2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Pip - Thanks for the advice hun.....will go for the laminate then....:thumbup: Nothings too personal here hun :hugs: I went straight back on the pill after having Jac ( you're naturally protected till 21 days Post partum - so started 3 weeks after having him).
I took the pill for 6 months and then came off and used the CBEFM and got my BFP 2nd cycle with it (tried for 6 months for Jac but got lucky 1st month trying with CBEFM - so its like gold to me :thumbup:)
I FF not BF so i cant answer anythign about that .... anything else you need to know just ask :thumbup:

Yas - Seems we'll have the same bag :haha:

Moggy - I might still cave about the swing....will test the waters with hubby later :winkwink: I already have the toddelr bed for jac but need the mattress...fancy a silent night first bed one as i know it'll be used for Jac and #2 so need a decent one. Might use the HIP grant to get it.

xx

I had a weak moment and ordered the bag :blush:

How can I not be sure about a baby swing and buy a changing bag without thinking twice...when i already have 2 :wacko:

xxx

Thanks, Claire. I'll give you a shout if I have any more questions.

Great choice of bag. Well, I suppose I would say that as that's the one I've ordered. ;)

I know we must blatantly still have loads of stuff to get....but I just don't even know where to start thinking about it :dohh:

I have a moses basket......and a mattress for it.....what do I need bedding wise for that??? What do they sleep in while they are tiddly, sheets, blankets, sleeping bags, argh!!? So many sites so many lists - am starting to think we must have been mad :haha:

I think with all the building going on at the minute I have been able to put off thinking about it lol!!!!

Seeing midwife tomorrow is it likely to just be a general thing? I will be 25+3, am guessing I will get my mat 1b though?

Very jealous now of all your changing bags.......can't see DH letting me get away with one of those scrummy ones. We did see a funky one in next though which is prob smaller......maybe I could get one and pretend it's from next :haha:

Oh my goodness, I just went online thinking ooohh £20 off and they're so pretty but have just had to pick myself off the floor after seeing the price!! lol. Think my dh might divorce me if I got one!! Am very jealous though. I might print a big picture of one and stick it on a crappy bag and see if anyone notices!!! x

Pip I BF Mogster til he was 23 months, fell preggers when he was about 16 months :wacko: but lost the baby at 8 weeks, used CBFM once Mogster was 2 and we got lucky 3rd go with it :thumbup: BF doesnt stop you getting preggers but does make it less likely IMO.

As far as I am aware you can use the swing until baby can sit themselves up, this varies from baby to baby. Im thinking probably about 4-5 months as baby usually rolls to a sitting position before this and strapped into the swing they cannot do this :nope: Also depends on the weight the swing will take.....

Confessed about swing to hubby and then we got the existing chairs etc down from the loft....the bouncer (mothercare cheapo) had damp spots on it, so binned it as after a wash the damp marks remained, the rocker has a missing leg???? not sure where it has gone but its a lopsided rocker :wacko: the vibrating bouncer seems ok but cant find the newborn pillow :shrug: gonna see if toysrus will let us buy a replacement insert? All means the swing is a good buy according to hubby :thumbup: phew!

You guys are a bad influence! Making me want a changing bag - I cant though as spent so much already given we have a lot from Mogster, maybe when we get our mat grant......

Thanks for the info, Moggy. Did you use any protection after giving birth to mogster?

I've been wondering about what to do after fishy's born as I also heard you can get pregnant pretty much straight away. My friend got the coil but I don't really want anything interfering with that area for some time after labour if you know what I mean!! Maybe I'll have to go back on the pill but I quite like being off it.

Likewise reluctant to go back on the pill as feel that is why it took us 6 months to get this one in the oven, but don't want number 2 straight away so not sure what to do :wacko:

I was the same! It took us 6 months and I think it was for the same reason. I started having typical pill withdrawal symptoms after about 4-5 months... spots etc.

we timed it to avoid it IYKWIM but we didnt for about 2-3 months after Mogster was born - too tired!

OMG i feel so guilty about buying the bag instead of the swing :wacko: I cant stop thinking about it......

Lia - I used blankets while Jac was in a moses basket for the 1st 7-8 weeks....and then i used grobags when i put him in the cot (he was growing so fast so outgrew the basket). Grobags are a godsend, one of my best buys i must say. Not cheap but always worth buying the proper brand IMO as they're better quality. Maybe buy 2 and buy a cheaper one as backup. Oh....and you can get deals off ebay for the real thing. I got 2 last week for £32...should ahve been approx £50 otherwise.

xx

Claire, don't feel bad. As you said before the bag will be used for quite a while with Jac and then the LO. ;)

Moggy and Penguin, how soon after giving birth did AF return? I am assuming that this is the beginning of fertility again? :shrug: Like the others said I'd be a bit reluctant about most contraceptives, especially their effect on breast feeding.

Pip- Thanks hun :hugs: But i cant help it......went on kiddicare and the damn swing is sold out now...maybe it's a sign a cheaper one will come along maybe :winkwink:

x

Moggy and Penguin, how soon after giving birth did AF return? I am assuming that this is the beginning of fertility again? :shrug: Like the others said I'd be a bit reluctant about most contraceptives, especially their effect on breast feeding.

hmm...icant give you a clear answer on this really. I had PP bleeding for 2.5 weeks and then strated the pill on day 21 PP(3rd wk)....i think i then had a withdrawal bleed/period not sure which, up until nearly 7 weeks PP. .

not much help sorry :wacko:

x

took ages to come back over a year!

Claire it was out of stock when i first saw it, went back a few days later and there it was waiting for me :thumbup: and you can get a discount for first time purchase online from Kiddicare, hope it comes back on soon, will keep an eye out.

Interesting fact....apparently Milton fluid will get out the mould spots so off to get some tomorrow, will report back as to whether it works :shrug:

Enjoy your bags ladies, am still jealous, maybe when the mat grant comes thru can splurge on similar bag, cant justify the £70 though as Mogster has his own backpack now and bubs wont have a big bag for long - I hope....

Pip - just a thought if you plan to BF, try to get hold of a book called "What to Expect if You're Breastfeeding and What if you cant" Its by Clare Byam Cook and I found it a godsend, wish Id had it before Mogster was born rather than when he was a month old!

:hi: everyone else, anyone got owt exciting on this week?

Evening all! :friends:

Moggy - Out of interest, how much of a discount do you get for your first order on the kiddicare website? Planning on buying in-store but if the discount is good then I'll do it that way. Also - do you happen to know what their policy on price-matching is? It says that they do it, but I can't find any info on it!

Finally think I've decided on the iCandy Peach - cheapest price I've found so far is £480 + £148 for the carrycot - is that comparable to what you guys that are looking at them have found? Going to see if JL will price-match.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!:thumbup:

Here's the pricematch stuff https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/help2_10751_-1_10001_16#9

Will be gutted if there's a discount for first use we bought the pram and car seat last week :cry: they've given me £5 if I order something else in the next month though :shrug:

They have been pretty good so far - car seat is on pre-order but think it's coming today - they send a text as well to give you a 1 hour slot now, which you can text back and pick another day if it's not convenient :thumbup: came 10mins into the 1 hour slot for the pram.

Had completely slipped my mind about BF and the pill - may have a nose at that book too moggy :thumbup:

Off to see my grandparents and great gran tonight (she is 96 I think now) and seeing midwife this affy. Got to get myself to work first somehow - DH has just left to do an early shift :nope: Hope you ladies all have more exciting plans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->