2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

DeDe, huge :hugs: to you. It is lovely that you are there for your friend, I am sure she appreciates having you around. Please make sure though that you get enough rest for yourself and your little one too. Just keep in touch whenever you can, no pressure. :winkwink:

Everyone else :hi:
After finding out we are having a little boy, we have been to the shops today and had a look at some outfits. Aw, they were some really cute ones. We also went back to John Lewis to have a look at our pram choice again (iCandy Cherry) and now think that the Peach might be the better option for us. We got the prices for the pushchair and the carrycot, but does anyone know how much the accessories are? I sort of get the feeling that the Peach with all its accessories will be about £300 more. :blush: How do I explain that to the parents?

how about the city jogger Pip? The new one that can have a doubles kit added is now out...https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx https://www.lullaboobaby.co.uk/baby-jogger-city-select-1381-p.asp?gclid=CNSYk-upnKECFVGX2AodkkFhxw https://www.preciouslittleone.com/p...aby-jogger-city-select-stroller---oynx-black/ cant find a price though, maybe ring up?

:wohoo: 100 days to go...

:hi: everyone

Dede - if only all friends could be as caring as you! Dont forget to look after you and bubs too though :hugs:

P&F - hope driving lesson goes drier next time

Claire - any thoughts on the swing? Already got jumper type thing for door and a hop n bop. bought mattress yesterday then came home and put foam floor alphabet down in Moglets room, just a few bits of edge to cut n glue before laying and all done :yipee:

MrsMills get those gals in red to show you whats what then look for best price online :thumbup:If it is kiddicare ask JL in Cambridge to price match and they will :yipee: and they will deliver and they will hold til you are ready for delivery too!

:Claire - any thoughts on the swing? Already got jumper type thing for door and a hop n bop. bought mattress yesterday then came home and put foam floor alphabet down in Moglets room, just a few bits of edge to cut n glue before laying and all done :yipee:

Is this what you mean......even if it isnt it looks really cool and i fancy one myself :haha: it's on offer but hubby woudl kill me as we already have 2 differebt bouncy chairs :wacko:

oh ...its alos got great reviews
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1272033497&sr=8-1

xx

thats the one we were looking at, also like the Chicco Polly in the blue but kiddicare are out of stock and everywhere else it is twice the price :dohh: thinking Moglet might be safer in a swing than a bouncer with Mogster around....:wacko:

Evening ladies,

Well, I have rung around some shops today to see who does the Peach the cheapest. I have found somewhere, where they do the whole lot for approx. £176 cheaper than JL. I have rung JL and am trying to get them to accept it as an undersale. Can you, ladies, please cross your fingers for us? I should hear from them by the middle of next week.

When we originally looked at the Cherry, I was sort of okay with paying £38 for the changing bag. But can you believe that the Peach changing bag is £100? :shock: I have seen it for £90 the cheapest. I mean, really £90 for a changing bag? I just can't bring myself to do it.

What changing bags are you looking at?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ICANDY-CHANG...nging_Nappy_Changing_Bags?hash=item335c56cd82

We had a bebe confort one for Mogster as it fitted onto the buggy with special clips on the sides so no need to hang it by the handle and bang your knees. Hard to know which is best as depends what you will carry...we only ever needed change of clothes, nappies and wipes as BF Mogster so no bottles etc so less space required. Link to one on ebay above shows if you are willing to have a used on in fab condition the prices are much lower :thumbup:

FX'd the undersale goes through, amazing what they will do and they should confirm the warranty etc will be from babies date of birth too

What colour buggy are you going for?

Dont forget if you join the Boots parenting club with the advantage card thingy you get a free changing bag which is always useful as a spare to keep in the car!

Fingers crossed the undersale goes through!! Is there anywhere else that does price-matching or are you specifically wanting to buy it from JL? And are the two bags really really different??

