2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Claire, mine has arrived too. In a huge box and it was all wrapped up beautifully as a present inside. I love it. And you are right, it is BLOOMING GORGEOUS. Not bad for delivery time either, is it? I'm assuming if Yas was in today, she got hers too.

Wow, MrsMils, that was lucky. :thumbup:

I have heard back from JL today too. Apparently they can't do the undersale at the moment as they (JL) don't have all the items in stock that the other supplier is offering. :nope: They did say I could try again though when they get all items back in, but no guarantees that the undersale will go through. Keep your fingers crossed for us please, ladies that we will get the undersale honoured when the items come back into stock. I think we will try again, especially as we still have some time left.

Wow MrsMils that is amazing luck!!! I'm very jealous. We are considering buying a travel system from Ebay. What do you ladies think? I know car seats should be new but is it ok to have 2nd hand prams etc? x

Wow MrsMils that is amazing luck!!! I'm very jealous. We are considering buying a travel system from Ebay. What do you ladies think? I know car seats should be new but is it ok to have 2nd hand prams etc? x

I think it is, F&C. As long as you are happy with it. :winkwink:

Wow!!! Well done MrsMills!!! Which JL did you go to?

Pip I reckon hang in there for the undersale - worth keeping in touch with the nursery dept of your local JL too as they may then ring you when the items come into stock!

F&C - ebay has some bargains as far as buggies/travel systems are concerned, often worth buying a carseat new though as you never know what has happened to it but as far as buggy etc goes there are usually bargains to be had! Try netmums.co.uk and gumtree too. Also on Facebook we have a local childrens/baby group for buying, selling etc so maybe there is one near you? What system are you thinking of? Maybe we can keep our eyes out for you...

Everyone else :hi:

Claire - 2 sleeps for you and a few more for Jac :wohoo: :cake:

Thanks ladies. Not really sure about which one but probably one of the icandys. I couldn't find any Oysters but have come across quite a few Cherrys. x

On another note, we also popped into Asda today. Got one box of Pampers New Baby Size 2 and one box Size 3 and also the Pampers Sensitive wipes. :)

whereabouts are you F&C? will have a mooch online when mogster has a nap tomorrow if you like? Let me know where you are, how far you would travel and fave systems and colours and will get on it! Claire did it for me so would be great to return the favour for another Bumps/Flusher :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. Not really sure about which one but probably one of the icandys. I couldn't find any Oysters but have come across quite a few Cherrys. x

I originally fell in love with the Cherry and still really like it, but don't forget you cannot upgrade it to a double later. Also, I think Moggy mentioned that there was some problems with some previous Cherry's, so make sure you don't buy one of them.

Thanks guys - I'm SO over the moon with my good luck, things like that never usually happen to me!!:happydance: Moggy, it was Peterborough, pure luck that they've got the double and the ordinary in the colour I wanted so they were selling the ordinary one so that they could put a display one out in the sweetpea colour instead.

Pip - I'd hold out for the undersell, JL have a good reputation for it. I managed to get a bit of money off at Kiddicare today, but not as much as I'd hoped.

Ann - Yes, I was looking on ebay, there are quite a few good things on there if you're picky and don't mind waiting around for what you want to come up. The good thing is if you buy things like the cherry and oyster, the resale is good, so if it arrives and you don't like it, you always have the option of reselling it? My sister got her bugaboo on there and it was in fab condition. Possibly think about trying to get everything but the carseat and then splashing out on that maybe? Halfords had an offer on the maxicosi ones that fit the iCandy systems, I think they were about £90? We've still got to buy ours, so I'll be scouring the net/shops for the cheapest!

MrsMils, just out of interest, can I ask you where you got that price for the Peach from?

F&C - saw this on our local netmums

27th April, 2010
Joanne says: Mamas & Papas Skate Pram/Pushchair plus extras.. Mamas & Papas Skate Pram/Pushchair All In One - indigo Denim great for boy or girl !!
Mamas & Papas Car Seat Fits on base of Skate-
Car Seat Brackets
Car Seat Rain Cover
Cup Holder
Pram Rain Cover

All in Fab Condition - Only Used For 8mths -
(is one of 5 prams so not used everyday!)
Total cost new - more than £800
Selling For £250 Ono
07988 477 255 feel free come and look- Littleport nr Ely

All in Fab Condition...

Just shows the bargains to be had :thumbup:

Yes - let us know your requirements F&C, between us I'm sure we'll manage to find some bargains!

Gotta love P'boro JL - except for parking with a babyseat :grr: as a result we tend to go to JL Cambridge = big spaces and a whole floor for babyspaces :thumbup:if you get there before the oldies who think they are for blue badgeholders :dohh:

Pip - Well, I went to Babyboodle (the shop) and looked at them, they quoted me £480 for the pushchair, £148.50 for the carrycot and £30 for the adaptors. The ex-display at John Lewis was still a little more than that so I said that I'd buy it if they gave me a decent saving on the babyboodle price, fortunately the manager was there (it was on her day off) so I managed to get it for a fair bit less to make it worthwhile having an ex-display.

Call babyboodle on 01763 269 997 and they should give you the same quote hopefully, it was the cheapest that I could get out of the places I rang around. Or if you'd like to PM me your address etc I can send you a copy of my written quote?

MrsMils, thanks for the offer. I will try them and see if I get the same price, if not, I'll let you know and take you up on it if that's okay. ;)

Gotta love P'boro JL - except for parking with a babyseat :grr: as a result we tend to go to JL Cambridge = big spaces and a whole floor for babyspaces :thumbup:if you get there before the oldies who think they are for blue badgeholders :dohh:

Hee hee - I know, we were in my parents in law's massive 4x4, so I had to negotiate out of queensgate carpark when we'd finished shopping as they had some wine with lunch, I have never been so scared of scraping the car in my life!!

Pip - definitely let me know if you don't, its not a personal quote or anything so I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Does the quote have an expiry date and does it mention the colour on it?

Wow ladies thanks so much! We are going to do a bit more research before we commit to buy as we're still not 100% sure which system to get. I'm in High Wycombe, Bucks and would be prepared to drive up to 50 miles I guess. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->