2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

If you plan on BF maybe buy 4-6 bottles as backup...and for hubby to feed too. :thumbup:

xx

ooh and if you join Boots parenting club you will get extra points! :wohoo:

what did you decide about the swing Claire? Found thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120562184444&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tired Moggy so off to bed to snooze and rest my bck, OH has just offered a foot rub too so cant refuse :yipee: Will catch up in the morning! xx

Moggy - Link doesnt work.....im currently watching one on ebay...might have to bid soon and go to bed and see if i win. Dont want to pay too much for one. I'll just keep an eye out for an offer and see where it takes me.

Think ive decided on a popup tent and tunnel for jac as an extra b'day pressie instead of the hoover. (cheaper and more practical as he's not walking yet...or so hubby said ...booooo)

xx

Thanks so much everyone! Yes Moggy, I'm going to buy the book and have a read, I'm a geek and like to know everything I can and be prepared (for most things anyway, some things *like labour* I prefer to be in denial for! I'm not reading that chapter of my books yet - far too scary!!:ignore:).

Will buy a steriliser and a few bottles then. Hadn't thought about the expressing at the same time, but the idea of feeding and then DH settling sounds like a good one, he's a night owl and doesn't get home from work until about11pm so hopefully it should work out well.

Pip - I'll let you know if I find it cheaper anywhere, so far its always been £89, but good idea about waiting until a bit later :thumbup:

Why oh why am I wide awake at this time in the morning when its my day for a lie-in?! :growlmad:

morning everyone :hi:

Mothercare doing bank holiday deals :thumbup: so if you still have to buy nursery furniture, mattress and bedroom stuff theyre giving £50 off when you spend £250

Tent and tunnel is a fab idea Claire - ELC have one you could use vouchers for...? Link didnt work :dohh: its for the same swing in yellow

Moggy - I won the swing on ebay......£26 (new but opened) but its costing £36 with delivery. Not so bad as long as it is really new when it arrives :thumbup:

xx

:wohoo: :happydance: Saw it went for £26 but didnt know who to. Glad its you, ours arrived today. Love it! FYI Chicco are fab for spares if you need them, we broke the strap on our highchair and they sent a replacement :thumbup: Wish I could lie in it and watch the lights!

Def going to have to have a look at that book.........sometimes I don't know if this thread scares me as I feel like I know nothing :haha: you are all so helpful though :thumbup:

Another driving lesson tonight, have hated having a week between lessons this last couple, as really feel I have forgotten everything :dohh:

Extension expected to be finished Wednesday so a week to go (that wouldn't be decorated as we're doing that bit) but soooo excited!

Hope you are all having a good week - am focussing on Friday as I am off work for a long weekend then!!!

Going to have a look at mothercare now moggy thank you :thumbup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Expect-When-Youre-Breastfeeding/dp/0091906962

:wohoo: :happydance: Saw it went for £26 but didnt know who to. Glad its you, ours arrived today. Love it! FYI Chicco are fab for spares if you need them, we broke the strap on our highchair and they sent a replacement :thumbup: Wish I could lie in it and watch the lights!

That's good to know as i also have the chicco happy snack high chair :thumbup:

xx

Argh I hate not having the internet to be involved in all these discussions! GRRR!!

My changing bag has arrived but I haven't seen it yet, as I had it delivered to my dads... he said it is in a GINORMOUS box :rofl:

Claire, I might be interested in the car seat and isofix base... is it the easyfix base? If so give me a message with how much etc :) x

Argh I hate not having the internet to be involved in all these discussions! GRRR!!

My changing bag has arrived but I haven't seen it yet, as I had it delivered to my dads... he said it is in a GINORMOUS box :rofl:

Claire, I might be interested in the car seat and isofix base... is it the easyfix base? If so give me a message with how much etc :) x

The box is huge...i think you could fit 4 bags in there :haha:

And yes it is the easyfix base. I have an idea about price but i dont know how much it'll cost to send them as the base is heavy...it could be expensive :wacko:

i'll send you a message tonight one i have a figure sorted and see how much sending it could cost.

xx

Claire up to 30kg via parcelforce paypal is £10.99 - you could do a listing for it on ebay for a silly nominal start and end early - low fees etc but you would get the ebay parcelforce rate :thumbup: So long as box fits the criteria but that way its insured etc and not too expensive

Claire up to 30kg via parcelforce paypal is £10.99 - you could do a listing for it on ebay for a silly nominal start and end early - low fees etc but you would get the ebay parcelforce rate :thumbup: So long as box fits the criteria but that way its insured etc and not too expensive

That's really good to know. How does it work then...i'm dumb please explain? :blush:

xx

I second penguin's response. Just out of interest really.

Moggy - I found this....

So next time you send:

For UK destinations it's £11.99 or £10.99 per parcel.
For international items visit our Price Finder and deduct £1 from the price that appears.
Once sold, click on 'print postage labels'
Choose your service, and whether you need enhanced compensation
Select to drop into a selected Post Office® branch, or book a collection
Your barcoded service label prints out to affix to your parcel

And that's it. Simple, straightforward prices for express parcel services.

So i do it directly through ebay....good to knwo this...thanks hun :thumbup:

xx

basically you have to know the weight of the parcel and box it within certain size - a buggy box within size, then you pay for postage via paypal using the print postage labels option once the sale has gone through - make sure you only do nominal sale price though as you pay fees on it 99p would be fine then have postage option as the actual postage charge, you input the wieght of the box (overestimation is fine) and select either collection or drop off (collection parcelforce come get it and drop off you take to PO) then go through to pay and they take payment fromyour paypal balance, works out much cheaper than parcelforce direct as it is doen through the ebay parcelforce account and gets fab rates - they dont advertise it anymore but it is still there :thumbup:

Main things you need to know is how heavy the parceled item is AND the dimensions of the box to make sure they fit into parcelforces remit of what they will carry.

Ask away if you need to know more :thumbup:

Hopefully using it soon to send the Quest - gonna put it on ebay this weekend if no joy on local boards....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->