2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Oooh - Ann - thats gorgeous!!!!! You must be so excited!! Get accessory shopping now! You can definitely justify a lovely changing bag at that price!! What a bargain! :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is having a good Monday! The cot and changing/shelving unit we ordered arrived today - 3 weeks early! Woo hoo! Its in two VERY big boxes, so I dare not have a peek as they need to be moved somewhere until we decorate the nursery, but I'm just desperate to get them out and put them together now! :hissy:

I went out for the day with my parents yesterday and my Mum surprised me by buying us this: https://www.bloombaby.com/collection/main.php?sID=31

She tried to buy me a new one but it was the last one they had left in John Lewis (on display), so I negotiated it for £40 less than their price - whoop! It looks very cute, I'm not sure exactly how practical it will be, but DH has been lusting after it since I got pregnant (he likes to think that the house isn't going to become full of brightly coloured baby stuff - I'm letting him keep that unrealistic dream for now!!!:haha::haha::haha:). My Mummy is the best! She always buys us awesome things that we would never justify ourselves so that its such a treat! :cloud9: I also bought a very cute cream knitted cardigan for the baby. So a fabby couple of days so far!!!

Moggy - I'm half way through the breastfeeding book you recommended, its great, thank you so much for the tip! :hugs:

MrsMils, that lounger is gorgeous. And how nice of your mum to get it for you. :thumbup:

I'm not quite half way through the book yet, but have really enjoyed what I have read so far. Thanks again for the recommendation, Moggy. :)

Lydia!! Cool baby item!! Is that a type of rocker for baby!? I've never seen those chairs around here!! Lucky girl! Isn't it great when out mommy's spoil us! Can't wait to have my little girl to spoil!!

Hope everyone is good!

xo

Thanks everyone! She's fab and I'm a very happy spoilt daughter! :cloud9: My sister has two boys, so she has grandchildren already, but my sister couldn't afford lots of the basics when she was pregnant, so my parents helped her out with lots of the more practical things. We're fortunate enough to be able to afford car seat/pram/steriliser etc, so she's loving being able to buy the things that she really wants! (She's also very much hoping that I have a girl, you should have seen her eyeing up the pretty girly baby clothes in the shops! :haha:).

I cannot decide what colour to pain the nursery, the cot is light grey, we've got pine floors and darker wood doors/skirting, a mid-colour wood sideboard that will stay in there (lots of random wood going on!) and these are the wallpaper animals that DH bought me for my birthday for it: https://www.littlebabycompany.com/products/1006/Elephant-Wall-Decal-Josef-Frank-Paradiset- (also the giraffe in the same colour). I can't decide whether just to go white, or a different colour? Its time like this that I wish we hadn't stayed on team yellow!:dohh:

Could I ask you another JL undersale question? If I managed to find the iCandy Peach somewhere in stock and cheaper than JL, but half way across the UK, do you reckon I could call the closest JL to that store, get them to pricematch it and order it from them to get it delivered here? Anyone know?

I'm not sure Pip, I don't see why not though? When we've wanted something that isn't in stock in JL they've always managed to get it for us, but I don't know whether it has come from a central warehouse of sent from another store. Worth giving it a go - I'd just call them and ask.

Pip - that one on ebay didn't sell, she's re-listed it at £475 - a bit cheaper https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Sealed-Box-ICandy-Peach-Pushchair-Sweetpea-/270579312881?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item3effc8a8f1#ht_800wt_962 though it would still be £500 with courier. Will keep looking though!

Pip, even if you request undersale from store nearby you would likely opt for free delivery as over £30 anyway? Depending where it is if they say you need to be living there you could always use a friends address if they are nearby and then request delivery to your address and quote the old wives tale luck thing about not wanting buggy in the house etc - nto go with that myself as how are you supposed to get ready? If it is near me you are welcome to use my address for the undersale :thumbup: If its not sure we will find someone willing to offer their address for it!

Good idea Moggy! Same here, if its in Norfolk give me a shout as you can use my address (unlikely, as not much happens in Norfolk!!).

I'm also here to help:thumbup: But i'm in North Wales and the nearest JL to me is over an hour away ....actually when it comes to that everything decent shopping wise is over an hour away :blush:

If i can help anyone i will though :thumbup:

xx

Bump photos!

(I've been a bit rubbish taking them, as for ages I didn't feel much different, and then POP!)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/165711-plus-size-bump-pictures-175.html

It has popped like CRAZY!! Bizarrely I'm only 3kg heavier now than I was when I got my bfp, despite being huuuuuge- cos I lost tons of weight with the MS.

I've put on just under a stone now :blush: - fortunately I don't have scales in my house otherwise I think I'd become a bit paranoid. DH almost raised an eyebrow at me for tucking into my third french fancy this afternoon.... :growlmad: My fruit/veg craving from first tri has definitely been replaced with a sugar one!!!

Yas - Lovely bump hun.....you have deffo popped. :thumbup: I think i have in the last few weeks too....and from now on it just gets bigger and bigger ...and the waddle becomes more and more :haha:

Lydia - I've put over a stone on..actually 18lbs or so....:blush: I am obsessing about my weight too even though i weighed over a stone heavier with jac at this stage. I also have a bvery sweet tooth this time ..... i make a run for the biscuits and choccy bar isles in tescos weekly now! :haha:
I even have 3/4 chocchy in my work drawer as backup...how bad is that :haha:

xx

I even have 3/4 chocchy in my work drawer as backup...how bad is that :haha:

Not that bad at all - I have a packet of choccy biscuits beside my bed because I'm always waking up hungry in the middle of the night and then don't go back to sleep unless I eat something, so the dog and I have a little midnight feast of chocolate hobnobs! :blush: :haha:

midnight feast :thumbup: I used to have custard creams when doing the 2am BF with mogster!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->