2012 TTC chat

Yay! Good luck with your appt!! Please let us know how it goes :) We taught him to point to my belly and say baby. It is so cute. DH is super excited but nervous at the same time because we weren't financially prepared for another baby but if we waited until we could afford them we would never have any haha!

Aww that is so sweet!!! :) Ha yeah all my friends with kids say don't wait til you can afford it as it'll never happen :) You will find a way to manage.

The appt was fine, 3rd appt and 3rd different doc which is a bit annoying but she was nice. Before, I'd asked about trying metformin before clomid and was told no because I wasn't overweight. But this doc said if I want it then I can try it first, then go onto clomid after. We said we don't want any stress or pressure and she said that is the best attitude to have. But since it's been over a year now since I was last pregnant she said it'd be a good idea to have an HSG. I'm fine with it but worried at the same time!! What is it like? I don't know the actual process and how painful it is??

Are u about to ovulate or have you already ovulated?

I haven't ovulated yet. I don't know what to do. I just feel like I want to throw up one day and the next I feel like I am fine.

HI ktowett

if you've not ovulated yet then there's no point doing a test as you can't be pregnant. If you're going to ov on Sunday then you should probably have sex at least one more time between now and then. Sperm can survive inside you for 5 days but only if the conditions are right and his sperm are strong, so it's best to have sex every other day, maybe every 2 days when you're ttc.

Once you've ovulated there's roughly 14 days between your ovulation day and your period. It may be slightly longer, slightly less as everyone is different! Some people can get an early positive, say maybe 9 or 10 days past ovulation but it depends on when the egg implanted. It takes a week (ish) for the egg to move out of the fallopian tube into the womb, and then it takes another day or two for it to implant, and then it takes another few days for it to produce enough pregnancy hormone for a test to pick it up. If you're really desperate to know you could start testing 5 days before your period is due, otherwise you can just leave it to see if you miss your period or not. It's a tough choice because some women can take a test early and get a positive, but then have a bleed around the time of their period anyway.

Sorry you are feeling sick :hugs: If you're def not pregnant from your last cycle and you're waiting to ovulate this cycle then the sickness can't be from pregnancy. Maybe you caught a bug, or the ttc is causing you stress? Hope you feel better soon.

ktowett - Have you been trying to get pregnant long? If so you may want to visit the doctor. They can run lots of test and tell you whats going on. I wasn't ovulating on my own so I took the fertility meds for both pregnancies.

Smiler - The HSG was a breeze for me although it did mess up my cycle afterwards:growlmad: Hopefully that won't be the case with you. I think that was rare. I took 800mg of Ibuprofen before hand and I didn't feel a thing except some pressure. It was uncomfortable to me but not painful. I did spot a little bit afterwards. I think the HSG helped me get pregnant this time :) because this was the second cycle after I had it done and like i said the first one was a bust. I didn't ovulate that cycle. I think the HSG and the Metformin would be a great start!

Today I am 3dpo (CD22) We BD CD11,13,17,18. I have been getting hot flushes, irritable, abdominal pain, gas, nausea, and today very sore swollen boobs. Also a sharp stabbing pain low abdomen when I have sudden movements like sneezing etc. I don't think I am pregnant, I have been trying for 8 months now (caught straight away with #1) but having no luck this time! Just wondered if anyone who got their BFP had symptoms similar to mine on the same sort of days as me? I've completely lost hope, especially when everyone I know is having babies or moving on to their #2 or #3 so easily and nothings happening for me. :( Congratulations to all of you who got your BFP's and good luck to those still trying :)

Sounds like you timed it perfect! I can't help on the symptoms because I never had any until now. :( sorry. But as far as timing bd it sounds great!

I haven't ovulated yet. I don't know what to do. I just feel like I want to throw up one day and the next I feel like I am fine.

HI ktowett

if you've not ovulated yet then there's no point doing a test as you can't be pregnant. If you're going to ov on Sunday then you should probably have sex at least one more time between now and then. Sperm can survive inside you for 5 days but only if the conditions are right and his sperm are strong, so it's best to have sex every other day, maybe every 2 days when you're ttc.

Once you've ovulated there's roughly 14 days between your ovulation day and your period. It may be slightly longer, slightly less as everyone is different! Some people can get an early positive, say maybe 9 or 10 days past ovulation but it depends on when the egg implanted. It takes a week (ish) for the egg to move out of the fallopian tube into the womb, and then it takes another day or two for it to implant, and then it takes another few days for it to produce enough pregnancy hormone for a test to pick it up. If you're really desperate to know you could start testing 5 days before your period is due, otherwise you can just leave it to see if you miss your period or not. It's a tough choice because some women can take a test early and get a positive, but then have a bleed around the time of their period anyway.

Sorry you are feeling sick :hugs: If you're def not pregnant from your last cycle and you're waiting to ovulate this cycle then the sickness can't be from pregnancy. Maybe you caught a bug, or the ttc is causing you stress? Hope you feel better soon.

Okay correction, after I looked at the ovulation calculator. I am actually more than 20 dpo, and actually about to pass another ovulation with no period in between. I was supposed to have came on the 13. So I am really baffled now as to what to do.

HI ktowett

Okay correction, after I looked at the ovulation calculator. I am actually more than 20 dpo, and actually about to pass another ovulation with no period in between. I was supposed to have came on the 13. So I am really baffled now as to what to do.

Have you tried having a blood pregnancy test at the docs?

Sounds like you timed it perfect! I can't help on the symptoms because I never had any until now. :( sorry. But as far as timing bd it sounds great!

Also when I did the ovulation calculator, he told me my possible due date is August 21.2012 which is 2 days after you due date and the day before my anniversary. LOL.

When you tested did you do it in the morning? I got a negative, but I did mine at like 11:30 at night. I heard it was better especially when you are early in missing your period to test in the morning.

I was 12 dpo and did mine in the afternoon :) I went in for a blood test to confirm because my tests were so faint. Try the first response early tests they work well

No I haven't done a blood pregnancy test as of yet. I just realized last week that i hadn't had a menstrual. But if I go one more week with no cycle then I am going to go to the doc, something is wrong if I am not I and my husband just moved to a new state so I am going to have to go through the whole referral thing in order to get to a ob/gyn.

Hey girls! I just wanted to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope you all have the happiest, most wonderful holiday!

AF Showed her face, thought it wasn't heavy I am still giving in. SAD!!

Hi sunshine!how is everything??i dont remember if u've bn for ur 1st scan yet..

Hi! They did an early scan last week and everything looked ok. It was too early for the heartbeat. I go back Jan 10th to see the heartbeat. I am super nervous!

I didn't have any that I remember. I didn't get any until a few days after my BFP. It's possible to have them though. A lot of women do :)

I go for my ultrasound on the 11th...Cannot wait!!! AT 4 DPO I started to become VERY constipated and it lasted about 5 days. That's really it.

My scan is the 10th!! I am very scared because i had a tear in my placenta with my son but it healed on its own. I am so scared it is going to happen again because I have already had a little brown spotting....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->