2012 TTC chat

Daycare here is about $400-$450 dollars per month. So it will run about $850/month with two kids. He got a call yesterday and got one of the job offers from Texas!!! There were two different ones we have been waiting on and this is the less paying job but will allow me to stay home for a little bit and then I can go back to work. We are still making sure the money is where it needs to be and checking into the insurance but as of right now he has accepted the offer :) I hope you find out something soon too!!

Oh YAY!!! Congratulations!! This is amazing news :D When does he start?

We are still waiting....the guy is just so busy. He got in touch to say he'd put a package together but needs to send it to the financial director or something for approval, and then we will find out what the money, benefits etc are like. It's sooooo frustrating!

Hello ladies...am so sorry it is been too long and i missed u so much..
how r u doing smiler??i see alot is happened since..i'll find out in a bit why ur dh is looking for another job.have u started on clomid yet?or was it after summer?and how the body shaping journey going?
sunshine-i see ur little gal is really grown.28wks!!.it really hs bn long since i've bn here!!congrats on the job too..its abt time u guys got that call..other than feeling heavy..how r u doing?
AFM...am just so enjoying not worrying abt baby making stuff..bn in n out of the county for a few weeks...again am loving it...it just keeps me busy!honestly for the past few months..i dont even know where i am in the cycle..am not at all bothered when AF is approaching..feels really good.

Hi mmleo!!!:wave: So good to hear from you. I am glad you are enjoying some stress-free time. I go to the Dr today and hopefully get to schedule my c-section. When will you start trying again??

Girls I have bad news... My husband is having to turn down the job after all this. We are heartbroken. The pay was where we hoped it would be but we found out that the insurance is terrible. I was going to stay home with the kids and not work for a while but the insurance is so bad there is no way we could take care of two kids and dr visits with it. The deductible was $4,000! That is so crazy. I only pay $300 at my work for family coverage. We would be paying out of pocket for the rest of the pregnancy and delivery and any following appointments until we reached the $4,000 and we don't have that kind of money. I am just so upset, I can't even function :cry:

Oh Sunshine :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I don't really understand how the insurance works over there but I'm so sorry it's not the right package for you and he had to turn it down :( So disappointing for all of you :( We had similar-ish news today - the pay being offered for this new job is nowhere near what we were hoping it would be and I don't think we can afford for him to take it. It's a real shame :(

Mmleo! Hello hello! So great to hear from you! Really pleased you are feeling perky and doing well, that is really great to hear :) Sounds like you have really been making the most of your non-baby-thinking time, so great :) I haven't started clomid yet. 3 weeks til we go on holiday, then will see where we are once we get back. Cycles are being weird at the moment, last couple has taken me such a long time to ov. Normally it would stress me out but since we're not TTC at the moment it's alright. Annoying, but not stressful! Have been enjoying it mostly as well - joined a few hobby groups etc., and nights out with friends not worrying about alcohol! Though there have def been times I've felt really impatient about it and frustrated at the wait. But overall it is ok.

Really pleased to have heard from you :)

Smiler, I am sorry the pay is not what you had hoped for :( It doesn't seem fair that great opportunities end up being bad ones. We had our hopes up so much. I went to the Dr today and I am measuring around 27 weeks. Alittle behind but nothing to worry about he said. I don't know if I believe that based on the size of my belly :)

Thanks Sunshine :flower: It is disappointing. We weren't hoping for a ridiculous amount but based on the fact it's in London and the cost of living there is much higher than it is here, we need it to be better than it is for us to be able to afford it. If DH was single and was only needing to rent a room on his own he'd be totally fine but since it's both of us, and hopefully a little one in the not-too-distant future it doesn't look like the sums will work out. We're going to talk about it some more tonight and he might try and bargain with them to see if he can persuade them to up the offer, but not going to hold my breath!

Maybe the original job will come up for your DH...I know they're on a hiring freeze at the moment but perhaps when they lift it he will be offered something and you'll be glad he didn't take this one :hugs:

Aww I'm sure you and your belly are just fine :) Don't they say when you are pg the dates/measurements can be out by +/- 2 weeks and it's ok. Maybe she is just petite :)

Yeah I think measuring the uterus with that tape measure can be off. I think you are right it's +/- 2 weeks. I would say she is probably two weeks ahead :) My son weighed 9lbs 4oz and he was 8 days early

Oh wow! That is a big baby :) Thank goodness I had a c-section. I can't imagine that pain :(

Yeah she was a tad battered afterwards :S

CD41 for me and still no ovulation...really starting to get concerned AF is going to ruin my holiday :( :(

Oh no I am sorry to hear that :( When are you leaving? It is coming up soon isn't it?

