2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Evening ladies,

Only a quick post from me at the moment. When is everyone starting their mat leave?

Ooh Mrs Mils that's a great idea! I would love a kiddies tea party with iced rings etc!

Pip, my last day at work is the 11th August so I'll have 2 weeks holiday and then officially start my mat leave a week before my EDD.

Moggy, we have two cherrys lined up to see on Saturday. One is the one you found. I just called to check about the receipt etc but she's in bed so I asked her dh to tell her I sent an email. The other is a year old and is £100 but it mentions a few scratches and marks but to me it sounds like the more promising of the two.

xx

Evening ladies,

Only a quick post from me at the moment. When is everyone starting their mat leave?

I have 2 weeks annual leave to use, so planning on finishing at 37 weeks - 2 weeks annual leave + 1 weeks maternity leave.

Still umming and ahhing about going a week earlier :shrug:

Evening ladies,

Friday before mogster was born! :rofl:

F&C - sounds promising :thumbup: theres a few on ebay at the moment...

Sorry Pip just kidding, I finished work on the friday and my waters broke the sunday, took my mat leave (ordinary and additional) and then got offered a five year career break if I wanted it so grabbed it with both hands. Have to go back by August 2013 if I dont want to have to reapply for my job (well its equivalent).

When are you thinking of stopping?

Pip! I haven't decided if I am finishing at 37 or 38 weeks!? In 6 weeks we are changing to our summer schedule at the learning centre where I work, which means I will work 9-5 (instead od 12-7) from Mon-Thur and be off Fri, Sat and Sun. So I am pretty sure if all goes well that I can tough it out till 38 weeks.

Statistically first babies are always like a week late so hopefully I get at least 2 full weeks off before she arrives!

Morning everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

I have approx. 4 weeks holiday to take and as I am sure money will be a bit tight when on mat leave, we are thinking of pretty much only taking that before EDD, maybe a few days mat leave before EDD too.

Morning everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

I have approx. 4 weeks holiday to take and as I am sure money will be a bit tight when on mat leave, we are thinking of pretty much only taking that before EDD, maybe a few days mat leave before EDD too.

Do you lose much/any if baby comes early? I am off until our next holiday year and we can carry over maximum of 3 holiday days, so if baby comes more than a week and 3 days early I will lose any other days (but I figured that was unlikely :haha:)

Did that even make sense.......????

that sounds fine Pip, after all if bubs comes early they just start your mat leave from DOB anyway.

Main thing is to get a rest before baby comes as its all hectic once theyre here, not som much tiring as hectic as everyone wants to see you and baby, you have to make sure OH is fuirm with folks and doesnt let them just descend on you - you need time for you and bubs and him to settle as a family. Have a code or agree how many hours a day etc you think you will cope with for visitors, that way you can manage expectations now and then they are easier to deal with at the time as people wont feel disappointed that youre not available every moment they think you might be!

P&F they cant force you to take hols before baby is born but it might be worth taking some in case baby is early...bear in mind that come Sept you will have presumably wanted some time for a break in the summer - it gets very hot being preggers in the summer as you get bigger its harder to cool off IYKWIM. Most employers though will understand if you have booked hols before birth that if bubs is early you stil intend to have it - after all they have to give so much paid mat leave and its not in their interest to try to take it away - bad PR - in the end you may end up with a day or two less unpaid mat leave but by then you will be into next years holiday entitlement anyway and that is paid :wohoo:

P&F they cant force you to take hols before baby is born but it might be worth taking some in case baby is early...bear in mind that come Sept you will have presumably wanted some time for a break in the summer - it gets very hot being preggers in the summer as you get bigger its harder to cool off IYKWIM. Most employers though will understand if you have booked hols before birth that if bubs is early you stil intend to have it - after all they have to give so much paid mat leave and its not in their interest to try to take it away - bad PR - in the end you may end up with a day or two less unpaid mat leave but by then you will be into next years holiday entitlement anyway and that is paid :wohoo:

Our hol year runs April to April and they said I have to take them (or at least all bar 3 days we are able to carry over) before holiday year ends. As I won't be returning before holiday year ends am having to take them before. I have been putting lots in and have kept 10 days to use before mat leave.
If bubs comes early (ie during my period of those 10 days annual leave rather than mat leave) they say mat leave starts early. So any days holiday I may not have managed to take due to mat leave kicking in earlier have to be taken before end of holiday year (next April) which I can't do, so I would lose them (except for the 3 that it is policy to allow carry over).

