2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Oh and Lia, maybe our boys are having a growth spurt or something cos i've been waaaaay more exhausted than usual this past week or so. Also my friend has the B-Smart so I saw it in action yesterday and it's really nice!! Good choice!

I LOVE them too!! I can't wait to get my HIP grant, that's what i'm splurging on! Did you use that online discount code? They are so much nicer in the flesh, and much cheaper than your icandy one :D

I agree they are gorgeous and so much nicer in real life. And compared to the iCandy one I just think this one is more me. I used the online discount. I decided to order it sooner rather than later as noone seems to know when the code expires and £20 off is just too good an offer to miss.

Which one are you thinking of getting, Yas?

I'm torn between two- a YM and a BG!

https://www.pinklining.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/62_63_64/products_id/374/
https://www.pinklining.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/62_63_66/products_id/354/

I haven't seen a BG in the flesh yet though, but I think i'll get that one cos it's bigger and i'm using real nappies so the bigger the bag the better!

I will be GUTTED if that code has expired by the time I get my grant- I don't have the money spare at all to get it now. I'm 25 weeks on Monday, horrid midwives refusing to give the form to me till my next appointment at 28+5. Grrrrrr!

:wacko: I just googled the icandy peach changing bags... can't believe they are so expensive for something so plain! Definitely a better choice, Pip :thumbup:

Ohhh and today in Mothercare we saw a guy carrying the free Boots changing bag and Garry said to me "Oooh, I like that one, it's a blokes one that I could wear" which obviously pleases me NO end since I have it sitting in the cupboard and it only cost me a packet of nappies :rofl:

I was also not sure whether to get the YM or BG one as the style I wanted was available in both. Looking at the YM and BG ones in the shop though, I decided on the BG simply because I like the daffodils better than the cupcake. :flower:

Fingers crossed that the code will still be valid when you order. Can you not phone your MW and ask if she can prepare your form for you to collect? I think I read on here that some people did that.

I think we will be getting the Boots one too, maybe for Daddy as you suggested or if not, just as a spare in the car as suggested by Moggy. That's if I receive my voucher for it, 'cause I haven't received it yet. :coffee:

Hey Ladies!

Just figured out how to do this so I thought I'd share my little creation with you!

xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl789AVT4cg

thats fab :thumbup:

Claire have today bought this one: https://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/chicco/polly-magic-swing.php Amazon no longer have the offer on the FP one so went for the polly in Kiddicare so £45 delivered which isnt so bad....

Im feeling HUGE today, what are the stats on babies, if one is early will the next be too?

Love the changing bags ladies, Pip quite liked the Jane one so gonna see if it comes in other colours via the ebay new option as £30 is good price for bag and the bag looked funky but simple so thanks for giving me the idea :hugs: Like the black with a little blue so maybe even go for the one I thought went with your peach!

MamaBird, that's lovely.

Moggy, I like the shape of the Jane one and you are right about it looking funky yet simple. I am just a bit cautious sometimes with buying things without seeing them as I can be a bit choosy. I don't mind buying things online, but prefer to have seen, felt and looked at them in real life before buying if that makes sense. I know you can usually return items if they are not what you expected, but then you have the hassle of returning them plus you normallly lose the postage.

I like the swing. And not a bad price either. How long can you use them for?

Love the changing bags guys! Jetters - I like the BG one best I think.

This is the one that DH bought me for our anniversary present back in February :cloud9::

https://www.mama-la-mode.com/shop/latest_arrivals/oakley_nappy_bag/CRCL/

It was the first baby thing we bought (and possibly the most extravagant that will be bought!), but while it was in the sale and he was feeling generous I didn't try to stop him....!!:haha:

Mamabird - thats brilliant! I wish I had a recording of our one's heartbeat!

Oh - this will make you laugh. I had to go to sleep last night with my bum in the air on two pillows because the baby was kicking me SO low down and it was really uncomfortable, so I thought I'd try and tilt the wrong way and encourage it back towards my belly-button! It sort of worked!

MrsMils, love the changing bag. Enjoy it.

Oh - this will make you laugh. I had to go to sleep last night with my bum in the air on two pillows because the baby was kicking me SO low down and it was really uncomfortable, so I thought I'd try and tilt the wrong way and encourage it back towards my belly-button! It sort of worked!

:rofl:

pip that changing bag is goooorrgeous!! Loving the heartbeat Brigitte!!

Been so tired the last few days that I've not been on much so sorry if I've missed lots.

