2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Happy Birthday MrsM! its bubs' way of sharing your birthday with you! :cake:

Yas hope you sort stuff out with OH bout that holiday! We're here if you want to chat :hugs:

Argh I can't remember half of what I just read now :haha:

Lydia - Happy birthday!!!

F&C - everyone who has a quinny seems to be over the moon with it :thumbup: we were going to get one, until we found that you couldn't collapse it with the seat unit in (the regular seat unit not the big carrycot obv) but other than that we played with it a lot and liked it :thumbup:

Yas - hope everything is okay?? And :dust: to your friend too what excellent news!!!!

Everyone - hope you have a nice and/or relaxing Bank Hol Monday planned! I may clean the fridge...........rock and roll :rofl:

Hey everyone- I have a new laptop! Wooooop! So excited as it's fricking gorgeous and swanky and just what I wanted. So I'm back! :happydance: and at 26 weeks SO close to third tri!!! :yipee:

As for OH... well- basically he booked a holiday to Spain back in Jan before we got back together, with his ex and her new partner. They go in June. I could possibly have dealt with this (and the jealousy i'm wracked with) IF he had actually told me about it before NOW... it's been 2.5 months and he's only just confessed it! He was worried about upsetting me (eye roll). We have had marathan talks and we're going to be ok but it has been a rocky and upsetting weekend.

*sigh*

Oooh Lydia happy birthday, hope you are feeling fabby and being suitably spoilt :hugs:

Yasmin, that is awful, you poor thing. Is he still going? How far gone will you be when/if he goes? x

Yep he's still going. It's all booked and paid for. I'll be 7 months when he goes :(

To be entirely fair, we broke up in November... and then I found out I was pregnant. We only got back together a few months ago and things have been pretty perfect since then- better than EVER but this has thrown a real ouchie into the works.

Hello....

I've also forgoten what I just read :wacko:

Yas - Huge hugs hun.......:hugs: glad you managed to sort everything.
:happydance::happydance:for being on the verge of 3rd tri :happydance:

Lia- Hope the fridge is rocking :haha:

Lydia - Happy birthday hun :happydance::happydance: Hope some sleep comes your way tonight :hugs:

Ann - I do have a Quinny but hubby want to keep using it till the baby arrives anyway...and as you say your probably too far. Oh....and to be honest i love and hate my Quinny. But i think you'll have bugs with every buggy you get.. i know i have. Up unitl the baby is apporx 6 months old i think its great on the whole. But then it does become a pain as the seat unit is separate and it's heavy to push....that's why i have a maclaren quest in the car boot!
One thing for sure...i will never buy another pram with air filled tyres (puncture on a shopping weekend)....and possibly stay away from a 3 wheeler too as it's a pain going down curbs sometimes (that could also be a 4 wheel bug too though :shrug:). But that's me LOL . I know ive slated it but i would probably still give it 4 out of 5 and it is a decent buggy:thumbup:

Moggy/Brig/Pip - Hi :flower:

xx

That's really great advice Claire, thanks. You actually mentioned a few things we were worried about. I think we'll just carry on with our research and take it from there. We got a bit excited by the prospect of getting everything for such little money but at the end of the day we would much prefer to spend more money and get something we can use for a few years. x

F&C - have you consdiered finding a streety on ebay? The covers are entirely washing machine washable on a delicate wash and you do see them come up with carrycot included for around £100. Seat can face forwards and backwards and it folds with the seat on :thumbup: You can even use the carrycot in the car for longer journeys as they have car clips available - some even have them included on ebay...https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bebe-confort..._BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item3eff635a11
They are light to push - we tested one in Kiddicare as we have the same carrycot on our loola, admittedly they cant be made into a double but depending how close together you have them you may not need a double....? The above link ends today but there are others on thee - this looked a bargain though...

Yas - sounds a very strange situation :dohh: tis hard I guess if it was pre-booked but hope you kicked his butt for taking so long to mention it - men!!!!!! :dohh:

My builder is coming out of hospital tomorrow and has a big team coming to the house today to push on with the work, phew!

And baby is back to his wriggling self after a little trip to hospital yesterday to see why the lazy sod hadn't moved in a few days :dohh:

And I am back in work after 4 lovely long days off, booooooooooooo!!!!

