form for you after 25 weeks :thumbup: Staying team yellow all the way....even though i'm dreading having to think of a boy and girl name again :wacko:
Hope you and mogster are keeping occupied whily hubby is away :hugs::hugs:

xxx

Looking forward to the next wave of scan pics!!!

I'm off to the consultant now to check everything is on track for me to still have a natural birth, what with my heart condition and weight and asthma and stuff. Fingers crossed!!

Also, do you think MWs let you book an appointment to see them just to get the HIP grant form? Cos I'm not seeing my midwife again till 29 weeks and don't want to wait an extra 4 weeks to apply for it! I'm so impatient...

mine said not, wont see mine til May! Ah well am planning to buy mattress in mothercare anyway so can order it and by the time the bill comes for my cr cd the grant will be being paid - I hope! My understanding is that it is a simple page form and you just fill in your bank details etc and they pay direct, not sure if this is true though, maybe post a thread asking in 2nd or 3rd tri?

Yeah it is a form they sign and give you, you have a certain period to send it off from when they sign/date it. You put on bank details and NI number and they pay direct into the bank.

Yasmin - could ask if she will post one once you hit 25 weeks or whatever it is?

Am seeing mine just after as I need my Mat1b form off her for work as well.

Hello Ladies!:wave:

Jetters, hope all goes well at your meeting today!

I can't beleive all the scans coming up again!! Claire good luck tomorrow...although I'm sure everything will be fine!

But I have to admit...the closer Friday gets...the more nervous I get as well. When my scan was like 6 weeks away I was just so excited to find out Bean's gender...but now that it's in 4 days...I'm getting nervous that there may be something wrong...or Bean won't even show us his/her bits. Friday just has to get here ALREADY!! I have a feeling this week will be hell! lol

Also, I wanted to ask about little pains in the lower abdomen. I remember you ladies discussing this a few weeks back but now I don't quite remember what was said. Last night I kept getting sharp little pains down low on my left side that would sort of radiate for less than 2 seconds then go away. When that stopped an hour or 2 later I felt like I could sorta feel the same thing between my legs? Does that make sense??

Well have a good day everyone!

xo

my hip grant with josh, took about 4 weeks to come,wouldve been 2 weeks but stupid me forgot to put in my bank details:blush: only found out as i gave them a call to make sure they had recieved it

MamaBird I had real anxiety 3/4 days before my gender scan, which took me by surprise as I had been SO excited until then! It's natural to worry but i'm sure all is fine :hug: oh and I drank a ice cold fanta before I went in, so Bean was super wiggly which meant he was far too fast and fidgety to keep still for a toilet shot, but we saw his willy plenty lol!

Consultant was fine, except she had no results back from the cardiologist I saw 11 weeks ago so a bit of a pointless visit really! :dohh: So i'll go back in 4 weeks. She kept saying over and over how important it was that I didn't gain too much or any weight if poss... due to my bmi being 41. I weigh 16 stone and am only 5.1 so I hear her concerns but how am I meant to not gain weight when Bump is growing at the speed of light?! As it is I'm exactly the same weight I was when I got my bfp, but that's because I lost tons of weight when I was struggling with MS. *sigh*

Ahh Yasmin I am a shortie too! They have not mentioned my weight too much yet can't think what my BMI was high end 30s though, but I guess next time they weigh me I'll have put some on :haha:

I had a bout of nerves just before our 20wk scan as well - had forgotten until then that it wasn't just for finding out blue or pink and it was checking things were okay.

Just got home and builders still here working :haha: and they got here before I went to work, they must be feeling motivated today :haha:

About to go and study some more theory - if I don't pass tomorrow you'll all think I'm dumb I've swotted so much :rofl: hope you're all having lovely garden weather still! :thumbup:

Good luck tomorrow Claire! Let us know if you accidentally see anything!! I'm very excited for you. Brigitte, I got nervous a few days before our scan too. The reality of what the scan was about hit me but all was good as I'm sure yours will be too.

I was chatting to my big sister today and she reckons I have SPD as my symptoms are exactly the same as hers were when she had it. I've left a message for the mw to call me as it's going to be really difficult if I loose the ability to walk in to work.

Hope you're all doing well! x

Thanks Yasmin, that's good to know. My mw said the same but I had forgotten. My big sister gave me one the other day but I didn't think I needed it as am not that big yet but maybe I should to help the pain. Thanks again hun. x

hi yasmin, i get lectured every 4 wks about my weight and the gd, i cant help it if all i want is crap:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->