We went out to Camden, London last night for my best friend's 30th and I am aching all over this morning. I wouldn't mind but we have friends coming round in about 40 mins. Hey ho. It'll be nice to see them. Off I go to get ready... xxx

Yas/Pip - Love the changing bag...i remember seeing these when expecting Jac and though.......cant afford this.....how much discount did you say you got £20.....if so let me know the code and i might get one.....since i could use one now and i'll need it for the forseable with Jac and bump i might treat myself as i rarely use a handbag now...ony for work.....can you tell i'm a shopaholic :haha:

Brigitte - Great pic hun :hugs:

Moggy - That price is good.....i'm really tempted but there's other things we need first (mattress for Jac) so i dont know if ill buy one...worried i'll miss the offer though :wacko: Like pip asked...how long do you use them for 4 months or so ?? And we have 2 bouncers and one that vibrates.....hmmmmm

Lydia - Love the changing bag hun :thumbup:

Ann - Put your feet up this afternoon hun:hugs:

Hope your all having a great weekend. Ordered Jac birthday cake yesterday...had planned on buying one from tesco but hubby thought we'd save money ordering from a local bakery....it cost double LOL
Cant believe hes 1 on thursday ...excited and sad as times flown by :cry:

Radio 1's big weekend is hosted 5 miles from where i live this year so will register for tickest tomorrow......i'm never lucky enough though so will probably lose out on the ballot even though i'm on the door step of the place.....cross fingers for me as i would love to go... :thumbup:

Off too look on the net for a small lego duplo set for Jac as he's strating to take a lot of interest in them.....so a small pressie for birthday to go with the trike.

xx
xx

Claire, the code is VIP20 on https://www.pinklining.co.uk/ That's for £20 off. Don't know when it expires though. Let us know which one you like or decide on.

Go on, treat yourself, you know you want to. As you say it's an investment. ;)

Mamabird - LOVE that thank you for sharing with us, made me gooey hearing a bubs heartbeat again :thumbup:

Yas we have the boots freebie changing bag to and DH agreed it could be okay for a man :thumbup:

Moggy - love the swing, we have kindly been a similar one from my cousin and she said her LO loved it (she did put the young un in while the bigger one was running about too actually!).

Hello everyone hope you are enjoying the good weather! :flower: Had a really lovely evening yesterday (and drove DH's car again!) with my sis-in-laws mother-in-law (did that make sense:haha:). She is over from Oz visiting family and came for tea - DH did a wholeee load of tapas lol, tasty.

Now off to ogle changing bags - you lot are a bad influence :haha:

Lydia - I forgot earlier.....:rofl::rofl: with how you slept....this is how Jac sleeps but without the pillows... bum in the air :haha:

Pip- Thanks hun. Was ready to order a bag but am torn.....
This is my fave...but it's not laminate like the rest its nylon...so do you think it would be easy to keen clean :shrug:
https://www.pinklining.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/62_63_105/products_id/374/
Otherwise this is my 2nd fave..
https://www.pinklining.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/66/products_id/392/

What do you ladies think?

Lia - We have the boots bag and i use it when Jac's at grandparents instead of nursery...i actually think hubby is attached to it too as he ends up taking that one instead of our Quinny one :dohh:

xx

I caved last night and bought the same one as you Piperette!! £20 discount was too much to resist.... naughty me!

:rofl: Claire those are the EXACT two I have been deliberating over for the last HOUR!! Honestly my poor friend Emma has been listening to me ummm and ahhhh all morning :rofl: I chose the green one eventually because it looks a bit more grown up (imo) than the other one.

:D

Claire we also have bouncer/rocker/one that vibrates but felt a swing would allow me to give Mogster some mummytime whilst Moglet still gets to do something he will like....I hope!

We bought our mattress for Moglet in mothercare the other day, the cotbed one Mogster had is still on his junior bed, he doesnt want to go inot the single yet so he still uses the junior bed. He has the single and junior beds in his room and chooses the junior one each time :shrug:

We went for sprung with the coolmax zip off cover this time, last time we went for pocket sprung but the advisor this time seemed to think sprung would be enough as likely number two will want to go to bigger bed earlier than Mogster did in order to keep up with his big bro! Saved us £60 in the end by the time we got 10% for baby club so dont feel too bad about the swing - have yet to tell OH tho :haha:

Am not brave enough to buy one of thiose lovely bags, if I do I know Mogster will drop it in the mud at the park or get chocolate or some other mucky substance on it and then it wouldnt be so lovely, leaning towards that Jane one still, not so funky but more practical for us :shrug:

Anyway off to watch the end of the marathon

Claire, I read somewhere that a lady said she had a fabric one and it was still in good condition even after washing it a few times, but the colours started to fade a bit whereas her friend had a laminate one and hers was still pretty perfect. It's up to you, but the colour is quite light. I think the laminate is a bit more practical as it can be easily wiped down plus I prefered the design. ;)

Moggy, do you know how long these swings can be used for?

And another question for Penguin and Moggy. Hope it is not too personal. :blush: How soon after giving birth did you fall pregnant again? And were you breastfeeding at the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->