Morning everyone :flower:

did they say why bubs hadnt moved?

Hope work isnt too stressful for you today and tha the builders have anice surprise waiting when you get home!

:hi: everyone else

I just saw your fb message Lia... must have been scary! I've had a few freak outs where Bean hasn't been moving, but I guess it's all just positions and stuff :hugs:

did they say why bubs hadnt moved?

Hope work isnt too stressful for you today and tha the builders have anice surprise waiting when you get home!

:hi: everyone else

Nope :nope: just said sometimes they move into a position where you can't feel them as much.....he has been back more how he was now though. But it sort of feels more 'muffled' if that makes sense, so I guess maybe he has moved and so am not feeling it as strongly for that reason? HB was good and strong and she just said if it happens again just go up and don't feel like I can't as I've already been once...

We are debating a private scan as well now.....though tbh I don't know how much of that is influenced by the worry yest, DH seems up for it now though :shrug:

Builders going to be going nuts on the house apparently he has got loads coming in - am hoping for good things :haha:

we got told about the 10-12 movements thing when we worried with Mogster, the other one that we found made him move was to prop yourself up on the bed with pillows and read a book for 10 minutes then rub your bump and 9/10 times bubs will respond :shrug: if bubs doesnt respond try a cold drink and it that doesnt work and youre worried then call the MW/hospital and they will advise

Cant wait to see bathroom pics :thumbup:

Off to MW this PM so hoping she will give me an idea as to how bubs is measuring, feel huger than with Mogster but might be psychological :shrug: Get mat grant for too so can pay off mattress and swing :haha:

I really recommend babybond if there are any near you... they are cheap and SUCH good service and gorgeous photos, too :)

BTW I finally got to open my changing bag and oh gosh, what a joke was that box!!! You could have fit five bags in there :rofl: but opening it with all the wrapping paper and ribbon was lovely... I'm in love :cloud9: and very glad I bought it (although I would never have bought it for full price! I still can't believe I paid this much for it!!!).

Lucky you moggy, I can't wait for my grant *eye roll*

I have had a few days where movements have felt much less/muffled than usual, but as long as I still feel him I don't panic. Other days he wallops so hard it knocks the wind out of me- I even had him flicking the tv remote up and down on my belly the other day :rofl:

And Lia, definitely listen to the MW when she says don't hesitate to go back if you're worried... it is what they are there for after all. There is a terribly sad thread in second tri at the moment about a woman who felt not right, and lost her baby yesterday. Obviously I don't think for a second that will happen to you BUT I do think having your mind reassured will only be a good thing if you're worrying :hugs:

Thanks guys - will def not hesitate to go back if it happens again. Am starting to feel like a jinx tbh, another friend who was pregnant has just had her 12wk scan and baby had not grown past 6wks......this is the third friend this has happened to (two would have been due with me) and I just feel terrible for being one of the lucky ones if that makes sense????

will have a look at them Yas cheers :thumbup: I think DH is definitely more convinced now and fancies one!!!

Lia - Glad bubs was ok :hugs: I had a scare when expecting Jac around 23 weeks and tried all sorts including the mega cold drink.....i phoned my midwife and she agreed to check me out even though she was finishing her shift and had been working all night.....she used the doppler and found him straight away :dohh: After her chechup Jac didnt stop moving from then on...i think they like to test us....if in doubt always check it out :hugs:

Yas - I can confrim that the bag is great...ive used mine a few times now and it does the job and more.... a lot better than the one i had and i actually feel blooming gorgeous now:haha:

Ann - Glad my views help.....but remember they're just my views :winkwink:

Moggy- Hi hun...you ok? I love the profile pic of mogster....he is adorable :cloud9:

Well i had my midwife apptmt this morning. All was good. I got some bounty packs so some freebies....the small sudocrem are a godsend for the changing bag :winkwink:
Oh and i asked her about the HIP grant......as i wasnt seeing her till 28 weeks after today.....so she filled it in today for me and post dated it to 25 weeks.....how cool is that...so i have my form ready...so i'll send it off in 2 weeks time :thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->