2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

I'm always bra-less at home now!! It's worse after I eat I think so I'm guessing it's my tummy. It helps when I press it!

What do you all think of wearing black to a wedding?? Generally I'd vote no, buttt one of my closest friends is selfishly getting married when I'm 36- almost 37 weeks. It's a fairly formal do I expect, knowing her. But i'm so broke and I reallllllllly don't want to have to buy a maternity dress i'll only wear once!! I have this gorgeous black dress from Next (that I bought when I wasn't preggo cos it fit well over my big food belly :rofl:) with short ruffly sleeves that I thought I could dress up with bright accessories and a fascinator maybe- what do you all think??

Failing that, i'm thinking of a maxi dress with nice accessories and sandals... it's not exactly formal but at least I could wear it again, to my baby shower for example, but i'm worried it will seem too casual. ARGH!

left and right on google always worries me - do they mean left as I look down or as someone looks at me :dohh:

Eeeek don't scare me... i'm going with MY left!! Cos otherwise that makes the pain be on the right if you're looking at me... :wacko:

I had at least three friends wear black at my (summer) wedding - well, one was a black dress with white polka dots, one was all black, and one was black with some turquoise-action going on.

And they all looked very sophisticated :thumbup:

My boss also wore a maxi dress to a wedding last week and I don't think it's too casual at all :thumbup:

Yay Jetters!!!!!! Woo hooo!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I think black to a wedding is fine, I'm currently trying to find a dress to wear to two weddings and my FIL's 60th in July, because its at least three wears I think I can justify buying something - just got to find it now! I had a summer dress delivered (ebay) this morning, topshop 10 (maternity), which would usually be perfect, but the bit around the boobs just drowns me (and they're a decent size at the moment lol!). Hoping my mum can bring it in for me as its a really cute casual dress, but if I wore it now I'd be somewhat over-exposing myself!!:haha:

Also got to find an outfit for a 60's theme on a hen-night in two weekends time?! Errrr, wasn't thrilled when I heard this yesterday! :growlmad:So ebay hunting again.

I've got a maternity pillow, which certainly helps with the hips, but its the one that I'm laying on that gets the worst. Going to quiz midwife about it at my appointment tomorrow. Jetters - not sure about the pain, I occasionally have a sharp pain under my left boob, I think its a nerve pain, but I've had it on and off for years now, so not pregnancy related?

i often get rib/back pain on the right as I look down but MW said stretching/ligaments and dont worry - should I worry? I figured right as you look at me was issue cos heart etc is that side - now am confused :wacko:

That's kinda funny that we are all struggling to find something to wear to weddings! LOL!! DH and I have a wedding to attend June 5th and I just finally ordered a dress from Motherhood Maternity Canada. I got it on SALE for $14.99!! YAY!!

Here is the link...what do you ladies think??

https://www.motherhoodcanada.ca/Product.asp?Product_Id=93363650022&MasterCategory_Id=MC3

And Yas, I think black is fine for a wedding! I think I would perk it up with bright accessories and then you'll be all set! I didn't really want to spend a whole lot either on a dress I'd wear once!

xo

I LOVE that deep red colour!! I think i'll keep looking for a maxi cos I want one for my baby shower anyway, and if I can't find anything perfect i'll dress up the black dress for A's wedding.

On the wedding note, I also have a bloody hen do of hers to attend in a few weeks too, it's going to be SUCH a long day *sigh*. I feel bad moaning but I already know it's gonna kill me as I get so tired so easily! Lunch is a picnic in a park, then a make over session, then dinner in a tapas, then they're all going out for cocktails and dancing but i'm not, obviously. TBH i'd happily go home after the picnic...! Bad friend!

That red dress is BYOOTIFUL!!!! :happydance:

And Yas - are there no bits you can duck out of if you are feeling tired in the day??? I suppose the picnic has room for a snooze and lay down in the grass?? :haha:

DH in a mega rant over the extension progress.......if our builder ever switches his phone on he is going to feel his wrath :dohh:............going to try damage limitation, happy evening ladies :flower:

Happy 3rd trimester Yas!!!! And I'm another yes to the black dress. Get a nice bright coloured pashmina and accessories.

