2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Congrats on Team Pink, costgang! :thumbup:

P&F, your extension is looking good. Certainly a lot better use to you than the conservatory.

Moggy, good news about your OH hopefully coming home earlier and not having to go to Canada.

Penguin, happy 21 weeks!

Everyone else :hi:

It's at 15.30, but I have to tell you now that we have another appointment in the evening and if we are still up for it, we might nip to the shops and get our 1st wee outfit for the baby, so it might not be before 10pm when I can update you. Just don't want you waiting...:coffee:

So excited, but also a little nervous.

Moggy - Glad the flight is on it's way...either way he'll be closer to home even if the plane has to land somewhere else in uk or northern europe. When is/was his birthday? :hugs:

Piperette - Thanks hun :hugs: Good luck with the scan tomorrow. Are you finding out or staying on team yellow?

xx

Can I ask you already mums another question? It's about nappies. I read that you shouldn't really buy too many size 1 as some babies never fit into them or grow out of them really quickly. But how many size 2 and 3 do you need? I really have no idea. :blush:

Woohoo moggy am sure they will let them in, he has gotten this far!!!

Claire - happy 21 weeks!!!!

Piperette - good luck with the scan hope bubs is not shy for you!

Afternoon everyone :flower: got to do the food shop tonight and stuck at work til 5.15......booooooo!!!!

Pip Mogster was prem and we only had 1 pack of size 1 pampers before using size 2, we used them by the box until he was the smallest weight for size 3. Hopefully that makes sense? This time we have so far got a couple of boxes of Pampers Newborn 2's and just one carrypack of 1's for the hospital. We found Pampers definitely best for a boy ad huggues tended to leak for us but each baby is different :shrug: Generally the bigger stores will exchange them for the next size if theyre unopened and you have a receipt, they know babies grow so they are usually quite reasonable. Cant wait til thursday then, will no doubt be in bed early Weds as Im shattered and hubby will be jetlagged

So exciting to have more scans, next thing will be mega movements and huge bumps and pram deliveries, its all so exciting :thumbup:

Gonna make a birthday cake later, hope it doesnt tempt fate...

flying visit to say congrats on team pink costgang!! bet La is pleased!!

Pip - I agree with Moggy.....dont buy more than a couple of each size from 1-3. I bough too much last time but was able to exchange them for the next size up no probs. I also agree that pampers newborn are a good buy...and i also prefer pampers as they fit Jac better :thumbup:
Jac was short of 8lbs born and i think we used 2 packs each of size 1 and 2 and a few more of three.

xx

do you reckon you can exchange them without receipts? I have 4 packs of size 1 huggies that I wont need as i'll be using cloth mostly anyway (only want disposies for the first few days, and night times). They were all free with various vouchers!

Hello Lovely Ladies! :wave:

Costgang: Congrants on the pink bump!!!! :happydance: Finally another little girl in the group!!!

Piperette: Good luck tomorrow!!! :hugs:

Claire: YAY! for 21 weeks!!! :thumbup: We are all getting so close to viability! I cannot wait for that milestone!

Moggy: I still have my fingers and everything else crossed that your hubby will get home very soon! I can't believe what a mess this ash thing has caused! :nope: I hope everything goes back to normal soon for you UK girl!

So news from me! DH and I have started sorting through the junk in our home office (which will now be the nursery). I think we'll get the room cleared pretty fast once we set our minds to it! :haha: Also this weekend I ordered our little Bean's crib bedding set off of Ebay and a mobile. they have both shipped already so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get them.

We also went to Home Depot and picked out a whole bunch of paint sample cards and we narrowed it down to about 8 colours we like. so as soon as we get the bedding we'll pick the pain and then DH and BIL will paint the nursery! Can't wait!

xox

thanks everyone, good luck for tomorrow pip, its soooo exciting

Brig - we did that when we decorated our nursery, only advice I would give is if you are torn between two very similar colours go for the paler shade as it looks very different under dimmer switch light IYKWIM! Our nursery is yellow - its Mamas and Papas Jenny Giraffe which is basicaly a jungle theme. Mogster now has a big boy pirate room! Still pale walls though cos of the dimmer switch!

Yas not sure what to suggest other than take them along to the hospital and see if they want them or maybe advertise on your local netmums and sell em off quite cheap? You never know you might have a little one and given 1-12 a day in the early days then you might manage to use them up?

do you reckon you can exchange them without receipts? I have 4 packs of size 1 huggies that I wont need as i'll be using cloth mostly anyway (only want disposies for the first few days, and night times). They were all free with various vouchers!

Ive managed to exchange nappies and formula without receipts as long as all the seals are in place you should be ok...probably not all shops but ive managed in boots, tesco and morrisons :thumbup:

xx

i usualy take stuff back to tesco without receipt and say oh brought it and picked up wrong size:haha:

Congrats Costgang on your pink bump!! Glad the scan went well.

Loving the extension Pip, wish we could get one!!

Moggy, FX that your dh makes it back soon!

Good luck for tomorrow Pip!!

:hi: everyone else!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"