2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

I think they want the mat1b form and from what I can gather from mine, when I am intending to start my leave - direct.gov says:

You must tell your employer that you are pregnant at least 15 weeks before the beginning of the week when your baby is due. If this isn’t possible, for example because you didn’t realise you were pregnant, you must tell your employer as soon as possible. You should also tell them when you want to start your maternity leave and receive Statutory Maternity Pay

I would imagine it's possible to adjust when you start your leave if things change but prob need to give a certain period of notice on that :shrug:

Here's last weeks scan photo, at last! Can't believe how 'real' Bean looks... and now I can't WAIT for Monday- viability! Wooo!

https://jetbayat.smugmug.com/photos/836897808_FoMwy-M.jpg

Thanks for your advice on JL and iCandy, moggy. :thumbup:

You may remember I ordered some items from Asos recently. Well, I didn't keep any of them as they just weren't right. :nope:

I have tried New Look this week and thought I'd show off my two recent purchases:
https://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat30100&icProduct=189156409

https://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat30100&icProduct=194129301

I really love them both.

Thanks! He has these pouty lips just like his dadda :D and a big fat belly...

Piperette I have that first top, I LOVE it, wear it with sparkly leggings and flats when I go out (which is not often!). I like the maxi dress too.

I actually bought loads of maternity clothes last week online from Next after throwing a tantrum about nothing fitting me, and despite the cost (ouch) i'm really glad that I did because i've now got 3 pairs of trousers, about 5 nice tops and a handbag :rofl: ok the last one isn't maternity but still.... don't tell OH :rofl:

handbags are maternity - you gotta have something you like to carry your notes later on :rofl: well thats what I told OH last time, this time I have no handbag :nope: Mogster and I share a Timmy Time backback with spare pants, drink and snack for him and money and keys for me. Ah well I can drool over your handbag purchase....link please, pretty please?

ooh baby brain, came on to let those of you still to buy buggies know that "House of Baby" is due to open early May and will defo have opening offers :thumbup: saw ad in local paper today and will have to go have a look even though we have bought everything pretty much...maybe we need a new changing bag....

Night all - off to rest my aching back, Mogster is geting too heavy to carry with a bump!

Night, moggy, hope your back feels better tomorrow.

Let us know if there's anything going on with House of Baby please (especially on the iCandy front ;)). Where will it be opening?

Yasmin I also love the first one!! I like the 2nd one too but it's not something I could wear whereas the first one I've already added to the shopping basket in my head!!

What is this House of Baby thing? A real store or online? I can't find anything on google!! x

House of Baby is a new store not open yet....think it is houseofbaby.co.uk theyre now advertising so wont be long....they have taken over the Two Left Feet premises but have nowt to do with Two Left Feet (who were scamsters online!) Due to be opening early May...

https://www.houseofbaby.co.uk/

Hello lovely ladies :kiss:

Thank you for the comments on my scan pic :hugs:

Jetters - Lovely pic too hun :thumbup:

Moggy - How are you today hun...is you back better today? I also have a heavy weight boy to lift....i hope he's walking soon as it'll be a stuggle once the bump gets bigger :wacko: Are you excited...when is hubby home tomorrow?

Pip- i love those tops.....i'm more of a tomboy so i would look daft in them...bet you look gorge though :hugs:

An hour to go and it's the weekend :happydance: Lets hope it stays nice.

xx

Hubby is delayed indefinitely but the volcanic ash floating around! He has been given a hotel by Ba and now we are playing the waiting game :shrug: It is pants but what can we do :nope:

Gutted he isnt home as Mogster and I have been looking forward to it all yesterday, Mogster doesnt understand why Daddy didnt get on the plane :nope: One ray of sunshine so far is that his flight hasnt actually been cancelled YET...just delayed, the delay means his flight will come home and he has a seat, if they cancel it then he must join the freeforall to find a seat home which could mean anything until Wednesday to get home!

Not a happy bunny and my back is so sore cos had an uncomfortable night for some reason.

Claire thought of you and Jac this morning, got a freebie info letter from Asda in the post, theyre having another baby event and they have some bargain walkers and ride-ons in it. Also lots of nappies, feeding bowls/cups and general baby stuff but theyre kind of standard baby offer prices - they have the Vtech walker new for £15 :thumbup: and the Tommee Tippee sensor pad monitor for £40!!!! Bargain or what! Hopefully having our free return to Woburn next week - assuming hubby gets home! - so will hit MK Asda for some baby bargains :wohoo:

Dont know how it works but am feeling a bit better for having ranted here so thanks ladies:hugs:

Have a good day all xx

LOVE those purchases! Going to Riverdance on Saturday and would love something nice to wear that I don't feel like a heffer in :haha:

Moggy bad news on the hubby front - I hope he gets home soon! :hugs:

AFM I had appointment with thyroid doc/consultant today and they don't want to see me for another SIX weeks this time woop woop! :happydance:

Just have to get through one more day of work til the weekend, phew!

Moggy, sorry to hear about your OH's flight being delayed.

Good news on the thyroid appointment, P&F.

I received the Asda Baby Event leaflet too. Looks like there will be some great offers to be had. Could I ask you already-mums some more questions? There is a Tommee Tippee electronic breast pump in there for half the price of what it is in Boots e.g. and also a TT Nappy Bin. Can you recommend an electronic or manual breast pump? Also, are these nappy bins any good?

Aww Moggy I hope he gets home to you soon.

The GP told me my pain the last few days was sciatica. Thankfully the nerve seems to have been realised today and I'm in no pain! Whoo hhoo.. I feel like dancing!

I can recommend the Medela Mini Electric Breaast Pump :thumbup:

As far as the nappy bin I would say no dont bother, get a deep bin with a lid and empty it tou your external bin once a day - the nappy wrapper doesnt get rid of the smell and we found nappy sacks in a lidded bin just as convenient and a lot cheaper.

Hubby still stuck at LAX and next update is 5pm their time so 1am here, guess will wake up to find he is either on the plane or stuck there for the weekend :shrug:

Might be a bit ahead of what you are planning but the weaning bowls/pots/spoons are a great price and definitely worth it - check the cups are the ones with fold down spouts though as the TT ones with a fixed spout are usually 50p immediately after the baby events. The Pampers wipes is HUGE bargain at 12 packs for £9

Sore back still here, might see if I can see the doc next week if it persists....not sure what they can do as have to lift Mogster sometimes and cant help if sleep badly so :shrug:

Fab news about docs P&F and Riverdance too - Moglet is already a fan and practising in my tum, hope it doesnt give your little man ideas :haha:

Everyne else :hi: Brig loved the bump pics on FB :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->