Yeah I can't wait! We leave on the 19th. My temps have been so totally crazy this cycle, I think it's an anovulatory one. Last anovulatory one lasted 60-something days, so that would happen slap-bang in the middle of the trip! It is weird to say this but I hope I'm on one of my 100+ day cycles!!!

Hello again..sorry things arent going as planned with the jobs..i hope things take better turns..
sunshine-am glad things seem to be going well with the pregnancy..it seems a bit too early to schedule for ur c-section??but again ur hospitals/drs are super busy i guess.How did it go?

smiler-sorry to here abt ur crazy cycle...but i think as long as u rnt ttc'ing..still i hope ur af shows up sooner than later.then it'll be just not good.how long r away for??

We r also going to london and somewhere in italy...so will be away for the whole of july..it is so funny an weird what am about to say...but last time i wrote i was still enjoying non-baby making times but it seems to hve changed over night..started googling ivf clinics again..!i thin am ready to try again but am so not ready for the stress it involves..

Mmleo that sounds very fun!! I would love to go to Italy. When do you think you will start doing the IVF?

Smiler - how are things with you?

I got my c-section scheduled for August 15th. They are taking her 4 days early

it is safer to do it(c-section) earlier i believe..i think wit my son we did like 10-14 days earlier.am thinking of trying again when we get back...sept will be ok i think..

ohhh!!15th...i cant believe u'll hve a baby gal so soon...it seems like yestday when we were complaining cycle after cycle...

r u feeling good sunshine?

Ooh how exciting Sunshine, 15th August :) Yes it does seem weird eh, doesn't seem so long ago we were all obsessing!

Mmleo sounds like you just needed some 'me' time to get your head straight. I'm pleased for you you feel ready to try again, but sympathise with the stress. I am so excited to start clomid - not quite in the same league as going for IVF I know, but if I do get pg I'm scared I won't be able to handle the stress of being pg; I am going to be terrified of another loss I know it :(

But in better news - I just found out the pharmacy here does a "period management service" hahahahaha! I can order some pills to take just before my period is due and it will delay it! YES!!!

Mmleo you will have a fab time in London! Are you going to the olympics? Italy is fab too, love it there, whereabouts are you going? We're off to Greece soon but just for a week.

Sounds like you both are about to have very exciting trips :) Period management that's funny haha! But glad you won't have the stress of having your period while away. I am a little worried they are taking her so close to the due date. I wonder if I will go into labor??? EEK that's a scary thought!

:hi: ladies.
smiler-u know i almost suggested u take bcpills but didnt think u'll be interested...they can delay af too.period management....never heard of that!!is that the name of te pill??
We stay in Marlow when in the uk....and we r going to Sardinia in Italy..
i honestly dont think there is a way around that stress/fear of loss...but it is worse when u've bn thru it but lets pray n hope that things will be smooth this time...really hope smiler..

drs know best sunshine...u will be fine..but i think u sh'd check with ur dr what will happen if u go into labor b4 the date...

Mmleo I was in Marlow the other week! It is lovely. We went to Sardinia on holiday a few years ago too, it was gorgeous :) The restaurants all have amazing fish dishes - I don't normally like fish much but because it's so fresh it's v.v. tasty :)

Yeah I'm too late to start on the pill but the thing I can get from the pharmacy is called norethisterone. It's basically a progesterone pill which you start to take 3 days before AF is due, so it just keeps your progesterone levels high enough to keep AF away for a few extra days. :)

Sunshine do you ever watch things like Maternity Ward or One Born Every Minute? I'm sure if you were to go into labour naturally they'd just have you on the labour ward til the theatre was prepped and then take you through. I've seen women on there loads of times who turn up for a natural birth but then for some reason they need a caesarean, but everyone seems pretty calm about it. I'm sure if you went into labour they'd be able to deal with it. But yeah as Mmleo says I'm sure your doc can reassure you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->