Brigitte, that red dress is luvvvely!

Well those prams on ebay went for a fortune but think we've found another one only 9 months old and for £250. I think it might be worth paying double to get one that's not 2 years old.. what do you reckon?

depends if the woman selling the one that is older has her receipt - might be worth asking as she may be able to get the chassis changed for you - might be worth asking and if there is no cost to her to do it you could always offer a bit extra on top of the £125?

Great minds! I sent her an email yesterday asking just that but no reply yet so fingers crossed.

another thought that preggo whale had forgotten until now - saw a Zezu today? It was black and baby faced mum, looked good and decent sized basket...off to google what it actually is cos looked funky...

I saw my consultant today and everything was great... wooopeee. I'm so impressed with myself *pat on back* because despite all of my limitations i.e my weight my body has got me to HERE. And I LOVE BEING HERE! Yay for third tri, yay for managing to carry a baby healthily, yay for it all. Now I feel really optimistic and am beginning to think beyond being pregnant, to the bit where I actually have a baby :flower:

Also! Despite being whale like (its true! We all say it but as a pre-preg size 20, I wasnt small to start with) and having a HUGE bump which can only fit into maternity clothes, i've only gained 3kilos!! :happydance: I worked SO hard to eat well so far and it's paid off. 2.5 of that 3 has been in the last 3 weeks though... which am sure has NOTHING to do with my current obsession with Snickers, ice cream, mayo or pizza!!! :rofl:

I googled it and looks good F&C...what did you think? Seems they recommend you buy some slime for the wheels though but most air tyred buggies recommend that to avoid punctures! Cant find out about collapsing though ....yet!

The O'Baby Zezu!! My friend R has her heart set on one... https://www.mothercare.com/OBaby-Ze...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=64001031&mcb=core

I do like them because they are parent facing, and you don't have to buy a seperate carrycot etc. But they weigh a lot... nearly 15k!

kiddicare is cheapest I can find...guess depends what transport you use as if its a bus/train might be heavy - if its a car or shanks pony then might be a winner - about £240 including carseat :thumbup:

I saw my consultant today and everything was great... wooopeee. I'm so impressed with myself *pat on back* because despite all of my limitations i.e my weight my body has got me to HERE. And I LOVE BEING HERE! Yay for third tri, yay for managing to carry a baby healthily, yay for it all. Now I feel really optimistic and am beginning to think beyond being pregnant, to the bit where I actually have a baby :flower:

Also! Despite being whale like (its true! We all say it but as a pre-preg size 20, I wasnt small to start with) and having a HUGE bump which can only fit into maternity clothes, i've only gained 3kilos!! :happydance: I worked SO hard to eat well so far and it's paid off. 2.5 of that 3 has been in the last 3 weeks though... which am sure has NOTHING to do with my current obsession with Snickers, ice cream, mayo or pizza!!! :rofl:

Yas that's really amazing well done!!!! Lovely to hear you so positive - I said to DH I could see me having loads of kids as despite the aches and tiredness I am loving it.......

:thumbup:

Yasmin - Happy 3rd tri hun :happydance::happydance: Glad your aptmt went well and you're feeling good :hugs:
Oh..and i agree.....black will be fine :thumbup:

Brigitte - Lovely dress hun :thumbup: When i was in LA with work while expecting Jac i got some bargains from motherhood too.....some undies and a work blouse for approx £10 our money.

Ann -I agree...better to pay a bit extra and get what you want at the right quality...if you get too much of a bargain isnt there always a reason....:shrug: The perfect one is around the corner i'm sure...:thumbup:

Moggy - I think we all feel like a whale...some days more than others :haha: Saw your FB status.....i'm also being kicked to death these days......noon stop.....more than i remember with Jac this early on :shrug:

I don't ache as much this time (not yet!) but i need new bra's......i need to move to non-underwired.....did the trick for me last time.....the ones i have are digging into me now. M&S here i come.....
So if your bra digs....buy some non-underwired :thumbup: dont have to be maternity ones either.....

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->