2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

So....lets see if i understand LOL.... i pretend to sell it on ebay for 99p say to get minimum fees and the cheaper parcelforce? How do i do that without some other bugger buying it for 99p though.... Do i let for example..... you bid on it...and then end auction...so i can then sell it to you cos you bid?

xx

list as item for xyz and end auction early to highest bidder

:yipee: :wohoo: Jac is 1 tomorrow:cake:

I know i'm all excited....just put the banners up....except for the one in the window(will do that int he morning) :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:
Will have to wait ill 10am or so to the start the birthday though as hubby is working a half day so wont get hom till after 10am...and then we're both off till Tuesday :happydance::happydance:

Thanks for the ebay tip :hugs:

xxx

FYI Just put the nappies in the nappy stacker - bit premature I know but couldnt resist! Anyway we picked up a pack of Asda number ones (31 for 96 at the last baby event)and just got one out and tested it on one of Mogsters bears, fab nappy :thumbup:

Sure I remember Pampers being better than they seem this time :shrug:

Guess I need Moglet to test them out - have you opened any packs up yet Claire? What did you think?

Where is everyone else? Hubby away AGAIN!!!!

Moggy - will defo give Jac a great big hug from the moggys...especially as they suggested the trike :hugs:

The pampers active fit nappies have changed recently (supposed to hold more wee and less bulk)and i didnt like them to start with as i ended up tearing 2-3 when putting them on :shrug: But i must have sussed it now.....will open one of the new baby ones tomorrow and compare....as i have some loose ones of size 1 and 2 after Jac. Will report back tomorrow :thumbup:

Hope hubby isnt away for long :hugs:

xxx

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Jac
Happy Birthday to you!

Hope you have a fab day with him Claire :flower:and the weather lets him get out on his trike! :bike:

Enjoy the long weekend and time with hubby and Jac :hugs: and :cake:

:hugs:

Happy Birthday Jac!!!!!! :cake: Have a wonderful day with him, I hope he likes all of his presents and in particular his trike!

Morning Moggy and Costgang! :howdy:Moggy, I hope Hubby hurries up and comes home quickly:hug:

Jac's Birthday :happydance::dance::yipee::headspin::wohoo:

I'm all excited LOL.....having breakfast in a minutes and hten pop to town to get cake....then wait for hubby to get home in an hour so the party can begin :thumbup: Weather not too good but am sure we'll get aspin on the trike.....

Thank you all lovely ladies for the birthday wishes.....Jac sends massive :hug::hug: to you all.

:kiss:
xx

looks good pip :thumbup:

We used a medela mini electric pump which was fine, bear in mind that they recommend you dont express for bottle feeding in the first month to 6 weeks so your milk supply establishes...you may decide by then you are happy to feed in public under a muslin and only want to express for a bottle for OH to feed, we soon discovered Mogster asnt a fan of bottles so I fed him each feed but with night feeds OH would wind him and settle him so I could snooze :thumbup: Also if OH gives a bottle you will need to express about the same time to maintain your supply.

Sounds complicated but it really isnt :nope: we found OH was more awake for the first night feed so I would feed Mogster then crash whilst he struggled to be awake for the second so he would stay awake whilst I fed to keep us company and then he would go to sleep whilst I winded and settled him.

Check out that book, it is an interesting read even before you have bubs!

Moggy, this is what I hope to do! To be honest I'm completely oblivious to all the different sterlisers etc. I've got my eye on a medela mini electric pump after your earlier recommendation so thanks! x

Moggy - I ordered the book from amazon yesterday, thanks! I hadn't realised that you aren't supposed to express straight away, I may well wait and get the pump after we've got cracking then. :thumbup:

Penguin, have a lovely party!! Shame about the weather, but I'm sure it isn't going to stop Jac taking his new wheels out for a spin! :happydance:

P&F - have you got a driving lesson today? I hope it goes well! I really don't know how you're doing it with these crazy hormones!

Generally you only express early on if baby cant feed themselves eg SCBU or feeding issues, if that is the case you would likely still be in hospital anyway so express on their pumps - big double boobers! Once your supply is established you can express but at first only for giving to baby rather than storing so as not to upset the supply balance. The 6 week thing is not a rule but how long I found it took for my supply to settle enough to allow expressing to try a bottle, Mogster was tiny so likely if you have a 7.5lb or more baby the supply will sort quicker IYKWIM as they can feed more in one feed so dont feed quite as often. Mogster had to be fed every 3 hours day and night but only took maybe 2-3oz each time, bigger baby can go maybe 3-4 hourly as they can take more milk :thumbup:

Bear in mind you can always buy a second hand pump and then buy new parts for those which have been used by another IYKWIM eg used pump but new breast shield, valves, bottles etchttp://www.thehealthandbeautyshop.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=medela&limit=all. Also if you express and want to freeze it buy bags from Boots and store in the bag as then you only need one bottle - we had three bottles to express into but the shop we bought from back then has since gone out of business, the link above is another similar one though. Microwave steriliser is fab for if you express as sooo quick, a big tub with a lid you can use as a cold water steriliser is convenient too so can expres early morning if you want to...

Sorry am waffling - preggo brain has kicked in :oops:

Thanks Moggy, thats awesome advice. I'll definitely look into getting a second hand one and then the new bits for it, the website you suggested has so much more stuff on it than the other ones I've found.

Happy birthday to Jac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

MrsMils - driving lesson last night - not great :dohh: think it's with having gone down to 1 lesson a week for a couple of weeks as we were busy, but got another one tomorrow and getting back onto two a week so hopefully will be okay :thumbup:

Driving DH's car tonight as well home from his nans. And instructor gave me the 'show me/tell me' questions last night so guess he is thinking I will be test ready at some point :haha:

Nearly had a builder crisis as they didn't seem to have done much yesterday.....but all cleared up now, one had to go into hospital (kidney probs :dohh:) and one had booked the day off - they are going to work late tonight to catch up so still hoping to be finished next week :thumbup:

Got tomorrow booked off yippeeeeeeeeeeeee so just got to get through today :haha: hope you are all well and your bubs - the ebay stuff has all gone way over my head as ebay scares me :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->