2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

just joined south bucks netmums to see what they have - found a silver cross 3d plus accesories for £75! That all washes in machine on delicate:thumbup:

ooh and this!!!!!

hi i am selling a icandy cherry pushchair in berry blue it is lightweight and easy to push forward or rear facing,swivel wheels lovely looking check it out on icandy site 3 months old still under warranty also comes with mathing cosytoes which is bought separatly and raincover. cost me £350.00 selling it for £280.00
in excellent condition few scuffs on the wheels through use any questions please dont hesitate to call me thanks mellissa 07860 462333

Read more: https://www.netmums.com/h/f/BOARDS/nearlynew/south_bucks/for_sale//#ixzz0mKTIWFpB
Netmums - the local parenting network

Moggy - Can't wait now.....bought some buffet food tonight...getting cake thursday morning......so good to go! I feel all emotional thinking about it......this time last year i was in hospital being told i was getting induced tomorrow :cry:

Lydia - 22 weeks today :happydance::happydance:

Pip- Yep the box was huge.....when i opened it up i still had some guilt abou the bag for a while...i ummed and ahhed....and then i thought bugger it and put all my stuff in it. I fell in love all over again :haha:

Yas - Did you get yours??

Ann - Hope you find the perfect pram hun. I have a Quinny in excellent condition to sell soon but you're too far away from me. Nevermind..there are better systems out there anyway.

All this talk of prams is making me itchy......mine still hasnt come but they have had a delivery but not my colour :cry: Hoping to be end of the week.

All being good with the britax..... i will have a maxicosi cabriofix in deep red and isofix base to sell both in excellent condition. The carseat/base was only used for over 5 months.
If anyones interested let me know.

:hugs:
xx

Awwww... you guys!!!! Will do some more research and then let you know! Am very excited now! x

Another question: What do you all do about bottles? I know you shouldn't really buy too many to start with in case the LO doesn't get on with them, but where do you start? How many do you buy to start with and which ones? :shrug:

we had freebies that came with the steriliser, Mogster never tok to a bottle went straight to doidy cup and sippy cup, most of the bottle fed babies in our groups used tommee tippees or browns though if that helps?

Pip - I went for avent....had a few with the steriliser and bought a starter pack and bought some more....so ended up with 11 :haha: I moved to Dr Browns after 2 weeks due to wind/colic which i think we may have avoided if i had use avent slowflow teats instead of the newborn to strat with. So am trying the slowflow this time. I did go back to avent after 12 weeks though as Jacs wind issues were so much better so they we're not wasted. I did buy a few TT to try but both me and Jac hated them LOL
So im trying with avent again and have Dr Browns as backup.....they are a godsend if baby gets mega windy/colicky. They are just a pain to clean :wacko: (im just buying new teats this time)

Oh...for me the more the merrier as far as bottles go....otherwise you spend half your life by the steriliser :thumbup:

xx

I heard about the Dr Brown ones, but I think they are quite expensive? So you just get some bottles and buy different teats if you need them? How much is a good price for bottles?

I'm hoping to be able to breast feed, but want to get geared up so that I can extract and then DH can do his share of the late night ones:haha:, I'm trying to establish what I need to buy - think I'm going to go for the medela swing pump as I've read really good things about them, but then do I need to get medela bottles too? I think I prefer the TT closer to nature ones, they do anti colic ones in that range too. And what steriliser will they fit in if I can't get the same brand steriliser? Its all way too confusing! Do I need a decent size steriliser anyway, even though I plan to breast feed 90% of the time - I'll need it for other bits and pieces too eventually won't I? Argh - I'm so clueless!!!!:help:

I heard about the Dr Brown ones, but I think they are quite expensive? So you just get some bottles and buy different teats if you need them? How much is a good price for bottles?

Dr Browns are fairly expensive.....so i would buy a mainstream brand and switch if you need to down the line like i did. I reckon most babies are happy with what you give them.
You have to buy the same brand teats as bottles but you start on the slower flow and move up to the faster flow ones as the baby grows and the sucking action gets stronger.

xx

MrsMils, I am in the same boat. I am hoping to breastfeed, but also express for night times and outside. At the moment the Medela Swing is my favourite too, I'm hoping it might be on offer at some stage. Plus I don't want to get it too early, because some girls said they found they couldn't breastfeed (and therefore not express) at all, so didn't need the pump, but if you get it now, it might not be possible to return it anymore. But like you I have no idea how many bottles to get or anything. I don't think you necessarily need Medela bottles as you can just fill it into another bottle after expressing.

I'm hoping to be able to breast feed, but want to get geared up so that I can extract and then DH can do his share of the late night ones:haha:, I'm trying to establish what I need to buy - think I'm going to go for the medela swing pump as I've read really good things about them, but then do I need to get medela bottles too? I think I prefer the TT closer to nature ones, they do anti colic ones in that range too. And what steriliser will they fit in if I can't get the same brand steriliser? Its all way too confusing! Do I need a decent size steriliser anyway, even though I plan to breast feed 90% of the time - I'll need it for other bits and pieces too eventually won't I? Argh - I'm so clueless!!!!:help:

I cant help with the BP bit and same bottles sorry :shrug: ...... but i do know that TT bottles are wider than most so better to buy TT steriliser....but you dont have to buy same brand bottle to steriliser.
Whereas i had an avent steriliser and i managed my DR Browns with all parts in there...but not as many bottles in one go.

xx

What do you all think about these?

https://direct.asda.com/Philips-AVENT-Newborn-Starter-Set/002659918,default,pd.html

What do you guys think about these?

https://direct.asda.com/Philips-AVENT-Newborn-Starter-Set/002659918,default,pd.html

That's a really good price as the bottle brush is handy and a dummy too.....i paid £20 for mine at the time. It has 2 of the smaller bottles.....dont buy anymore of those though...buy the 9oz ones as they'll last a lot longer than the 4 oz ones. Those i used to give jac water over the summer as they end up being too small. :thumbup:

xx

Pip - What about these 6 bottles for £13 ...i knew i'd seen them somewhere on offer...
https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...75&pageSize=12&CatalogSearchResultView?Rpp=10
https://www.boots.com/en/Philips-AVENT-Durable-BPA-Free-Bottle-6x260ml_998865/

xx

looks good pip :thumbup:

We used a medela mini electric pump which was fine, bear in mind that they recommend you dont express for bottle feeding in the first month to 6 weeks so your milk supply establishes...you may decide by then you are happy to feed in public under a muslin and only want to express for a bottle for OH to feed, we soon discovered Mogster asnt a fan of bottles so I fed him each feed but with night feeds OH would wind him and settle him so I could snooze :thumbup: Also if OH gives a bottle you will need to express about the same time to maintain your supply.

Sounds complicated but it really isnt :nope: we found OH was more awake for the first night feed so I would feed Mogster then crash whilst he struggled to be awake for the second so he would stay awake whilst I fed to keep us company and then he would go to sleep whilst I winded and settled him.

Check out that book, it is an interesting read even before you have bubs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->