Does that not sound right? It has been a bit of a nightmare really as we are going to be having a restructure soon so holidays were the least of my worries lol :dohh:

sounds the sort of thing theyd have to be very petty to argue over and the sort of thing they would lose and unfair claim over IYKWIM...talk to your MW she would have more experience of this...if it helps of the 11 mums in our antenatal class we had 1 come very early, 2 come a few days early and the rest were late...

Hmm...ticker ghost... :haha:

Hi ladies :flower:

My official mat leave strat date is 16th Aug which is 38 weeks approx....but i'm taking 2 weeks hols before so will finish at approx 35 weeks on the 28th July. I did the same with Jac and really valued the rest time at home before he came...especially as i dindt go overdue (so the time didnt drag). Is i expect to have another csection which is most likely to happen at 39 weeks....i'll only get around 3-4 weeks off anyway.

Our company encourages you to take all your hols before you go off....but they cant force us to....what will happen is you add the holidays carried over to the end of your leave or get paid in lieu. With Jac i carried over 8 days and took them at the end of my leave :thumbup: This time I'm thinking of keeping 3.5 days till next year so i can have a week paid before i go back. Will help cash wise :wacko:.

Jac had his booster Jab this morning and he was great :thumbup: The milky bar i was bribing him with worked a treat :haha:.... a few small pieces before going in.....one while the nurse was doing her thing and a piece as a reward :thumbup:

xx

bribery - love it :thumbup:

Well done Jac :flower:

Had my GTT today - lucozade tastes awful!!!!!

I am hoping to speak to my employer about this and get them to agree to pay any untaken holidays should our LO be early. Fingers crossed they will agree to it. It is not like it is something that you plan to get the extra cash, is it?

Baby gaga are obviously having issues... come back soon tickers!!

Can't join in this convo, as I don't work at the mo- I left college in Jan and have been at home ever since, BORED and broke- a combination which does not mix!!

I too sit at home Yas - just I call it a career break! Got offered a 5 year break when mat leave for Mogster ended as wasnt ready to go back and they said ok but you gotta be back by Aug 2013 if you want your job still - later than that has to be agreed before then or I have to reapply, thinking about it theyll both be in school at least half a day come the Sept 2013 so probably fits very well...

What would you like to do if you werent having bubs?

13th May, 2010
CHARLOTTE says: Brand new iCandy Peach After waiting WEEKS for this pram whilst it was on order my little one has decided she wants to walk!

I bought my iCandy Peach for £555.00 but I am not expecting to get that much for it and I thought I would give Net Mums a go before putting it on an auction site. I was going to put it on for a buy it now price of £500.00 but if I sell it on Net Mums I would be happy to accept £480.00

It is in the 'Black Jack' colour.

I could send you over some pictures if you want to send your email address.

Here is a link to the iCandy Peach website
www.icandyuk.com/products.php?id=peach

Read more: https://www.netmums.com/h/f/BOARDS/nearlynew/south_cambridgeshire/for_sale//#ixzz0noipoxTL
Netmums - the local parenting network

Any use Pip?

Well even though I just posted this in the Sept. Stars thread...I have to post it here for all our little family to see....Ann and I have reached V-DAY!!!!! :hugs:

24 Weeks already...in a way I can't believe it....on the other hand....September can't get here fast enough! LOL!!

I'll be back in a bit to post my 24 week bump pic!

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->