We are going for the Sweet Pea. https://www.icandyuk.com/products_detail.php?id=peach_single

The Peach bag is bigger than the Cherry. The problem is though that the colour is different. :wacko:

I'll keep an eye on eBay, but might look elsewhere at other bags. The only reason why I'd prefer to buy from JL rather than some smallish pramshop is that I would hope with JL you are sort of protected because they are quite big and I think their customer service is pretty good whereas sometimes with the smaller shops you get things like "You need to speak to the manufacturer" and when you speak to them, they tell you to speak to the store. I would hope you don't get this sort of hassle with JL.

I will reply to your PM in a minute, Yas.

Mothercare do pricematching but they dont do icandy! They should pricematch your bugaboo tho Yas...

JL usually deal with the manufacturer for you, thats why we have gone to them for our buggy, also if you move around the country they are pretty much everywhere

Have you thought of Jane or Mamas and Papas bags Pip, recognise the blue from a Jane energy stroller

Have you thought of Jane or Mamas and Papas bags Pip, recognise the blue from a Jane energy stroller

Sorry, but where would I find the Jane ones? I'm not sure if the iCandy one might be a bit big though anyway. :shrug:

Moggy, thanks for suggesting the City Jogger. The only downside is that the choice of colours is a bit limited.

I have seen the Pink Lining Yummy Mummy Changing Bags and they are sooo cute. Apparently there is currently a £20 off voucher floating around as well.

I think I need to see it again in the shop though before deciding if I want one. Which means I might have to drag OH to the shop again...on the weekend. But with the discount they work out almost half the price of the Peach bag and they are sooo much cuter.

Oh and I almost forgot, we are 50 % today. Yay! :happydance:

Hi everyone!! How are you all this evening?

Pip - let me know what they say on the price for the Peach, its my front-runner so I'd be keen to see if we could save a bit of money. I like it in BlackJack, but I'm a bit boring!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I liked the stokke one too until I saw it in the flesh, when we felt that there was no storage, so discounted, saw today that they've relaunched it with a bigger bag under the cot, so we'll have to look again! Friend had a mountain-buggy delivered today, so I'm going to go and have a play with that one too. :shrug:

Thanks for tip Moggy, I'm going to get me to show me the concord too, but JL don't do it and I can't find any other larger stores that do, so I think I'll be stuck with Kiddicare's price if we went for it.

Said bye-bye to my horse this afternoon, managed to hold back the tears in public, so was very proud of me and my crazy hormones today!! :thumbup:

Hope you're all having a nice weekend, I'm really busy at work, but I've only got a week left and then technically I'll be on holiday before mat leave - whoop whoop! :happydance: (Sorry to gloat!! I'm just so excited!)

how bout this Pip?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JANE-BABY-CH...nging_Nappy_Changing_Bags?hash=item2eac187510

MrsMills - kiddicare do very good prices and often will match elsewhere if cheaper so long as you match online to online and shop to shop IYKWIM. Do mothercare stock it?

Oh brill, I'll have a look on line at them even before we go then :coolio:. Nope, unfortunately mothercare don't stock them which is a shame! I actually dreamt about bugaboos last night and changing the fabric...?! I think I'm losing it now:help:

Morning ladies - think I have slept through the last day or so (despite being in work :haha:) am absolutely exhausted :sleep:

Tonight we're off to MILs for dinner (will be glad to get out of the house - extension has got to the messy bit now and all I want is a shower!!!!!) and DH wants me to drive????? Hmmmmmm not convinced. Hate Saturday driving lessons as the roads are nuts.....but we'll see.

My pram arrived, currently at my mums but will hopefully pick it up or them drop it here in a couple of days :thumbup: car seat due next week as on pre-order (we went for the b-smart but am following all your pram talk with interest :thumbup:). We ended up going kiddicare.

Had a random dream myself last night - was carrying baby downstairs and dropped him :wacko:

Any nice weekend plans? Hope you've all got good weather! :thumbup:

Been to the shop earlier to see about the changing bags. I have decided that the iCandy Peach bag is too big for me and I fell in love with this one. So I have to confess that I have bought it online as soon as we got back home. :blush:

Attachments

• Changing Bag.jpg
    Changing Bag.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
I LOVE them too!! I can't wait to get my HIP grant, that's what i'm splurging on! Did you use that online discount code? They are so much nicer in the flesh, and much cheaper than your icandy one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->